Chrono, Zelda, Or The World Ends WIth You? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:15 pm
I say TWEWY. As fun as PH was with the touch screen implement, its still the same tired old formula. TWEWY is a completely NEW experience and its really very fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
ravemast
Waynebrizzle
You won't go wrong with any of them, but Chrono Trigger is super old and should be an 8 dollar VC game instead of a fully priced DS game.

Yeah, I checked the price on gamestop's website and it said the game is now $20.

That's not too bad. I still think you'd be better off playing a game actually made for the DS though.

They added a ton of new stuff, though. First of all, they completely redid the translation, and although I miss the old translation, it seems better. They also added the anime cut-scenes from the Playstation version and threw in some kinda monster-training multiplayer thing I haven't tried yet as well as a HUGE new story dungeon thing. I'm also pretty sure there's a new ending. Now, I might be a bit biased as the original is my FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIIIIME but you can't go wrong with Chrono Trigger if you like JRPGs, or even just games with crazy epic stories.

TWEWY and PH are both great. You should just get them all xD  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:50 pm
[Kegan]
ravemast
[Kegan]
Haven't played the other two(Crucify me for this, please.)

But Zelda is a bit short. It's really fun, though.

xD I heard the story can last about 15 hours and side quests add another 5. So it seems long enough for me. Although what's this about the Wi-Fi feature in the game?
People are total assholes on wi-fi. People only get to high ranks by dropping out of games they're losing... I can't find anyone worth playing, because I can't find enough non assholes to get a better rank.

I have, though, also seen people who seem to hack or glitch to jump large portions of the screen, so I drop out of those games.

So, unless you can find enough friends who are willing to play the game with you, you're not gonna find a TON of good in the multi-player. It was definitely something that added a few hours onto the experience for me, though.

Worse yet, I faced a guy who hacked it to where his Link was invulnerable to my Phantoms' attacks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:09 pm
misternitsua
[Kegan]
ravemast
[Kegan]
Haven't played the other two(Crucify me for this, please.)

But Zelda is a bit short. It's really fun, though.

xD I heard the story can last about 15 hours and side quests add another 5. So it seems long enough for me. Although what's this about the Wi-Fi feature in the game?
People are total assholes on wi-fi. People only get to high ranks by dropping out of games they're losing... I can't find anyone worth playing, because I can't find enough non assholes to get a better rank.

I have, though, also seen people who seem to hack or glitch to jump large portions of the screen, so I drop out of those games.

So, unless you can find enough friends who are willing to play the game with you, you're not gonna find a TON of good in the multi-player. It was definitely something that added a few hours onto the experience for me, though.

Worse yet, I faced a guy who hacked it to where his Link was invulnerable to my Phantoms' attacks.
Sure he didn't just have a shield?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:21 pm
The World Ends With You if you don't get this game!!!!!

Chrono Trigger was okay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:45 pm
TWEWY  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 am
TWEWY, no questions ask. It'l make you laugh, cry, and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:21 am
TWEWY is a fresh, new experience, with spoilers and punches and awesome gameplay.

Chrono Trigger is longer, but it was new and innovative...14 years ago. >_>

I didn't like it.  

Delta Machine

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:52 pm
TWEWY for sure. loved the story and gameplay and has plenty to do after the main game (which can involve some multiplayer fun but very little). I heard good things about Chrono Trigger but never played it so I can't really say on it (DBZ-esque artwork was a turn off for me though).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 pm
I'd say Phantom Hourglass. I've played both TWEWY, and hated it. Really, it depends on your taste of culture. If you like anime and RPG's, then you'll probably like TWEWY's annoying-as-hell amount of genericness that seems to come packaged with every Square Enix game.

What I can't STAND is the combat. Now, the only reason I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was the combat system. I almost broke my stylus I was so frustrated with the combat system in TWEWY. Why people enjoy this game completely escapes me.

Uh... yeah. Get Phantom Hourglass.  

Nozama

Nayumi-kuru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 am
well I haven't read anything of chrono, so I say The Legend of Zelda or The World Ends With You.
The Legend of Zelda is really short, but it's pretty fun to play I really enjoyed of the game and would have liked to be able to play it more ;_;.
The World Ends With You is fun too and I really liked the story, ahm, about the battle system I can't really say anything bad because I really enjoyed it xD (likes frustrating things, well it's not that frustrating but just sometimes it is).
I really depends of what game you are searching for razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 am
TWEWY is good for anime/manga fans, it's a fun game with an original system. Given the combat system can get annoying, cause you have to control both characters at once.. but I kind of like it. It has an awesome ending too.

For phantom hourglass, it's a great game, kind of short and no overworld map which is kind of one of my pet peeves. But if your willing to get past that the only other thing that bothers me is the combat system. Sure drawing lines on the touchscreen is creative but it's so damm sensitive. It took me fifty tries in the last boss fight to draw that damm hourglass.. It would've been much better if I could've pressed a button to activate the hourglass but no I HAD TO DRAW IT.. haha ds have touch screen, nintendo exploit it as much as possible.

As for chrono trigger, well it's a classic and the artwork is kind of dbz looking but it's still a great game.  

ilinkzeldi

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 am
I just got TWEWY, and I'm hooked. The only reason I am not playing it right now is because I played my DSi to death last night and I can't find my charger  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:25 am
idk. I've never played any of the three because I don't have a DS sweatdrop  

MaverickDrifter

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 pm
ilinkzeldi
TWEWY is good for anime/manga fans, it's a fun game with an original system. Given the combat system can get annoying, cause you have to control both characters at once.. but I kind of like it. It has an awesome ending too.

For phantom hourglass, it's a great game, kind of short and no overworld map which is kind of one of my pet peeves. But if your willing to get past that the only other thing that bothers me is the combat system. Sure drawing lines on the touchscreen is creative but it's so damm sensitive. It took me fifty tries in the last boss fight to draw that damm hourglass.. It would've been much better if I could've pressed a button to activate the hourglass but no I HAD TO DRAW IT.. haha ds have touch screen, nintendo exploit it as much as possible.

As for chrono trigger, well it's a classic and the artwork is kind of dbz looking but it's still a great game.

Lol, I just press left/right over and over and down every couple of seconds.
For Twewy I recommend a screen preotector...no seriously, I got one and its scratched to the point that I dont recognize the screen in daylight. Thank Gawd for the Screen Protector.

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff