Need some knowledge about DB series just ask. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

billgoku
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 pm
Curse of the Blood Rubies was not before the first episode of "Dragonball". It is actually a adaptation of the first dozen or so episodes, where Goku meets everyone. Emperor Pilaf was replaced with King Gourmeth as the main antagonist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 am
Ain't the sleeping princess an adaptation too?
I think there's where Goku meets Krillin and Launch (is it wrong spelled? I think so sweatdrop ). And I don't remember quite well, but I think he also meets Yamcha there (wrong spelling again, right? xp ). And there's also a vampire that wants to kill Bullma.

That or I'm mixing two or three different movies... My memory ain't great...  

K_Krly

Eloquent Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

S0N G0TEN

4,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:31 pm
billgoku
Curse of the Blood Rubies was not before the first episode of "Dragonball". It is actually a adaptation of the first dozen or so episodes, where Goku meets everyone. Emperor Pilaf was replaced with King Gourmeth as the main antagonist.

Yes that is correct, but when it comes to any of the movies I wasn’t quit sure myself at the time because I also sow to many thing's that already happened or didn’t happen yet, so I just went by what everyone considered it would be “As for the DragonBall movies they where off pretty bad I would say they just wonted to get it started off in a better sense of the story”. See none of the movies actually have a specific time line with the stories like a continuation only a consideration of before and after particular parts in the stories; like World's Strongest - Dr. Wheelo after Raditz but before Nappa and Vegeta/Saiyan Saga.
Understand?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 pm
K_Krly
Ain't the sleeping princess an adaptation too?
I think there's where Goku meets Krillin and Launch (is it wrong spelled? I think so sweatdrop ). And I don't remember quite well, but I think he also meets Yamcha there (wrong spelling again, right? xp ). And there's also a vampire that wants to kill Bullma.

That or I'm mixing two or three different movies... My memory ain't great...

The sleeping princess is yes and no, it is actually a retelling of how Krillin and Goku met and came to train under Master Roshi.

As for the spelling Krillin, and Yamcha is right, Launch not sure and Bullma I think is Ballma. But that’s better then what I usually do.lol

As far as how the story went can’t really remember.

S0N G0TEN

4,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

K_Krly

Eloquent Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 pm
Nah, the name it's Bulma. With "U" and only 1 "L"
It's on her shirt --->User Image
And her hat --->User Image

Did you also noticed that the hair on the first one is violet and in the second one is sky blue? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:09 pm
Krillan is correct yes, though there are different spellings, though Japanese there are no L's so its all replaced with r's. Launch is spelt correctly, but again here still, different spellings abound. There's at least to my knowledge 5 different ways that Goku is spelt.  

billgoku
Vice Captain

K_Krly

Eloquent Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:15 pm
billgoku
Krillan is correct yes, though there are different spellings, though Japanese there are no L's so its all replaced with r's. Launch is spelt correctly, but again here still, different spellings abound. There's at least to my knowledge 5 different ways that Goku is spelt.

5??? Wow, I only knew 2: Goku and Gokou (I think the second is the japanesse one because the "U" is almost mute by itself, so they use the "O" to make the "U" sound)
How are the other 3? I'm curious biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:01 pm
K_Krly
Nah, the name it's Bulma. With "U" and only 1 "L"
It's on her shirt --->User Image
And her hat --->User Image

Did you also noticed that the hair on the first one is violet and in the second one is sky blue? xd

Ok I really couldn't remember for the episodes I have been watching she hasn't warn anything that has her name on it.

Yea I did and at first it really mest me up because I thought I was watching the wrong one so I checked around quite a lot of places and it was ok.

S0N G0TEN

4,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

FML2010suckss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:34 am

I own all the Movies and all the seasons of DBZ and DBGT.
I also own all the Manga of DB and DBZ!! heart

What I would really like is for the DB seasons to come out on DVD!
Unless someone knows about a site I can find them on?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:50 am
xkAyxkAyx

I own all the Movies and all the seasons of DBZ and DBGT.
I also own all the Manga of DB and DBZ!! heart

What I would really like is for the DB seasons to come out on DVD!
Unless someone knows about a site I can find them on?

I plan to download all of the DB, DBZ, DBGT and the movie's after I finish the rest of the GT, right now I have 20 episode's left and the last movie.

I have never looked at the Manga of them.

Yes I do in fact I have watched all of them including the movie's from this site up to where I'm now and it also sad I can download them with high quality.
Here is the site
http://www.watch-dragonball.com
Now there are a faw episode's that didn't work too wall and when this happen's I go to this other site that always has it but its only good for one episode at a time for if you wont to watch them all from it its a headach.
Here is the other site.
http://www.megavideo.com/

S0N G0TEN

4,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Super-Buu girl

6,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:48 am
dude have you ever notised the drawing style of DBZ over the seasons and the music surprised ? I've watched season 9 and season 1 and omg i've notised a HUUUUUGE difference in the way they drew the charracters! Season 1 was mostly like the book in how they drew the people but season 9 well... i cant say the same for gonk ... season 1 in my mind had cooler fights as in the drawing styles and more exciting angles than as is season 9 xp . But come On people! Please tell me im not just seeing things, that im going crazy burning_eyes ! lol watch it and compair, im telling you, theres a BIIG difference to be seen! wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:06 am
Super-Buu girl
dude have you ever notised the drawing style of DBZ over the seasons and the music surprised ? I've watched season 9 and season 1 and omg i've notised a HUUUUUGE difference in the way they drew the charracters! Season 1 was mostly like the book in how they drew the people but season 9 well... i cant say the same for gonk ... season 1 in my mind had cooler fights as in the drawing styles and more exciting angles than as is season 9 xp . But come On people! Please tell me im not just seeing things, that im going crazy burning_eyes ! lol watch it and compair, im telling you, theres a BIIG difference to be seen! wahmbulance

Wall for one thing there is a huge difference between the GT and all the rest not because it's newer but the original creater of the DragonBall series quite making them at the end of DBZ and someone else took it over with the maker's permission of course.

S0N G0TEN

4,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Super-Buu girl

6,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:33 am
WTH?? Why would he quit?! Better question yet, why would someone Else take over .-.? I mean come ON! You don't Just let the writter quit and then continue the work or it'll just end up like a giant glob of total failure like the movie Twilight did... you Just Don't Do That scream !! lol yeah but I agree DBGT is different for one the beginning title seane they destroyed it by putting rap music insted of regular or rock music with no words 3nodding ! Ugh! *falls on knees* WHY DID YOU HAVE TO QUIT WRITTER AKIRA TORIYAMA??? gonk *sobs* lol :XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:45 pm
Super-Buu girl
WTH?? Why would he quit?! Better question yet, why would someone Else take over .-.? I mean come ON! You don't Just let the writter quit and then continue the work or it'll just end up like a giant glob of total failure like the movie Twilight did... you Just Don't Do That scream !! lol yeah but I agree DBGT is different for one the beginning title seane they destroyed it by putting rap music insted of regular or rock music with no words 3nodding ! Ugh! *falls on knees* WHY DID YOU HAVE TO QUIT WRITTER AKIRA TORIYAMA??? gonk *sobs* lol :XD

Yes I do admit it was not the same when the creater quit but at lest they did concluded the series with the season's and movies with the GT.

S0N G0TEN

4,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
The Saiyan Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items