54%
 54%  [ 18 ]
No, I don't play or collect
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

Namagoroshi_Okibi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:24 pm
I'm missing alot of the cards because my parents wont buy me them anymore. The only new cards I have are Groudon and Koygre (sorry about spelling mistakes).
But out of the first series I'm only missing a few and I put them all in numberic order xp
I was really bored.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:50 pm
i used to play i had a psychic colorless deck its the best cuz you only need 1 type energy and psychics only weakness is colorless' resistance when i stopped collecting i had (and still do hte original 151 pokemon) ofcous from diff. sets. my 3 strongest cards are the original charizard biggrin , lt. surge raichu (does 100 damage) and the original zapados ( does 100). i also have the southern island set reverse holos are awseom biggrin my ravorite of all time is my rockets moltres  

lil mo 04

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:41 pm
I used to play, but it has been many years, I stoped playing when our cats knocked down the pokemon cards accidentally and because they got scared by it falling on them, peed on them... then we threw them away. (outside due to the bad smell...)

I had a few problems with the game balance of the pokemon card game, I did not approve of how poor the game balance was for the game. The games tended to also be clunkier than other card games due to needing a coin to flip and markers for the HP damage. I think it could have been made much better. As it was there were certain pokemon that tended to outclass the others, such as machop with 50 hp and a 1 fighting energy 20 damage move, vs the virtually the same diglet with 30 hp. It also sadly lacked someting I would call deck personality as certain pokemon were just not worth playing. When making a card game it is important to make all cards playable at tournament level, otherwise, you see a bunch of people with very similar decks. I saw far too many people with nearly the exact same decks while I played. I do belive it is now somewhat different but seems to have clunkier rules, not streamlined rules. That is why I never started playing again.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:45 pm
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I'm missing alot of the cards because my parents wont buy me them anymore. The only new cards I have are Groudon and Koygre (sorry about spelling mistakes).
But out of the first series I'm only missing a few and I put them all in numberic order xp
I was really bored.
buy em yer self 99 cent at toys-r-us  

lil mo 04

pixiestixryu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:21 pm
I collected for a long time, and then learned to actually play on that old gb game who's name escapes me. Well, once I beat the game and had to give it back to my cousin, I sorta stopped playing. I just couldn't find enough people to battle me in the real world. T-T.... I miss that game
I still have all my cards though. In reality, I ran a water deck, and in the game my decks changed so much that I never stuck with one theme for very long. My most prized cards would be my 4 Gyardos. Giovanni's, Misty's, Shining, and basic. ^^ All English holo. All so shiny... *_*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:34 pm
I have approx. 30 first editions, 79+ holos, 500+ rares....it goes on and on....oh, and around 3000+ cards total. My favourite is still my Japanese, holo graphic Skarmory....... 3nodding

One time, a kid liked my new, common Scyther. He wanted me to trade for his holo-graphic scyther, and I think it's first edition.....anywho, I asked him if he was joking, cause that's a laaaaarge gap. He knew what he was doing, he just thought mine looked cooler. whee  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Natures Flame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:34 am
I don't play cus I never did get enough energy for a deck, don't collect cus I'm broke, so I have to say that I'm content with my ice cream bucket of cards (some in SHITTY condition). I do however play the gameboy versions and the first series was best, second not bad, third is just ridicules how many there are so I'm not even going to buy the games.
as for flame red and leaf green, I don't know what to think so I will get a friend to buy them first so I can try them out blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:16 am
I have a few premade decks I bought in the store, and I have about 2000-3000 seperate cards. I don't really have any one kind of deck. I have several uncommons and some rares, but I can't remember all of what I have right now.  

blueyedangel7138

Meushi-chan

Wheezing Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:18 am
I used to play w/ the kids on my street (not any fancy tourneys or anything) and we'dplay for cards sometimes, but not anymore. My sis got rid of all hers, but I still have mine. I spent WAY to much time , money, and energy for those cards to give them away ( she didnt have any good ones anyway). When Pokemon goes off the air, and when they stop making the cards, they will be worth ALOT so even when Im 50/60 I will have them. One day I wills ell some of the pretty decent ones and get me a nice car 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:18 pm
I never learned, since I'm basically the only fan left of Pokemon in my town, and plus I don't get out much (if at all) anyway. But I do collect the cards, and I have a good-sized collection to choose from if I ever do get a chance to learn, but I'm lacking in the Energy-card department. Probably my rarest card has to be my first-edition Shining Gyarados, or a very hard to find Japanese Jr. Happy Pokemon Rally Entei card. My most prized cards has to be the said Entei card, the rest of my Legendary Dog cards, my two Japanese 7-11 Absol cards (one holo), a holo Ninetales, and a really cool Japanese holo Umbreon from Neo 2.  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

ultraraichu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:07 pm
before I used to just collect them. then a few months back I found my old card buried in my closet. that when I decided to acually play the game but first I needed to get some energy card.
well long story short I got a new deck made up of water, physic, and colorless pokemon. my top 3 pokemon in my deck are kangaskhan and snorlax from the fire red and leaf green series and ditto from the fossil series  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:08 pm
I used to collect cards heavily. I plan to restart once I ain't broke anymore.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Zabchan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:08 pm
i used to play, but nowadays, nobody around me wants to play with me...so i can't. i got rid of most of my deck when i realized nobody wanted to play...but, of course, i kept all my favorites...which is quite a lot!!!!!! xd i still get them out sometimes...and look at them...and remember the good ol' days.

i own the pokemon trading card game for gameboy, though, and i play that.

i play yu-gi-oh now though, and while i kinda have the same problem that i had with pokemon, i can find one or two people to play with, so i have all my cards ^^

when i played pokemon with my friends, i favored water and fire types. but in the gameboy game, i like water and grass decks. low energy usage, fast play, poison, or raindance, or even haymaker decks.

needless to say, i always got my butt whooped around my friends, cause i'd always try and play with my favorite cards...which happen to be high evolution, high energy using cards. boy did i suck. i'nm a heck of a lot better at the gameboy game. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:00 pm
I would play, if I had anyone to play with.

I used to play with my sister, but she hated it, so she won't play with me anymore. crying  

Morianna

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces