Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Famous NonReligious People ... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:03 pm
I looked up George Carlin on Youtube. He's hilarious. I wonder why I haven't heard of him before.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:46 pm
Dathu
LimeIzMyFaveColor
dude? Your famous?
oh i also wondered
if i were to supposedly bumped my head on the wall and was like "i want to be on disney" and supposedly these guys found out i was an agnostic atheist ... would they banned me?

User ImageWait, what? Do you mean "Would Disney ban you if they found out you were Atheist? Or do you mean "Would this guild ban you if you were on Disney?" Cause probably both. Just kidding. I'm not sure if Disney is still the ardent Christian company they once were, but I'm sure they'd ask you to keep quiet about it.

Oh yeah, isn't Harry Potter Atheist, the actor I mean?

yeah Daneil Radcliffe is an atheist (he's on the list)
but he's NOT a disney star
haha i meant if Disney would ban me if i was an atheist  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:12 pm
Kyoko364
I looked up George Carlin on Youtube. He's hilarious. I wonder why I haven't heard of him before.

G.C. used to crack me up. I loved his skit about not praying to god, but praying to Joe Pesci. If you can find that skit, I highly suggest you watch it. xd

LimeIzMyFaveColor
Dathu
LimeIzMyFaveColor
dude? Your famous?
oh i also wondered
if i were to supposedly bumped my head on the wall and was like "i want to be on disney" and supposedly these guys found out i was an agnostic atheist ... would they banned me?

User ImageWait, what? Do you mean "Would Disney ban you if they found out you were Atheist? Or do you mean "Would this guild ban you if you were on Disney?" Cause probably both. Just kidding. I'm not sure if Disney is still the ardent Christian company they once were, but I'm sure they'd ask you to keep quiet about it.

question I dunno, maybe. As I said, they're not as hard-core as they used to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they said "You go public about it, and you're threw here."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:51 pm
Dathu
Kyoko364

G.C. used to crack me up. I loved his skit about not praying to god, but praying to Joe Pesci. If you can find that skit, I highly suggest you watch it. xd

LimeIzMyFaveColor
Dathu
LimeIzMyFaveColor
dude? Your famous?
oh i also wondered

question I dunno, maybe. As I said, they're not as hard-core as they used to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they said "You go public about it, and you're threw here."
One of my friends does some acting work for Disney, and she happens to be aethiest. She doesn't think it would be a good idea to tell them, so she just keeps silent about it.

Off topic: I hate Disney. stare  

Henneth Annun

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 pm
Dathu
Kyoko364

That was one of the first vids I found. I loved it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 pm
You guys probably saw this one coming.

Richard Dawkins : Ethologist and evolutionary biologist

He is also an author and his books include...
The Selfish Gene (1976) · The Extended Phenotype (1982) · The Blind Watchmaker (1986) · River out of Eden (1995) · Climbing Mount Improbable (1996) · Unweaving the Rainbow (199 cool · A Devil's Chaplain (2003) · The Ancestor's Tale (2004) · The God Delusion (2006) · The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution (2009)  

Lucifer FonRonsenberg

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 pm
I'm shocked that none of you have said James Randi (The Amazing Randi)

He is founder of the JREF and the million dollar challenge.
I consider him famous and worthy of this list.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:53 pm
My favorite writer and past honorary President of thee American Humanist Association, Kurt Vonnegut.  

imderanged

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 am
I have a bunch of Atheist quotes on my profile. Albert Einstein said: "If people are only good because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."
Sounds like an Atheist to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:14 am
You forgot Thomas Jefferson!

"The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."-Thomas Jefferson  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:27 am
Zac Effron...

I kinda like him more now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm
[-Erik-]
Zac Effron...

Agreed.  

In Search of a Dream

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:43 pm
[-Erik-]
Zac Effron...

because he's agnostic?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:50 pm
XcoldhandsX
You forgot Thomas Jefferson!

"The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."-Thomas Jefferson

this does make him sound like an atheist
i always heard he was deist/christian?
hm ...  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Yevn

Wealthy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:32 pm
Albert Einstein - Theory of relativity
Charles Darwin - Theory of Evolution
Richard Dawkins - writer of The god delusion
Stephen Hawking - Theoretical physicist

I mean common those are off the top of my head.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff