Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demo Play...
  Okay
  No way
View Results

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 am
People who don't want to waste time trying to beat a level don't have to now. People who do want to still can.

There is no problem here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:45 am
Waynebrizzle
People who don't want to waste time trying to beat a level don't have to now. People who do want to still can.

But Wayne, I've never had a problem beating anything in any video game. Ever. I am the god(dess) of video games. Look at my massive tits achievements. If you can't beat a Mario game then you should just ******** slit your throat and watch your blood spill onto the controllers and cry as you die because you're a ******** failure and you'll never amount to anything.

In short, this idea is terrible and it will give me cancer-aids, so it should not be implemented in the future.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:49 pm
It would only work if they work on making games harder.

That said, on Gamepro, there's a serious lack of mods.

"i love madwold because is so cool,super violent, and there's blood everywhere and is awwwwsoooooomeeeeeeeee..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle

But Wayne, I've never had a problem beating anything in any video game. Ever. I am the god(dess) of video games. Look at my massive tits achievements. If you can't beat a Mario game then you should just ******** slit your throat and watch your blood spill onto the controllers and cry as you die because you're a ******** failure and you'll never amount to anything.

In short, this idea is terrible and it will give me cancer-aids, so it should not be implemented in the future.

Pretty much.

Thank you for agreeing with me and complimenting me on my tit size.

Buddha_Cat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:53 pm
Buddha_Cat
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle

Pretty much.

Thank you for agreeing with me and complimenting me on my tit size.
I hope you get cancer-aids. mad  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:35 pm
Anybody who doesn't support this hates difficult Nintendo games. This is how we are going to get the new demographics lured in by some of these casual titles to at least try more difficult titles. If they don't do this they are going to have to keep the groups separated and the core/casual divide will get bigger and bigger.

People who don't like difficult games because they think they can't figure them out will at least give it a chance with this new system and it might help them learn. Thus they will move into playing more core games, and then maybe, just maybe, the sales of those game will go up, not only pumping some new life into Nintendo, but to the entire industry.

This brings down the learning curve and can only be good for gaming. The games can still be hard as ********, but now grandma can set the part that you are shitting yourself to on autopilot so she doesn't feel intimidated.

EDIT: Play the developer's commentary version of Portal. They spent so much time making sure testers didn't get frustrated. They talk about all of the revisions they had to make for people so they didn't just give up forever. Not everybody is dedicated.  

Owwin

gutterball29

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:01 pm
NO! I don't like this concept at all but i love Nintendo as is. I think Demo Play removes a large aspect of gaming and i really wish future titles wouldn't be implemented with this feature.

Yeh sure, we may all find some part of a game frustrating or a bit tedious, but that also adds to the overall difficult of the game. Usually these parts are the ones people talk about most, "YEH MAN, i was looking around the room 4 liek a whole hour, just about to give up when..... BAM!!!! HOOKSHOT SPOT TOP LEFT!!11! cool "

The sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from completing a seemingly impossible puzzle or level is one of the most significant aspects of gaming culture. While this 'Demo Play' may be optional, it's also tempting as hell and sounds like it'd be easily accesible. I personally think gaming has taught me a lot of life lessons, just one of these being persistence. If I couldn't beat something, I would go back and try again, and keep trying until i could beat it. And with that victory, a rush of excitement and achievement would wash over me aswell.

Demo Play is primarily aimed at younger gamers, but what kind of message are we sending these kids if we encourage them to let someone/something else do it for them if they find it a bit hard. IF THINGS GET TOUGH, GIVE UP AND LET THE COMPUTER DO IT FOR YOU??!
NO! With this kind of attitude we're gonna make every small child into a p***y gamer!! The kind that burst out in tears if they see a GAME OVER screen, society needs to man up and stop giving sissy solutions to all earth's problems! Sometimes we need to learn from our mistakes, we need to learn how to do things better for the next time and not resort to some crazy technological advancement that would avoid the mistake in the first place.

When these kids are out playing soccer on the school oval and they're down by 3 goals with 15 mins to go, there's no com to take over then!! scream
When they're trying to rapidly hide a whole bunch of clothes and mess under their bed before their mum comes in, there's no com to take over then!! scream
When they're being chased by a 46yr old ***** down an abandoned street when walking back from the milk bar, there's no com to take over then!! scream

In conclusion Demo Play is ghey.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:08 am
Waynebrizzle

DER. P.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

melikefood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:19 am
gutterbal29
Demo Play is primarily aimed at younger gamers, but what kind of message are we sending these kids if we encourage them to let someone/something else do it for them if they find it a bit hard. IF THINGS GET TOUGH, GIVE UP AND LET THE COMPUTER DO IT FOR YOU??!
OH DEAR LORD, I'M PLAYING A LAZY SIMULATOR!
If children think that's how the world works, then that's their fault.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:33 am
We are sending the right message to kids if we tell them that somebody else can do their job, because they can. Children should be taught from an early age that they are unique, but expendable. Everybody is expendable and can be replaced by a machine that can do it better.  

Owwin

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:37 am
This defeats the idea of gaming. Lets face it, the only reason most of you are not throwing a fit when you hear this is because you can't do anything about it.

Now lets hear it. How many of you think Miyamoto is trying too hard to attract new customers? I'm telling you, sometimes I just feel like buying a ticket to Kyoto so I can slap him in the face.

I don't care though. He's still my role model.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:37 pm
tnuki vaati
This defeats the idea of gaming. Lets face it, the only reason most of you are not throwing a fit when you hear this is because you can't do anything about it.

Now lets hear it. How many of you think Miyamoto is trying too hard to attract new customers? I'm telling you, sometimes I just feel like buying a ticket to Kyoto so I can slap him in the face.

I don't care though. He's still my role model.
It doesn't defeat the idea of gaming. The whole point of playing video games is to have a hobby where you can let off steam and enjoy yourself. If you're stuck in a really challenging and frustrating part of a game, the chances of that happening are pretty low.

I don't see how he's trying to hard to attract new customers. The only reason that anyone would be against this is because they're a stuck-up, self-proclaimed "oldfag" of gaming and they're whining about new people playing video games.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:24 pm
Meta_Fish
It doesn't defeat the idea of gaming. The whole point of playing video games is to have a hobby where you can let off steam and enjoy yourself. If you're stuck in a really challenging and frustrating part of a game, the chances of that happening are pretty low.

I don't see how he's trying to hard to attract new customers. The only reason that anyone would be against this is because they're a stuck-up, self-proclaimed "oldfag" of gaming and they're whining about new people playing video games.
Dingdingdingding. We have a winner. Hating on something that can only help the industry is counterproductive. They can make games easier, or they can use this to make hard games more accessible. I would rather play a game with a feature I can ignore than play a shitty game that has piss poor excuses for puzzles.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:09 pm
Demo play gives developers an incentive to make harder games. I thought that's what hardcore gamers wanted.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas