Submit

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:19 pm
In elementary and middle school, the girls' concert dress was a white collared shirt and a black skirt while the guys had to wear a white collared shirt with navy-blue pants and a tie (I think. It's been a long time). In high school, females had to wear a black dress. However, those who were in Jazz Choir or Singers wore different attire. The Jazz Choir wore any style of black dresses they wanted (as long as it's appropriate) with colored ribbons, and the Singers wore a red dress. My choir teacher did that so people could distinguish between the choir groups. At my high school, we had five choir groups: Bass Chorus, Treble Chorus, Chorale, Singers, and Jazz Choir.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:44 pm
Jazz band = Your dress of choice...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesooooome. I really hate band dresses. We went to see the LA Phyl Harmonics and the entire concert hall was carpeted...no one touched any of the girls in band for fear of getting electrocuted to death. XD  

FeedLad

MakeAWish_LiveItUp

6,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:22 pm
We actually wear black on the bottom, white on the top. Girls can wear black pants or skirts and a white top, and boys have to wear a white top with ties and black pants. Hart Middle School is a good example of that...I used to be in that band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKI9c8PgqWg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oCQNQLkXDM
Here's some examples.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 pm
At my school our concert dress is a black shirt (3/4 length sleeves) and a skirt, which is new with this teacher that we got three years ago. Only the cellos and basses are allowed to wear pants (not including the boys, obviously). In county orchestra we're allowed to wear pants but it's still all black but we can wear short sleeves. But at my school, in the spring concert, if you're a senior, you're allowed to wear a pretty prom dress of any color that you want :] I'm a senior this year. I'm so excited to finally wear blue in the concert!  

blahhellothereme

Luminant Dreams

6,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:41 pm
the colors black and white is usally concert dress so i own alot of that colored clothing  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 pm
At the middle school I used to go to, we had to wear a pair of khaki pants, a belt, and our band's shirt.
8th grade had black shirts, 7th red, and 6th blue.

Now in High school, I don't know really XD
We haven't had a concert for concert band yet, so I haven't heard anything about it.  

mangacraz00

NightmareMoonFairy

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:21 am
I sometimes wear white blouse with black skirt but usually my concert clothing is all black.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:23 am
We all have matching black dresses, boys have matching tuxes.  

shadow tempyst

Fashionable Dabbler

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:46 am
At my high school, the standard concert dress was black, but for people who were in Singers (an advanced chamber choir consisting of 16-18 people who've passed auditions for it), they wear a short (not short-short. Short as in knee-length short) red dress. When I went to Choir Festivals, I've noticed that other high schools had their choir dresses in blue, pink, green, and other colors. I've seen a variety of colors in choir dresses when I went to festivals.

Like high school, my choir dress is black.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:12 am
white top with black bottoms and shoes for orchestra and my floor length black choir gown with a string of pearls from choir.  

Jellyrum

Sionja

Gracious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:16 pm
Choir dress: Black empire-waist, top is velvet (uhg), bottom is literally miles of polyester. Worst choir dress ever. (Guys wear tuxes, lucky bastards.)

As a soloist, though, as long as it's professional and modest length (ie, at the knee or below) and not boobalicious, I can pretty much wear anything I want, in any color. I love being a soloist, haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:03 pm
Band concert dress: Nice dress clothes. No real set colors yet.

Our French Horns tend to take it too far. The guys wear random colored tuxes. So the girls (Me!) sit at the inside end of the French Horns, as first and second chair, and the guys wear Hot Pink, Bright Green, Crimson, and Dandelion tuxes at the end. It hurts my eyes, and it makes us pop out. I just wear a white shirt and black pants. I am going to miss two of them next year, even if they wear strange concert clothes.  

SoverignSlayer

Gracious Lunatic

Euphonious Cantabile

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:27 pm
For my college choir, we wear this dress:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's such a pretty dress, IMO.

My high school choir dress was also decent, but nowhere as nice as my college's choir dress. I'm no longer in high school, but I still like to keep my old high school choir dress. heart The Singers (kind of like a mix between show and chamber choir) wear red dresses to stand out from the other choirs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:42 pm
my orchestra always has to preform in black pants/skirt (deathtraps!), black socks, black shoes, white shirt. we have to dress like that for all concerts. but then there's me, and i wear all black to protest  

Katherine Gray

[neon.zombie]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 pm
My high school choirs wore 1. black skirt and white customised blouse (it had this awesome design down one side of a stylised swan, our school mascot), 2. black blouse with our music department logo and black skirt. YAWN.

My national choir wore straight black skirts and a maroon blouse, both of which were rather hideous. For most performances we also wore a sash which has cultural significance for my country. The men wore black trousers, black shirt. Again, YAWN.

For solo performances, black is definitely the colour of choice, but I find that a bit of colour and variation can be good for capturing the audience's attention ("Oh look, another singer wearing black, joy" haha)... the adjudicators in my voice exam actually thanked me for wearing a colour other than black to my exam... sweatdrop  
Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff