Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheists can't love! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phaeton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:35 pm
As for Atheists being murderous I must put this to a point. Far more people have died in the name of religion than at the hands of Atheism. Remember the Crusades? The Spanish Inquisition? The Blair Witch Hunt? I could go on.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:00 am
Phaeton
As for Atheists being murderous I must put this to a point. Far more people have died in the name of religion than at the hands of Atheism. Remember the Crusades? The Spanish Inquisition? The Blair Witch Hunt? I could go on.
heart  

[Satan]

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:52 pm
What will they think of next.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:30 pm
Love is a natural human emotion..... Ahh, Stupid people.
Now they'll be saying we aren't human.
...Wait....

Oh. Never mind.  

ChocoChan

aravier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:24 pm
Thats...horrible! athiests are not murderous brutes. And now we cant love? *sigh* to mutch religious propoganda for them. Lets give them a dose of reality...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:15 pm
Alot of kids at my school say i'm emotionless and cold. They've also told me that it stands out cus I dont have a girl friend. The onley reason I dont have a GF at school is because all the girls that hit on me are big time Christians so once they find out i'm atheist they dont want to talk to me.  

Zambimaru

Tixmia

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:33 pm
I went to a movie with my sister and her new boyfriend and he kinda made me a little angry... We were talking about how we have done "not nice" things and that's when this popped out of his mouth...

Him:Good thing God loves you...
Me:I'm an atheist
Him:Well its time for you to convert, huh?

About then I wanted to knock him sideways! But, unfortunatly, my sis stopped me...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:20 pm
Hey, don't blame them. Religion is like opium of the masses. it totally clouds one's perception. The kids are prolly way too high on religious ectasy to understand a word they were saying.  

qrx3

Manji_killer of n00bs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:52 pm
s**t, but Bhuddists are atheist....that means my entire belief system is unfounded...

interesting random note: the girl I love (though it be unrequited, argh) is an evangelist (even though they usually scare me). Her family's really into it, they organise nights and things for the church (her mum's South African and her dad's Dutch). She knows I'm an atheist (though bhuddist) but realises that I'm a genuinely caring person.

They're not all bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:26 pm
KiriyamaKazuo
Alot of kids at my school say i'm emotionless and cold. They've also told me that it stands out cus I dont have a girl friend. The onley reason I dont have a GF at school is because all the girls that hit on me are big time Christians so once they find out i'm atheist they dont want to talk to me.

Strange...some people have said the very same things about me.

Of course when you have so much crap going on in ones life, and you'd rather be alone......it is little wonder that others want to get in you're face......how do I put it.

I get the idea that many (insert relevent religion here) out there want to "save" a person, and they don't get the point that some people just don't want to be "saved".

In fact the concept of being saved is what brought the demise of many diverse and rich cultures, and caused the pain and suffering of millions of life.

All so they can "Spread the gospel...spread the word of god!"....at the same time they slaughter and torture those that go against thier foul wind.

I don't get how people insist that a person needs a girl-friend/boy-friend to be normal. That being (Insert Age), while still a virgin is warning that something is amiss.

I don't get how people insist that in order to be normal you have to wear pretty preppy clothing, be a social cat, and dumber than a rock.

Since when does beleiving in a god justify being normal? We don't believe in god, therefore we cannot love?

The reason you are unable to have a girl-friend is not the incapability to love, but their incapability to accept others for thier differences.

It is always this that gets on my nerves about religious followers. They follow the religion, and are ignorent to it's past.

The Nazis were horrible people and they did horrible stuff to people. Just because a thousand years can pass....does that mean that a group can pick out what they percieve to be the non-violent, positive things of the following and start it up again. Is it ok to ignore the past?

You cannot use the "We don't do what they did back then. We are for the good of people, and we help people now." You still cannot throw aside the bloody history and move on...to expect others to bow to you're fake god, and feel insulted when we don't want to listen.

Once again someone rises against thier dark wind...and they have to come up with the most childish ways to fight back. The creation of democracy took away thier biggest weapon. They can no longer torture, punish, maim, or kill the enemy.....so they have to find other means to acheive their ends.

That is why they would make such an unfounded accuasation as "Atheists cannot love"...because they are running out of options.

Sanguvixen

Uchihas Blood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:33 am
Ya... That would be why I don't have a gf either.
i used to go to a school where i was literally the only atheist. I kept it hidden, but they found out and kept trying to convert me. I go to their youth group though, but just to help me defend my beliefs better against their damned attempts to convert me. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:47 pm
Wow, Really? We don't? This is news to me. surprised
I dated a Christian once. He dumped me for my best friend and lied about it.
Who doesn't have feelings now. Apparently he doesn't.
He told me he prayed to god for forgiveness.
I told him. "It's me you should be asking to forgive you. Because god ain't listening."  

Azurea`

subtleessence134

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:00 pm
An odd note, Atheist girls at my school hate me cuz I'm "too nice to tha EVUL CRISTUNS!11!!1" and all of my girlfriends have been Disciples of Christ. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:42 am
Southwest
We can't love?

Oh.

s**t.

News to me.

I can't love, but it is not because of my atheism, it is because of my egoism

The rest of you are safe to continue believing in this imaginary thing called love  

Napoleon_Danneskjold

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces