Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Gee Boi Turbo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:31 pm
Rey Shot
Ezra-tan

The items really aren't that unobtainable. No item on gaia [minus the halo and panda/kodiac hats] is unobtainable, as long as you know how to earn gold. It's very easy, actually. It took me only a couple of months to earn the gold for my sash, pendant, and wanklets. Hell, I got enough to buy the Y Paddle in two days. It's reeaaally not that hard.

You just have to learn the ways of vending and/or hoarding o.o

Plus dedicate hours on here.
User Image

You don't have to dedicate a lot of time here. I work a full time job, so I don't always have the option. As well, if you like doing something, it isn't really a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:53 am
As someone who doesn't vend (I buy items I like ... I never want to sell them!) obtaining those items IS impossible. Last I checked the Gaia-tan has an insane list price.

It's absurd.

The RIG's are just a very ... see through way of Gaia to get at people's money. I'd rather then innovated.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:09 pm
Heh. That's why I don't spend too much on gaia.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:46 pm
Pilotslover
As someone who doesn't vend (I buy items I like ... I never want to sell them!) obtaining those items IS impossible. Last I checked the Gaia-tan has an insane list price.

It's absurd.

The RIG's are just a very ... see through way of Gaia to get at people's money. I'd rather then innovated.
Gaia is still a free site, and all of the items are obtainable without paying real money. I guess it just depends on whether people are willing to take the time to do what it takes. I'm sorry you don't like vending, but if you aren't willing to do what it takes to get the items you want, you really shouldn't complain. You can always quest as well. There are lots of generous gaians out there [and there always have been] who are more than willing to help you get the items you want.
Quoted from the Gaia staff: "This is quoted from the gaia staff, and I think it backs up my previous statement very well.

"Gaia's economy and community is based on earning by putting effort into the site and community. Effort -is- required, and the more effort you put in, the more you earn.""

And gaia needs to make money. There is something that a lot of people who use this site seem to forget: Gaia is a business. Regardless of what you think, this will never change. The point of a business is to make money, and this is how it is done.  

Ezra-tan

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 pm
I don't like questing though... I find that all it is is 'begging' from people... that and I don't know what I want.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:41 pm
I added a small edit to my last post, but I will quote it here as well:
This is quoted from the gaia staff, and I think it backs up my previous statement very well.

"Gaia's economy and community is based on earning by putting effort into the site and community. Effort -is- required, and the more effort you put in, the more you earn."

@Neo~ Again, it all goes with what I said about the effort you are willing to put into getting the items you want.  

Ezra-tan

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:08 am
Ezra -
I've been having this same, stupid, monotonous argument over at the Site Feedback, needless to say no pro-RIGger has changed my mind yet.

I refuse to believe Gaia is still in the Red, a business losing 2 million a month could no longer exist; they wouldn't have survived the recession.

If a person isn't adept at playing the market then YES those items are unobtainable, the Gaia-tan is more expensive then the Horns of the Demon and that's just insane!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:29 am
To be fair, horns are 2.5 million, Gaia-tan is 1.8 million.

Either way, that's about 30-50 times what I have in my account, and something I'm not interested in trying to obtain.

Oh, but I must mention, I am content with what I currently have, but I wish the prices of things could be regulated or something like that to ensure the costs aren't ridiculous.

Even with the "2% off each item" that was made to try to get people to lower costs didn't work, and people are still going crazy over prices, probably worse than before. Even if this is a recession, the Gaia market doesn't care because to most people Gaia gold isn't a real currency (regardless of them having $5 taken out of their or their parents' account to get two of those monthly collectibles).  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 am
NeoTsure
To be fair, horns are 2.5 million, Gaia-tan is 1.8 million.

Either way, that's about 30-50 times what I have in my account, and something I'm not interested in trying to obtain.

Oh, but I must mention, I am content with what I currently have, but I wish the prices of things could be regulated or something like that to ensure the costs aren't ridiculous.

Even with the "2% off each item" that was made to try to get people to lower costs didn't work, and people are still going crazy over prices, probably worse than before. Even if this is a recession, the Gaia market doesn't care because to most people Gaia gold isn't a real currency (regardless of them having $5 taken out of their or their parents' account to get two of those monthly collectibles).

Ahh apologies, last I checked she was more.

I believe the new Naruto inspired item is about 6 Mil though, it was for a while on Friday.

You'll find no disagreement from me, the Marketplace is in a terrible mess.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:43 am
I'm kind of 'taking over' this thread, which wasn't my intention. I'll open a topic about my concerns.  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:43 pm
Heh. I don't mind so much...

I do get annoyed at the RIG's for the most part, but I rather like just playing this one. sweatdrop I discovered a flaw in it however... They forgot to mention the elevators at the convention. If it had put the two characters in a majorly squished elevator, then it probably would have been perfect, lol...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:38 pm
I want to buy one but I don't know if I want to get it and only get a crappy item. That would suck.  

Mader Hatter

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:56 am
Mader Hatter
I want to buy one but I don't know if I want to get it and only get a crappy item. That would suck.

My honest advice would be not to risk it.

Out of the five tests I brought I got 3 shop commons, a car part (As a final item no less!) and a Mythril coin.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 pm
I got Kuro's Induction on the first try but I don't like any of the items at all... I really don't understand why it's so over priced.  

T3cowboys

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Because it comes from the cash shop? sweatdrop  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff