Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Thought About All the Seasons.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:18 pm
jenfuu
You actually have to look past all that. In each season, beneath the filler stuff of the fighting...there is growth, and some movement to the story. Not every episode, but some of them.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

Of course not every episode will have stuff in it. I didn't say that in the beginning. What I mean is that it seems more like it's only one theme and nothing combined.

Like, in the manga, during what would have been the Dream Saga (Supers), the readers learn about what Nehelenia really was, some of the past of the Moon Kingdom, etc. etc.

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:19 pm
No i understand. what your saying. Often times the anime deviates from the manga a lot. Its funny, you have to read the manga, watch the anime, and see all the musicals to actually get the 100 percent full picture to understand all of sailor moon...

I dont count PGSM. Even though i love PGSM, it is like in its own little Sailor Moon Alternate universe  

jenfuu

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 pm
PGSM kinda makes me shudder...

that being said, I don't really want to look past all that. I hold on to grudges for a long long time. It's kinda my thing.

anyway Sailor Moon classic through R I absolutely fell in love with. I watched it religiously. If for some reason I was unable to watch it, I taped it. I feel betrayed by S and SuperS. They took something I loved and made it almost unrecognizable. I have no love for the later seasons. As much as I would like to, because I love and own the whole manga from Sailor Moon vol 1 to Sailor Stars vol 3- and I loved it all, the anime just totally failed me after R.

It's all well and good to say "Well if you ignore the bad scripting, bad dubbing, superfluous battles and and cheesey, slang filled catch phrases, then it's actually and ok piece of anime... But what is there left for me to watch it, if all that is taken away? Just because all the characters look the same and have a similar personality doesn't leave me with much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:10 pm
NichiTsukinoko
PGSM kinda makes me shudder...

that being said, I don't really want to look past all that. I hold on to grudges for a long long time. It's kinda my thing.

anyway Sailor Moon classic through R I absolutely fell in love with. I watched it religiously. If for some reason I was unable to watch it, I taped it. I feel betrayed by S and SuperS. They took something I loved and made it almost unrecognizable. I have no love for the later seasons. As much as I would like to, because I love and own the whole manga from Sailor Moon vol 1 to Sailor Stars vol 3- and I loved it all, the anime just totally failed me after R.

It's all well and good to say "Well if you ignore the bad scripting, bad dubbing, superfluous battles and and cheesey, slang filled catch phrases, then it's actually and ok piece of anime... But what is there left for me to watch it, if all that is taken away? Just because all the characters look the same and have a similar personality doesn't leave me with much.

I'll be honest...I stopped watching the dub when they turned Michiru and Haruka into cousins...I have only watched the subs since then...  

jenfuu

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:27 pm
Exactly. What Michiru and Haruka had was beautiful. It didn't need to be changed. Yet they did. Why? Marketing! They weren't trying to reach an intelligent teenager or adult market anymore. Maybe they felt they weren't getting that demographic all along. Who knows. But as soon as they decided it had to be a children's cartoon instead of an animated serial...well that's when everything fell apart.

Like I said. I can't watch the Japanese dub. It's too hard for me to follow. Maybe the Japanese dub is better. I couldn't say.

However I think V-Babe and I have been arguing the point that it is the English Dub of the later series that has lost it's way. The dubbing, the lack of story, perhaps those problems aren't there in the Japanese Dub. It is undeniably there in the English Dub though. If that's not a problem for some of the viewers than god bless them! It was their devotion to watching it, even after the fall that kept it on the air as long as it was.

I'm just saying, I think S through Stars deserves something better than what it got. That's all I'm saying.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 am
Well...when you think about it...stars never even made it here...I actually am quite greatful for this. Because stars is my favorite season out of all of them. I shudder to think of what they would have done with Stars had they tried to make it kid friendly...

And the sad thing is...This isnt the only series that american tv has killed...Two examples...Escaflowne...They cut it so much, that it got dropped pretty quick...and Card Captor...Another famous series that they butchered...It makes me very sad to think that someone thinks that they can butcher someone else's work to make it ok to watch by little kids. They totally take the spirit out of it.  

jenfuu

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:49 pm
I just don't think they realized who the real target audience needed to be when they first decided to bring it to the states. Anything animated was automatically got thrown in the catagory "for kids". Then a few people started watching it and said "hey this is too adult for kids. We better fix it." Not having any idea that it wasn't made for little kids, it was made for teens and adults.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:09 am
While NNako Takchi tried her best to "think outside the box" there was only so much that could really be done. Though between all the "killing" as you put it, it slowly very slowly goes into debth about the main characters. The first season, and first half of R offically Season 2, focoused on the love story, and the results one simple wish made. At first season one makes since introducing the characters, and their relationships between one another. The first half of R (allen and an, only created just for the anime itself) goes to show the conquences of making a wish such as what happened at the end of Season one.

Durring the second half of R (chibi-usa) it touches on the fine line, don't mess with time. NNo one should know what their future holds. case in point Chibi-usa. By bringing her in, the soul focous for Usagi, was to ensure that that future she'd seen came to pass no matter what the cost. This is later tested as the seasons progress and she is put through relationship trails with Mamaru. Instilling that the storybook romance everyone thought was between the prince and princess was as it was, simply in the past. Ever notice when things got rough, Usagi would over react and Mamaru would simply roll his eyes?

While the circle seemed to revolve arounnd killing, or the fight not to kill, it really kept the focous on what was first introduced in season one, seeing how far your relationships with your loved ones (this includes friends) can go. And more and more you saw how Usagi seemed to cling to the hope of that set-in-stone future she wanted after learnning Chibi-usa would be her child.

Though durring super S annd Stars, it showed more of Mamaru's ties to Earth and kind.

So to say how it drove away from how it started, not quite true.  

Kayla Tsukinochan

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:32 pm
No, it is quite true. Also the creator of Sailor Moon is Naoko Takeuchi, not Nako Takchi. And I find nothing at fault with her work. I love the Manga. She was excluded from most of the work done with the anime, although she did get to work closely with the team that did Sailor Moon S, Hearts of Ice. That's why its one of the only things that is also in the comic.

In Season one of Sailor Moon it did try to follow some of her work. The Phantom Buss was the introduction of Mars, just like in the Manga, but they did it a little differently. As they got further and further away from the beginning, though, the show did start to deviate heavily and when S came around it took a serious nose dive.

If you like the way S and SuperS turned out, then I am happy for you. Like I said, it's people like you that kept the show on the air for as long as it was. However, I still feel too much licence was taken with the creation of the Anime and that it deserved better. The dub for S and SuperS was terribly done. It was campy and I don't think the script writers or the dubbing company was taking the show very seriously at the time.

I have no problems with violence, but I do require a well written script and an engaging story to go with it. As you can see, some of us feel that one or both were absent from S and SuperS.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:56 pm
NichiTsukinoko
No, it is quite true. Also the creator of Sailor Moon is Naoko Takeuchi, not Nako Takchi. And I find nothing at fault with her work. I love the Manga. She was excluded from most of the work done with the anime, although she did get to work closely with the team that did Sailor Moon S, Hearts of Ice. That's why its one of the only things that is also in the comic.

In Season one of Sailor Moon it did try to follow some of her work. The Phantom Buss was the introduction of Mars, just like in the Manga, but they did it a little differently. As they got further and further away from the beginning, though, the show did start to deviate heavily and when S came around it took a serious nose dive.

==========

I dunno about S and Supers, but I do know that Naoko got to work with the crew with the R season. And the whole Ann/Allen thing was just there because someone on the crew said they needed something as Naoko and the others caught up anime to manga.

So I read in one of the volumes of manga anyway

==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:52 pm
Venombabe
NichiTsukinoko

==========

I dunno about S and Supers, but I do know that Naoko got to work with the crew with the R season. And the whole Ann/Allen thing was just there because someone on the crew said they needed something as Naoko and the others caught up anime to manga.

==========

Well if she got to work with the crew of R then that is probably one of the reasons I liked R so much. I do know that they needed something to keep the show going while she was working because the show aired weekly and I don't think she was pumping out the manga that quickly. plus the manga is relatively short compared to the tv series.

I had heard that she didn't have as much say with the later seasons and she was really excited to get to be involved in the S movie because she got to work so closely with the team that made it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:06 pm
NichiTsukinoko
Venombabe
NichiTsukinoko

==========

==========

Well if she got to work with the crew of R then that is probably one of the reasons I liked R so much. I do know that they needed something to keep the show going while she was working because the show aired weekly and I don't think she was pumping out the manga that quickly. plus the manga is relatively short compared to the tv series.

I had heard that she didn't have as much say with the later seasons and she was really excited to get to be involved in the S movie because she got to work so closely with the team that made it.

==========

Like I said, I dunno about the later seasons, but she was excited about the S movie. In the manga that it's based on, she talks about all the stuff that was based on real life objects she either had collected or seen. There are pics and stuff she put in the volume, but I'm sure you've seen them

==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:16 pm
I did actually. I kinda got a kick out of the things she got inspiration from. I guess it's true what they say. Inspiration can come from any ordinary thing as long as you are looking for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:29 pm

==========

True

Anyway, there was another thought about the seasons I had. Ever notice that in every single season (or in the case of R, the two divided sections of Ann/Allen and the Negamoon) someone dies while another reforms? There's NEVER a season where it's total death, compared to the manga

==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:17 am
Well now, let me think about that...

Season 1: Nephlite reforms (but is killed by his own people for it) Kunzite, Jedite, Zoicite, and Beryl Die.

Season 2, p1: Allan and Anne both reform. Doom tree never really was evil...I don't remember anyone dying in that one... I mean, besides cardians.

Season 2.p2: Rubeus Dies. Katzy, Birdie, Prisma, Avery reform.

Season 3: Professor Tomoe Reforms, the 5 (Right? or was it 4) Witches die

Season 4: I can't really remember who dies and who reforms in this one. Remind me, please... 4laugh  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff