Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Healthcare Reform Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:24 am
I think Obama is pretty near the end of his leash. He barely squeaked cap and trade through the House, and it will die by filibuster in the Senate. He doubled down on the stimulus with near unanimous Republican opposition in the Senate and absolute unanimous opposition from Republicans in the House (I argued in the blogosphere that we should do precisely this, give the Democrats the stimulus, just don't vote for it). That has failed, and it is taking its toll. Rasmussen daily tracking has his approval index (those who strongly approve of him minus those who strongly disapprove) at a -8, and his overall approval at only 51%:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

His election and light touch foreign policy was supposed to reap dividends, instead he bungled his handling of Iran, has allied with Hugo Chavez and Raoul Castro over Honduras, has seen a greatly emboldened North Korea that he seems to have little to no plan to confront, and has failed to achieve any sort of cooperation from France and Germany on economic recovery.

In short, he's overreached, overspent, and significant portions of his own party simply can't go along with him on much more. He's about to be reined in.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:38 pm
I think health care is fine
and should be left alone
the govermenat has no right
to tocuh my health caree!  

xxTyeTye

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:55 am
xxTyeTye
I think health care is fine
and should be left alone
the govermenat has no right
to tocuh my health caree!

In case you didn't read the article, they're not touching your healthcare...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:16 pm
The main issue with health care is that the prices to see your doctor and that you pay for insurance premiums is way to expensive. In Minnesota where I'm at every company has to supply Health Insurance so, if your working you can get it. I actually wrote a small essay for class about this last week.  

Pumona

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces