So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
People who quit JUST before they lose... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever dropped out early during an online game?
  Yes, admittedly
  No, of course not
  Don't remember, honestly
  Yes, but only because the other player was "cheap."
View Results

Andru Noyola

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:52 pm
I agree, its silly to quit just before a game ends only to prevent yourself from losing. Its childish.

But, I don't really like the idea of penalizing leaving a game, because theres many times I have to leave a match early for other reasons.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:57 pm
I understand that there are times when people have to leave early for uncontrollable reasons, so--and this is just an idea--what if the opponent could decide if s/he gets a penalty? Like, if s/he knew the person had to leave, then there would be no "punishment." (I know--this is probably an impossibility, but wouldn't something like that be nice?)  

xenozebrax

Andru Noyola

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:13 pm
Thats actually a pretty good idea. In Halo 3, if someone team-kills, you can decide whether or not they get a penalty, which is handy. If you know it was an accident or something you can choose to forgive them. It would be nice to have a similar feature for people leaving a game.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:16 pm
I'm just throwing my ideas out there, that's all.  

xenozebrax

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 pm
Meta_Fish
Me and my two childhood friends played Super Smash Bros all the time and the one would always reset right before he lost or turn of the system. Then when we didn't want to play with him (because he was a sore loser) he would tell us that it was because we were afraid of getting owned. He did that for many many games.
I had a friend like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:42 pm
My friend. (step nephew?)

Back in Melee, he got good as Falco.

Yet almost everytime we played and I seemed to be winning, he'd accuse the game of cheating, and pull a "NO CONTEST" And he almost wouldn't even play me in Brawl, just because they changed up Falco moveset (for the better, might I add)

Similar results also happen in MK Wii, where he'd start breaking into "gangsta" dialect and getting all over-confident...

Until I wind up getting the gold. I tell him overconfidence can lead to a fall.

And then there was Mario Party. Similar results there.

On another note Grandchase, and its PvP mode.

When you're not the room host, some of the really whiny sorts who do host the room, Actually rageBOOT you from the room, just because you've been kicking their a** repeatedly.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:55 pm
So it seems like Rage quits are the most common. Anyone ever encounter a person who quit, even if they were in the lead, just to be a d***?
I have, then I received a message that said something like: "Lawl little nub can't beat me why should i waist my time on u?" Simply infuriating.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 pm
Setosku Skywalker
So it seems like Rage quits are the most common. Anyone ever encounter a person who quit, even if they were in the lead, just to be a d***?
I have, then I received a message that said something like: "Lawl little nub can't beat me why should i waist my time on u?" Simply infuriating.

Then my good sir, it would seem that HE is the true noob.

Not in terms of how long he's been around, but his asshattery for doing that.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:10 pm
TtheHero
Setosku Skywalker

Then my good sir, it would seem that HE is the true noob.

Not in terms of how long he's been around, but his asshattery for doing that.

Yeah, I just don't get why he did that. I mean, he was gonna win... Seriously.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:40 pm
So another question: does anyone have a good reason as to why they left a game early, other than for Out-of-Game reasons?  

xenozebrax

ravemast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:22 am
I hate when people do this.. It ruins the fun in a game. Especially Metroid prime Hunters when they leave or cheat to win.. It's so annoying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 am
i was on Mariokart online last night, then the door rang... stare

also, i was playing halo 3 with my mate erryn on Co-op Legendary mode, trying to unlock multiplayer outfits and whatnot, we we're on the last part of the last level (the one with the awesome "warthog-vs-30,000-flood-on-an-exploding-planet" bit. well, erryn needed to go do something... not sure what as i was busy driving for my life, so his younger brother Ryan took over as my gunner, then promptly got swarmed off the turret by the flood, so he threw a tantrum and rage-quit, turning the 360 off... (remembering that to unlock the Spartan EOD armour, you have to complete the campaign on legendary in one sitting, dying doesnt count though, so long as you don't quit the campaign) i almost smacked him round the head for that! little git just laughed and ran off, then bragged to us later when we were doing it all again that he had done it deliberatly... as he left the room, his brother then tripped him though, so i got some satisfaction from it. ugh, it's asshattery to the max...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:53 am
ravemast
I hate when people do this.. It ruins the fun in a game. Especially Metroid prime Hunters when they leave or cheat to win.. It's so annoying.

Have you ever played against one of those purple glowing asses who are invincible and kill you when they touch you? How fair is that?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:59 am
I never ragequitted, but it's frustrating in any 1 vs. 1 game.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

namex

Demonic Hellraiser

9,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:04 am
I don't rage quit very much, but, for some reason, my parents always tell me to do something while I'm playing GH, and when I'm playing COD I always have to quit because of lunch or supper...if I could have it my way, I wouldn't eat (I'm not anorexic).  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff