Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Cross Necklaces? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:14 am
Ophiucha
I don't mind jewelry with small religious symbols, although nothing too vulgar. I admit, I am turned off a bit by the necklaces, but I never say anything about it. All my friends, atheist or Christian, know I'm an atheist anyway. Not to mention the fact that one of my best friends, an atheist, always wears cross necklaces because she thinks they are pretty.

Most offensive thing I've seen a Christian wear was a shirt a girl I know and her boyfriend were sharing that said something about going to a third world country, the dates they went, and "MISSION" with the first letter I as a cross. I have a huge problem with missionaries, so I was pretty offended by it. I tried not to hint at it, though, out of politeness... but it really, really bothered me.

A kid I used to have a crush on back in Elementary School, he's an effing Missionary now.

And he doesn't like Jews. Go figure. Just...disgusting behavior, and missionaries themselves don't know that they don't help as much.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 am
i don't really care if they wore the cross necklace
as long as it's not saying," Don't be an atheist, be christian."

Then i want to burn them
but other than that
wear Buddha, Cross, Pentagram, our Atheist symbol
idc haha  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:54 am
It doesn't bother me when it's something small like a cross necklace, but sometimes I get annoyed with slogan tees (and yes, I have the same standard for atheists). Anyways, I think that crosses are more of a fashion icon than anything meaningful nowadays. I know atheist/ agnostic people who own ornate cross necklaces, and it always looks funny to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:03 pm
As long as it's in good taste, I'm fine with it. But those NOTW clothes made me laugh! Christianity has a way of squeezing itself into interesting places.  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:39 am
Wearing a cross is kind of a sin.

WHY?

Beacuse that's how you show how proud you are about how much you love God.

And now, isn't pride a capital sin? O:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 am
I really don't care if people wear items to show off their faith as long as they stick to that. I do find it amusing that they're basically wearing a graven image to show off how christian they are.

What I hate is street/subway preachers, jehovah's witnesses and anyone who gets on the train screeching about how sinners and unbelievers are damned to hell for ruining "gods creation". Basically anyone who walks around actively trying to convert people.

The most annoying, though, are the ones who start singing - really badly - about how jesus saves all.

Keep it to yourself guys.  

ReDValKyRiE13

[Perfect Calamity]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:03 pm
I dont really mind the crosses.
Rings are okay too, really any jewelry is fine, but when you come to school with a shirt that says "Jesus died for MySpace [copyrite symbol here] in Heaven" and things like what KuroFur mentioned [HE DIED FOUR ME -cross- I LIVE FOUR HIM] on shirts just get annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:43 pm
"What Would Jesus Nietzsche Do?" -- Haha.

When I look at the cross, I actually feel that it's almost kind of pretty. But then I realize it's a torture device. Those Romans sure had it down to a science.  

Kurai Keiro

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:58 pm
Kurai Keiro
"What Would Jesus Nietzsche Do?" -- Haha.

When I look at the cross, I actually feel that it's almost kind of pretty. But then I realize it's a torture device. Those Romans sure had it down to a science.

They crucified people upside down, you know...
Just makes you wonder: What Jesus hadn't been crucified? All of those nasty ways to torture people, makes you wonder what the symbol for Christianity could have been.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:04 pm
I don't mind when people try to show off their religion, it can actually be helpful to know if someone you meet is religious in advance.  

0UjgJBt3ONkG

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:02 pm
[-Erik-]
Wearing a cross is kind of a sin.

WHY?

Beacuse that's how you show how proud you are about how much you love God.

And now, isn't pride a capital sin? O:

This.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:32 pm
My friend is bringing me a cross from one of her idiot bible camps. And for once, it's not because she's trying to convert me. I asked her to. I'm going to wear it because I think it looks good, not because of my religion (or lack thereof). I don't like t-shirts though. Can't stand 'em.  

Lyonette

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:25 pm
Cross necklaces are pretty. I like it especially when guys who have an actual fashion taste wear it.

Personally, I own none.

If I ever will, I'll put it upside down. I hope that'll make it more acceptable as an atheist.

As for T-shirts...... not so much.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:23 pm
User Image

Jewelry doesn't bother me. In fact, I have a celtic cross pendant. It's pretty.

But like almost everyone else said, it's the dumb t-shirts that annoy me. Like the Abercrombe & Fitch parody shirt that says "Apieceofbread & Fish." That one pisses me off because it's so retarded.

Of course, I do have a shirt that says, "God was my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him." However, I'm really mindful about where I wear it, which makes a big difference. I also have a shirt that says "What Would Optimus Do?" But let's face it, Optimus Prime is way cooler than Jesus anyways.

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:49 pm
A lot of people I know wear those Cross Necklaces (or at least have them), including my sister. As far as I know she's not religious and only wears it for the sake of fashion.

Personally I don't mind stuff like that.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff