Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:17 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Does anyone else find replacing Tyson with him is kinda racist?
He's not really replacing Tyson. There was Super-Punch Out, and then a version of the NES Punch-Out that had Super Macho Man as the last character, and the version of NES Punch-Out that featured Mr. Dream.

And I'm not even sure that he's the last boxer. He's an unlockable or something, so I don't think he's the last person you fight in the WVBA. He might just be some other option or something.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:34 pm
Meta_Fish
l-Kathulu-l
Does anyone else find replacing Tyson with him is kinda racist?
He's not really replacing Tyson. There was Super-Punch Out, and then a version of the NES Punch-Out that had Super Macho Man as the last character, and the version of NES Punch-Out that featured Mr. Dream.

And I'm not even sure that he's the last boxer. He's an unlockable or something, so I don't think he's the last person you fight in the WVBA. He might just be some other option or something.
They need Carol Channing.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:03 am
Should have been Captain Falcon.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:10 pm
Meta_Fish
Someone call PETA
waaaaah
I was actually gonna make this joke.

They cried at being able to hit seagulls(who fly away unharmed) with cannon balls in Phantom Hourglass. Imagine the response when they find out Nintendo is supporting "The cruel exploitation of giant gorillas in human versus animal battles."  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:33 pm
[Kegan]
Meta_Fish
Someone call PETA
waaaaah

They cried at being able to hit seagulls(who fly away unharmed) with cannon balls in Phantom Hourglass. Imagine the response when they find out Nintendo is supporting "The cruel exploitation of giant gorillas in human versus animal battles."
Eh, I dunno. PETA didn't make a fuss about the Smash Bros. games.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:22 am
Regulust
Should have been Captain Falcon.
Too hard to beat.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:50 pm
Super Cheesio
[Kegan]
Meta_Fish
Someone call PETA
waaaaah

Eh, I dunno. PETA didn't make a fuss about the Smash Bros. games.
They pick and choose, I think. I guess Smash Bros is more fantasy and/or the animals are mostly anthropomorphic (Fox, Falco, Wolf, etc.) or fictional (Pikachu, Lucario, etc.) and stuff. I dunno. In this, you're boxing with a gorilla. You never know what they'll go after though, as Kegan pointed out. Hunting games come out all the time, yet they go after Phantom Hourglass? I suppose I haven't looked into what all they go after.

But yeah, even if they do go after this, I doubt that would stop Nintendo. It's not like people are going to go out and punch monkies because of Punch-Out.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:06 pm
Meta_Fish

But yeah, even if they do go after this, I doubt that would stop Nintendo. It's not like people are going to go out and punch monkies because of Punch-Out.

Allegro

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 pm
Allegro
Meta_Fish

This right here is the best thing I have ever heard.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff