Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

digipen79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:52 am
what is this thing even for anyways???  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:45 pm
digipen79
what is this thing even for anyways???
We don't know yet. There's a rumor that next year Nintendo is going to release Wii Vitality.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:50 pm
See, this is why Nintendo can hold their own despite their library of games as opposed to Sony or Microsoft (according to some fans anyway; personally I like Nintendo's games just fine). They won't release it until it's perfect. This isn't 20 years ago, nor is it the power glove.

Anyway, I could see this primarily being used for Wii Fit or horror games, but it could also expand into other games. The balance board was originally used for Wii Fit, and solely that, but it's compatible with Punch-Out too now. Nintendo's always working on ways to surprise us, if not to get us to buy more hardware sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Ever since the DS, Nintendo has been proposing really crazy ideas and then kicking a** with them. Every time they announce new hardware I've gone "What the ********? This is stupid." But then within a week or two I mull it over and really think about it, and it's probably one of the most genius things they could have done. A dual-screened Game Boy, a next-generation console that's as strong as last generation's console, a motion controlled remote, the balance board; the Vitality Sensor. If there's one company that can do something crazy, get away with it and do it well, it's Nintendo.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:46 am
Hardware ...yup...soon there will be the technology to record how much urine is in our bladder, then the Nintendo will suggest we go empty them. xD

It's amusing how the trump card is kooky hardware and accessories. They got the formula right this time ^^;

It's like witch craft you know? You just wanna watch and find out what they do next
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:43 pm
Eh, I don't know...this idea is cool, but my Wii Balance Board hardly ever gets used, and it seems to me like this is going to be the same kind of deal. I probably won't bother getting it. Who knows, though. They might come up with something really cool to do with it. Still, I'm skeptical. I have a feeling it won't work that well.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:56 pm
Radio Jazzy
Eh, I don't know...this idea is cool, but my Wii Balance Board hardly ever gets used, and it seems to me like this is going to be the same kind of deal. I probably won't bother getting it. Who knows, though. They might come up with something really cool to do with it. Still, I'm skeptical. I have a feeling it won't work that well.
There was something like this for the N64. I'm not really worried about it not working well; more that I'm just worried that it won't catch on. But I'm not really worried about that, either. Expanded audience will eat it up for a way to better themselves (Brain games, fitness games) and there will be some core games that come out that use it well.

I'm more interested in this than I was the Balance Board, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:13 am
So really, the Vitality Sensor would be used to add more of a reality to games, right? So, if I had the sensor and Resident Evil, both would make me s**t bricks before I even get to the boss.  

MaverickDrifter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:43 am
digi734
So really, the Vitality Sensor would be used to add more of a reality to games, right? So, if I had the sensor and Resident Evil, both would make me s**t bricks before I even get to the boss.
You've got to think of the drawback of not being able to use a nunchuk, though.

The real interesting part (for me, at least) is that it measures stuff that you have little to no control over. In a way, you won't play the games. The games will play you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 am
Meta_Fish
digi734

The real interesting part (for me, at least) is that it measures stuff that you have little to no control over. In a way, you won't play the games. The games will play you.
Well maybe it can have a wireless counterpart that also lets you use the Nunchuck.

And now that I Think about, RE plus Wii Vitality Sensor won't make you s**t bricks. It'll make you shite a 5-foot tall brick WALL  

MaverickDrifter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:49 am
digi734
Meta_Fish
digi734

Well maybe it can have a wireless counterpart that also lets you use the Nunchuck.

And now that I Think about, RE plus Wii Vitality Sensor won't make you s**t bricks. It'll make you shite a 5-foot tall brick WALL
That would just require yet another adapter or another nunchuk, so I don't really see that happening.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:03 pm
Meta_Fish
digi734
Meta_Fish
digi734

That would just require yet another adapter or another nunchuk, so I don't really see that happening.
Well since most of the Wii consists of wireless, this would happen in about 2-4 years tops.  

MaverickDrifter

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces