Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Thanks for the Jesus References, Takeuchi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 pm
salior moon is kinda like jesus. she died to save her friends, then she came back from the dead in some way.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

*reads last few posts* Wow, this got bad quick.

I don't know what you're into or not into, if you're spiritual or not Lolitapop, but I can say that it was a bit brash of you to say that Nichi is going to Hell for expressing what she happened to analyze of the post.

I also want to say that it's not only SM that has spiritual/religious undertones; but that's something for another day

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:42 pm
Actually it's not a sin to "bash" your neighbor. In fact rebuking people is encouraged in the bible and need I point out that you repeatedly said that you were opposed to the Christian references and even said that it "ruined" it.

While there are references to many religions through out the series you specifically took objection to and singled out Christianity. Also the fact that you just condemned me to hell (which is a sin) and tried to accuse me of sinning by calling you out on your obviously biased objections (which isn't a sin) proves that you aren't a Christian.

I didn't say anything for the purpose of being smart. I was bringing to your attention the offensive nature of your post. I'm a Christian and I don't go around complaining about Halloween or references to religions outside my own in entertainment or literature. You were the one who had to start a post about how you didn't like Jesus and Christian references in Sailor Moon. Don't start a post complaining about how you don't like being exposed to Christianity in you anime or art and expect to not be called out by at least a few members of the Christian religion who you just insulted.

And before you go and try to say that "It's not personal" you should know that people take their religious beliefs very personally. It is the code of ethics that they live their lives by and that inspires them to try to be the best person they can be.

Further more, just as you have the right to disagree with a religious philosophy others have the right to agree with it and defend it. Artists have the right to take inspiration from any religion they want. For all you know, Naoko Takeuchi is a Christian and you just insulted her choice of including that aspect of her life in the art for the manga. Perhaps the writer of the episode you mentioned is a Christian but his work prevents him from attending Church or observing certain religious traditions so he incorporates his religion in his writing as a way to compensate. Did you think about any of these possibilities before you decided to create a post entitled "Thanks for the Jesus reference, Takeuchi" which was obviously sarcastic and therefor condemning the creator of the anime that we are all in this guild because we enjoy her work?

You know what you said was wrong because as more people posted disagreeing with you, you tried to retract your initial statement about the references ruining the anime. If you were really so justified and righteous in your statements you wouldn't have posted the attempted retraction.

And this thread isn't locked. you may have started the thread but until admin locks it, any member of the guild is free to post in it and keep the topic alive.

Instead of telling me I'll go to hell, it would be classier of you to just admit that you were wrong to single out a specific religion out of the many present in the show and appologize for offending anyone. It could sound something like:

"While I will never agree with Christianity as a choice for my own life; I just wanted to apologize for offending those members of the guild who do choose that religion as their own. " or something to that effect. Yeah. that would definitely be classier than telling me to go to hell.

Venombabe: Thank you very much for defending me. Especially when she told me to go to hell. It means a lot to me.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff