Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
~Suggestions~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:35 am
Just the idea behind the region I want my character to come from. If you approve it, cool, since it'll add new regions and backstory to my character. Just as a note, Gary helped me come up with the names hahah.

Steinise (prononcued Stine-eyes): A snowy, mountainous region a ways North of Prometheus city. Steinise is a wild land with moderate animal life and dense evergreen forests, and the people generally live in village communes named after their temple.
Isslekt: What the people of Steinise call themselves, roughly translating into "ice kin". The Isslekt are a pale-skinned people with usually white or blond hair. They usually don't vary in size much, with common adults being between 5'10" and 6'4". It's quite rare to see a skinny Isslekt, they're usually muscular or a bit on the husky side.
Ymirise: The name of the temple from which Sylvir comes from. Ymirise, roughly translated, means Giant of Ice, hence the temple the commune is surrounded by is rather large and somewhat ornate, decorated in mainly blue grays, whites, and silvers but occasional golds. Like the other communes, the people of Ymirise accept outsiders from the other communes as family, thus making the Isslekt essentially one people divided by the terrain. The societies function primarily on the use of energems in the temples, but there is limited steam tech used as well.
Angellus Order: Named after an ancient Isslekt hero, a selfless knight who cared for his people above all else and initially established the order. The rulers of the individual communes and the greater Isslekt society, the Angellus Order is made up of priests and holy warriors who have proven their mettle and risen above the average Isslekt, proving themselves with skill (in the case of the warriors, with their combat abilities and some proficiency in their aura; in the case of priests, extreme aura and magical proficiency along with a strong sense of wisdom). The Angellus Order believe in strong social values, believing that the society should be above the individual. Where the Hand of Angellus, the holy warriors, fulfill the role of guardians, the Voice of Angellus are the true ruling body, leading with wisdom and a greater knowledge.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:14 am
User Image
Excellent. Approved, without a doubt. I shall transfer it to the library and place it in a book. 3nodding

Proper credit given, of course. wink

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:31 am
Heheh, you forgot the rest of the info about Steinise in the Library.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:35 am
*facepalm*

I did! I meant to edit out the reference to your character and include it! rolleyes

Ah well, chalk it up to forgetfulness, aye? I'll get on that!  

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:19 am
Hahah, no worries, man. Just reminding you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 pm
I'm not even really sure how to start. You said you wanted to discuss the info for my character. Really, the only thing I can think to post is the little snidbit of information I had in my character bio here, unless you have specific questions, which I'll do my best to answer.  

Mercedes Raven Angelous
Crew

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:19 pm
Mercedes Raven Angelous
I'm not even really sure how to start. You said you wanted to discuss the info for my character. Really, the only thing I can think to post is the little snidbit of information I had in my character bio here, unless you have specific questions, which I'll do my best to answer.

Ebil wanted to discuss your character's race, since any special races need confirmation by him to be accepted in.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:30 am
Yeah, I know that, I just don't really know what else to put about my race. And it seems (to me) slightly redundant to post it here too. >_< But I understand the reasoning.  

Mercedes Raven Angelous
Crew

Mercedes Raven Angelous
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:30 am
Gurnei (in a little more detail - yay insomnia! xd )
Gurnei are a kind, gypsy like race, believed to have lived a bit over a century ago. Few have heard of the race talked about as anything more than legends in stories, but some claim to have found artifacts that didn't belong to any of the known races, seeming to support the idea that Gurnei did truly exist.

Though they are a kind race, when necessary, they can hold their own in battle and tend to overcome their enemies. However, they show mercy when an enemy is down, and usually take the time to tend the injuries of the fallen before moving on.

Gurnei can heal themselves, and others, almost instantly, though it's unknown why they possess this ability, or how it works. Their healing power is so great that they don't age much past early adulthood when their hormones level out, but otherwise develop normally. Because of this, they are believed to have the lifespan of Elves, though it hasn't been confirmed because of the nomadic tendencies of the race.

This healing ability also allows Gurnei to take heavy damage in a battle situation, but there are limits. If a bone is simply fractured, or crushed, it will start mending right away, but won't completely heal for several hours to several days, depending on the amount of damage. Once a bone is lost, such as in the instance of a severed arm, it can't be regrown the same way the skin and muscles could be. While the skin and muscles would mend, saving them from blood loss, they would still lose a limb.

Gurnei have astounding control of their Auras, and are able to use all forms. Most of them prefer to use Weapon forms and Familiar forms, though they are able to use Avatar forms to a degree of mastery should the situation call for it.

It is believed that a powerful mage attacked the Gurnei and annihilated the race more than a century ago; however, there are rumors that there are still a few Gurnei left alive.

~~~~

And I can't think of anything else, so feel free to ask questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:23 pm
I only have a one thing I'd like to know since this is the exact kind of thing that Geoff would teach in his World Cultures and Geography class:

What sort of place did the Gurnei live in? Temperate forest, prairies, desert, rainforest, mountains, etc. Also, what continent? So far there are two, and neither is named (I just call them the Northern Lands and the Southern Lands for the time being), but if you want to add another that would be great.  

Gary Glampire
Crew

Mercedes Raven Angelous
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:27 pm
They are completely nomadic, living anywhere and everywhere they choose. They don't really have a home and have moved back and forth between the lands, carrying everything they own on their backs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm
OK, that's good enough for me to work with. I'm fairly sure that Ebil will approve this, so I'll be sure to keep it in mind whenever my class actually gets going >.<  

Gary Glampire
Crew

Mercedes Raven Angelous
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:43 pm
User Image

Bumpy!! ^_^

If it ever gets there. >_<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:28 pm
User Image
Eh, wotwot? Sorry about my long absence! eek

I've been down at my grandmother's house - didn't actually know I was going until the night before rolleyes

Ah well, back now, wot?

And my only concern, 'Cedes, was that "Auras" are little known and even less understood. Although the "Gurnei" (hope I'm spelling that right" might be skilled with certain types of Auras, it would most likely only be the wise women or whatever the equivalent is that would even know they existed, and nobody would have one. This is a lost art, one that Aura Academy is trying to revive. 3nodding

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Mercedes Raven Angelous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:04 pm
Hammy, please feel free to edit her however you want, and I'll go back and read it later. I'm in a rut right now, and I'm not sure I can edit her. I'm having problems understanding simple things at the moment, so have at her, and I'll catch myself up on what you did later on. You have free rein dear.  
Aura Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff