Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Subscription Fees: Coming to a Wii Near You?(First post edit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:42 pm
The Rawk Hawk
If the game was free-to-go-online, I'm sure they would reach a LOT of players.

Only for that Pay-To-Play, some people will not buy the game.
WoW is evidence that there are definitely enough people willing to throw money away to support a thriving online community.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:43 pm
Owwin
The Rawk Hawk

It is a great game to play offline too though. You only have to pay for online if you want it, and Monster Hunter is more than worth it. The combat destroys Zelda's combat.
Let's not get carried away, now.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:12 pm
I'm not TOO keen on the idea of a pay-to-play Wii title, but if the action is good enough, I don't really see a problem with it.

(And btw, Zelda combat pwns.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:16 pm
I could be convinced to play if it has Wii Speak.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:54 pm
[Kegan]
The Rawk Hawk

WoW is evidence that there are definitely enough people willing to throw money away to support a thriving online community.

Yeah, I know...
That's why I said some.

But there will always be some people who will not buy it because of that.
It doesn't mean EVERYBODY will reject it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:00 pm
[Kegan]
Owwin
The Rawk Hawk

It is a great game to play offline too though. You only have to pay for online if you want it, and Monster Hunter is more than worth it. The combat destroys Zelda's combat.
Let's not get carried away, now.
You have to mean lack of, right?

ahurrhur sword goes swish swish *mash B*

It's not the worst, but a better example could've been used.

If this game comes to use Europanese, then I'll give it a go. A lack of a one year payment saddens me though.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:24 pm
auS-e-Dude
You have to mean lack of, right?

ahurrhur sword goes swish swish *mash B*

It's not the worst, but a better example could've been used.

If this game comes to use Europanese, then I'll give it a go. A lack of a one year payment saddens me though.
In Zelda's defense you can perform stabs, spin and jump attacks and in recent games more attacks like the back roll, helm splitter and shield bash, but yes. Combat isn't just the number of attacks, but how the enemy reacts to hits, difficulty, etc. Almost every fight later in the game is a boss fight in itself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:55 pm
If it's good, I'm paying for it. 20 bucks Quarter Annually isn't that bad.
If it isn't I won't buy it.  

melikefood

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:01 pm
melikefood
If it's good, I'm paying for it. 20 bucks Quarter Annually isn't that bad.
If it isn't I won't buy it.
I wonder if you can rent it and get that free trial time from a rental. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:26 pm
the free to play servers are probably run by nintendo, and since they have so much money coming into them, they probably sell a share of servers to the 3rd party developers, and maintain the servers for them, monster hunter might be getting thier own servers adn maintaining them themselve so they would have to charge so they can keep it running.

and in this economy, making the next best pay to play MMO is the easiest way to make some extra cash.  

Xilo The Odd

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Owwin
Monster Hunter will still be an amazing game. You don't have to pay for the online either. You can play it offline and it is still a great game. So don't let this turn you away.

This will beat the s**t out of Friend Codes won't it? Aren't you willing to pay a little more so we don't get Brawl's online again?

I look at other online game services and find 20 dollars for three months very reasonable. While I hate the idea of paying Capcom, I am powerless against the monster hunting goodness. It is a real time online adventure game that gives you weekly downloadable missions and new content. A real time online game that isn't a sports, motorsports or shooting game, that sounds pretty good to me.

Also don't wave MMO's at me for real time adventure. How good you are in that depends on leveling and time, not skill. I can go in naked on monster hunter and kill something if I know the hitboxes and get good enough to dodge them. A direct hit to the skull from my hammer won't be recorded as a miss either. Anything that does that is not real time.

-nod- I hate to have nothing to add, but Owwin's right.
There are these people, (did you see them Owwin?) who go in with Bone weapons, and no armor and can take down an Elder Dragon.
It takes skill to play this, because it's your weapons and armor that level up. If you know how to dodge, and you know a wyvern/monster's attack style and movements, you can do it. -nod-
(My only achievement really, was killing the Chameleos on my first try. Well, first and second try because it takes two quests to kill an Elder. >3< )

I'll pay. I also bet that since you have to pay, the wireless will kick a**.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:50 pm
Considering this game looks to be a big step up from their previous games, I'm willing to pay a fee or two. However, I swear to god, if there are friend codes in this game I'm not buying. Capcom, if you are using these fees to run your own servers, they'd better be good.  

Waynebrizzle

RiceyChicken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:54 pm
It's not worth it to pay for wi-fi. It should be free and stay that way. (I hope it stays this way.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 pm
Decision_Maker
It's not worth it to pay for wi-fi. It should be free and stay that way. (I hope it stays this way.)
You're paying for the servers.

It's this, or like, product placement and billboards.

"Okay, so the dragon... bleeds mountain dew gamer fuel!"
"Okay, so in this quest... you hunt a kung-fu panda."
"This macuahuitl is made of Black Pepper Jack Doritos!"  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:00 pm
[Kegan]
Decision_Maker
You're paying for the servers.

It's this, or like, product placement and billboards.

"Okay, so the dragon... bleeds mountain dew gamer fuel!"
"Okay, so in this quest... you hunt a kung-fu panda."
"This macuahuitl is made of Black Pepper Jack Doritos!"

I ******** love those, but I can't ever find them. ********! D<  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items