Reply 'Tendo Cult~
E3 09 Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:03 pm
I still have yet to finish Phantom Hourglass, but I hoping to hear more news on Spirit Tracks.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:45 pm
if i dont get a ******** mario and zelda console game announcement i will flip my s**t  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:17 am
I read somewhere about a sequel to TP that was in first person. Show us that Nintendoooooooo  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 am
auS-e-Dude
I read somewhere about a sequel to TP that was in first person. Show us that Nintendoooooooo

I hope you're joking. You have to be joking. Please tell me you're joking. The only way that game will ever happen is over Miyamoto's dead body. I mean...gah! I'm gonna go bleach out my brain and see if I can forget about this.  

GuruGuru214

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:08 am
GuruGuru214
auS-e-Dude

I hope you're joking. You have to be joking. Please tell me you're joking. The only way that game will ever happen is over Miyamoto's dead body. I mean...gah! I'm gonna go bleach out my brain and see if I can forget about this.
First person games: The root of all evil.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:30 am
Meta_Fish
GuruGuru214
auS-e-Dude

What's so bad about first person? It'll be doing what Miyamoto wants us to with Link. Make him whoever we want him to be. Yet again, this was in a video game magazine, and listed as a rumor. It had a picture of the unicorn fountain in fully fledged 3D. The Unicorn Fountain was a beta area in OoT or MM.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 am
Well, from what I've heard, Nintendo have learned from their mistakes last year. Should be decent this year. I expect there's gonna be a new Mario, Pikmin 3, hopefully another hardcore game, and a few casual games.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:36 am
auS-e-Dude
Meta_Fish
GuruGuru214
auS-e-Dude

What's so bad about first person? It'll be doing what Miyamoto wants us to with Link. Make him whoever we want him to be. Yet again, this was in a video game magazine, and listed as a rumor. It had a picture of the unicorn fountain in fully fledged 3D. The Unicorn Fountain was a beta area in OoT or MM.

I'm certain Fish was joking, Roach.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Polunareffu

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:43 am
Waynebrizzle
Looking forward to:

Red Steel 2 (FINALLY GOD DAMN)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
The Grinder
No More Heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3

This.

Also:
- Some more news on Spirit Tracks
- Console Zelda game would be nice, more than likely won't happen?
- Pikmin 3
- Some good stuff for the DS?  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 am
auS-e-Dude
Meta_Fish
GuruGuru214
auS-e-Dude

I don't have a problem with first-person when it's done right, but I don't see it lending itself to Zelda. I try to imagine it and all I get is Red Steel set in Hyrule (and yes, I know things are looking up with Red Steel 2). You do raise a good point, though, if anybody could attempt it and pull it off it would be Miyamoto, I just don't think he would. Maybe some things would work. Items like the bow and hookshot are already used in first-person, so no change there, and we've seen a first-person sword game before, so maybe they could work a shield into the formula. On the other hand, there's certain staples of the Zelda series that I just don't see working (and I know, they could go to third-person when necessary, like with the Morph Ball), like riding the horse or the spin attack.

And overall I think playing Zelda in first person would feel less immersive anyway.  

GuruGuru214

Demon0fMists

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:28 pm
Ahh this seems like its gonna be an awesome a** year, I just Nintendo doesn't announce a new Wii Music...or talk about Wii resort, that was horrible. Well I read something about a month ago saying that Nintendo said it messed up last year, and this year will please the core games. I hope a new Zelda or Mario is brought up, can't wait for Red Steel 2, imagine a new Okami??? *orgasm*  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:31 pm
They showed an early build of Twilight Princess that was 1st person but they decided it wouldn't fit Zelda. That might be what you heard.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:51 pm
I find a dungeon full of puzzles wouldn't be as imperssed when viewed through first person.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:53 pm
Ribbin
I find a dungeon full of puzzles wouldn't be as imperssed when viewed through first person.

wat  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Demon0fMists
Ahh this seems like its gonna be an awesome a** year, I just Nintendo doesn't announce a new Wii Music...or talk about Wii resort, that was horrible. Well I read something about a month ago saying that Nintendo said it messed up last year, and this year will please the core games. I hope a new Zelda or Mario is brought up, can't wait for Red Steel 2, imagine a new Okami??? *orgasm*
A new Okami will be made by Capcom only without Clover because when the studio was dissolved Capcom kept all of the intellectual properties and ******** them.

THE FURY!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces