Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
Have you ever gotten told your not a Hippie? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:37 pm
misfit baby
iWoodstock
I've never had that problem, people usually accept me for who I am. I am commonly asked if I am a hippie. There really aren't any restrictions or rules to be a hippie, the most important thing is to be yourself.

^ Just what I was going to say.
There are no points into being a hippie, you don't need to do anything certain as you have listed.
Well, the important thing is to be happy I'd say. Kinda hard to be a negative hippie xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:22 pm
I don't really think it is possible to be a negative Hippie, lol. And as I said before guys, "Beleive what you are is who you are, because that's all that matters."  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

HippieKrowly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:29 am
noone ever said im not a hippie i always was and salways will be i get asked alot if i am tho and important thing is just to be urself it dnt mattter if someone says ur not a hippie they dnt know u only u and ur ur friends know u  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:22 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
I don't really think it is possible to be a negative Hippie, lol. And as I said before guys, "Beleive what you are is who you are, because that's all that matters."
Well, I guess I do have some attributes that could be portrayed as negative. When peaceful means fail, you got to stand up to the man!  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Psychedelic Pyscho

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 pm
Nope I can't say I have encountered this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Not too many hippie posers. lol
That's what is great about the style, mindset and beliefs.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

HippieKrowly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:26 pm
yup  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:18 am
And who would pose as a Hippie since most people in this day and age hate Hippies? I think they only hate us because we actually don't care what people think and we spread what most people are afraid to do.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dust.And.Echoes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:35 am

Its funny, my mom was a hippie...minus the drugs. She was born in 60, and literally grew up in the era and movement. I think she said by the time she went to kindergarten, she knew she wanted to be involved in the movement. She had some fun with the disco era, but stuck mainly to her hippie roots. My father was a hippie, and a drug user....despised the disco era. My step father helped build the stage at Woodstock, but was also never a drug user...never even has had alcohol.

My mom has always called me a "flower child" she said when I was little, I'd sit in the front lawn with dandelions, trying to make head bands and jewelry. I was raised listening to the music, and in the environment.

I have had a few people tell me that because I'm a southerner, that I can't be a hippie. And because my husband owns a gun, I'm not a hippie. Because, my husband wants to be a cop, I'm not a hippie. I find all of those statements to be quite untrue. I find a lot of southerners, grow their own food...and mind their own business. I find that living in a large city, and bad neighbor hood, protecting my family is important. While I disagree with government, my husband has a desire to help his community...and that is the way he wants to help, is by keeping people safe. I don't agree with everything law enforcement does, and I don't agree with everything a person does...but it is not my place to judge their intent, and I know my husband has the best of intentions.

So yes...I am still a hippie despite what others say, and my mom still calls me her flower child...so I don't care.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:01 am
Dust.And.Echoes.

Its funny, my mom was a hippie...minus the drugs. She was born in 60, and literally grew up in the era and movement. I think she said by the time she went to kindergarten, she knew she wanted to be involved in the movement. She had some fun with the disco era, but stuck mainly to her hippie roots. My father was a hippie, and a drug user....despised the disco era. My step father helped build the stage at Woodstock, but was also never a drug user...never even has had alcohol.

My mom has always called me a "flower child" she said when I was little, I'd sit in the front lawn with dandelions, trying to make head bands and jewelry. I was raised listening to the music, and in the environment.

I have had a few people tell me that because I'm a southerner, that I can't be a hippie. And because my husband owns a gun, I'm not a hippie. Because, my husband wants to be a cop, I'm not a hippie. I find all of those statements to be quite untrue. I find a lot of southerners, grow their own food...and mind their own business. I find that living in a large city, and bad neighbor hood, protecting my family is important. While I disagree with government, my husband has a desire to help his community...and that is the way he wants to help, is by keeping people safe. I don't agree with everything law enforcement does, and I don't agree with everything a person does...but it is not my place to judge their intent, and I know my husband has the best of intentions.

So yes...I am still a hippie despite what others say, and my mom still calls me her flower child...so I don't care.

User Image

I'm a Southerner too. Myabe that is one reason people say I'm not a Hippie. And it's true, most people in the South, especially The Carolinas and Gerogia, usually mind there own business and are probably some of the friendliest people on Earth. The only time you really see Southerners from those places I said being really active, is usually when family is around. And I am sure Dust knows, aswell as I, Family is probably the number one thing to Southerners above all.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

capn crunk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:54 am
I dunno. I find it really hard to consider many people 'hippies' because the definition has changed so much over the years. It used to be about the music, the politics, the revolution, and all that jazz. Today it's more about hedonism and drugs. I mean music can still play a big role, as well as clothing, but today's hippies care more about having a good time as opposed to making a difference. To me it seems like the term 'hippie' should be dropped and a new label should be adopted. I don't really support labels, but if one is going to be given then 'hippie' is a hard one to pin.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:08 pm
Well most peoples in this Guild are actually Hippies. The type that was in the 60s' and 70s' is the type we are even though we weren't alive then although I'm sure everyone here feels as if they were.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

HippieKrowly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:16 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
And who would pose as a Hippie since most people in this day and age hate Hippies? I think they only hate us because we actually don't care what people think and we spread what most people are afraid to do.

so true man  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:05 am
HippieLoverr
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

so true man
Well, atleast none of us followed the scene/emo mindset. We are the complete opposite, the anti-emo. rofl

It's sad people hate us, that's such a strong emotion. But don't let that get you down, any of you! We are strong, and together we can't be broken. We carry on the spirit of peace, love and music. One day, people will understand us better, and with open arms I welcome them to join us. Though it is unlikely, just imagine a world full of peace and love.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 am
Yeah. I have came to a conclusion of why people hate us. They don't know how to express their beleifs like we do and we don't care about what people think of us right? I bet they do which is why they hate us. Because we aren't afraid to express stuff they want to, but can't.

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace."-John Lennon  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces