Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Kids, don't mess with homebrew! (My Wii is officially DEAD) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:08 pm
yeah if you plan to homebrew its better to buy a Wii that has already been modded and set up for it. i thought about mod chipping too, and even though i'm good with electronics/computers, there was no way in hell i was gonna let myself ******** up like this.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:12 pm
*still confused about Homebrew*  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:18 pm
l-Kathulu-l

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_homebrew

There ya go Kath.

Also, I don't have any help for fixing your Wii sadly. But if it's completely dead beyond repair, I can give you some fun tips on how to use it. Most involve a baseball bat.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:02 pm
digi734
l-Kathulu-l

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_homebrew

There ya go Kath.

Also, I don't have any help for fixing your Wii sadly. But if it's completely dead beyond repair, I can give you some fun tips on how to use it. Most involve a baseball bat.
has wayne already suggested leaving it unplugged for awhile and then trying it later? >.>  

Xilo The Odd

small_catgirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:46 pm
Mmm... I've never had a prob with homebrew. I mean the only thing wrong is that the news channel is slow zooming in and out, nothing more.
If i can say something, look in to something called Bootmii or Preloader. Its a brick preventer, well... some what. All it does is let you go to the homebrew channel so you can undo what caused it to brick. So Super Cheesio's prob would be fixed by going in to wad manger and uninstall that wad. Sorry if this sounds like spam but i find homebrew to be a fascinating subject.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 am
small_catgirl
Mmm... I've never had a prob with homebrew. I mean the only thing wrong is that the news channel is slow zooming in and out, nothing more.
If i can say something, look in to something called Bootmii or Preloader. Its a brick preventer, well... some what. All it does is let you go to the homebrew channel so you can undo what caused it to brick. So Super Cheesio's prob would be fixed by going in to wad manger and uninstall that wad. Sorry if this sounds like spam but i find homebrew to be a fascinating subject.
Yeah, I know that, but you need to install Bootmii and Preloader BEFORE it gets bricked.

Guys, I'm going to have to open the Wii up and put a mod-chip in. I'll take pictures of the Wiis insides for you guys. Wish me luck.  

Super Cheesio

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:27 am
Meh, I've opened the Wii before. It's not terribly interesting in there, the most notable thing is how tightly it's all packed in. What was more interesting to me was opening my cousin's Xbox 360. The thing is sealed tighter than Fort Knox, but his refurbished one was missing 17 screws and when we got inside, we found construction paper taped over the heat sink, so he dubbed it the "Mexican Xbox". We fixed the red ring, but caused a hardware failure. He gave it to me, so if I can't un-brick it, I'm going to glue a ceramic chihuahua on top and a sombrero on the side.

User Image

But anyway, back on topic. Stuff like this is why once I had the Homebrew Channel installed, I was either too afraid or disinterested to do anything more than run ScummVM, a Genesis emulator, and a Game Boy emulator on it. I love Wii homebrew as a concept, but in practice it's all either too risky or too boring for my tastes. The only other application of homebrew I'm really interested in is the one that allows you to copy your games to an external hard drive and run them from it. I'd try it if I had an external that works with homebrew. ******** Seagate...

Sorry about your Wii and best of luck with the modchip.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 am
I just found a way of fixing my Wii that doesn't involve mod-chips! biggrin  

Super Cheesio

Xathoa

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:13 am
Can I ask "what is it?" this time and get an answer? O.o;
I'm curious.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I shall carry my egg with me wherever I go. o_o
Cause I'm strange like that. ;D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:45 am
Elemental Draconis
Can I ask "what is it?" this time and get an answer? O.o;
I'm curious.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I shall carry my egg with me wherever I go. o_o
Cause I'm strange like that. ;D
What what is?  

Super Cheesio

kattycha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 am
Waynebrizzle
I know how to save your Wii.

Don't void the warranty. >_>

Word! dramallama  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:09 am
kattycha
Waynebrizzle

Word! dramallama
for some of us that got the wii around or AT its release the warranty is long gone.

also, can some one point me to a place thats an easy guide to install homebrew? the only reason i gave up on it is because i thought i'd need to install a modchip to use it.  

Xilo The Odd

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:58 am
~Xiloscent~
kattycha
Waynebrizzle

Word! dramallama
for some of us that got the wii around or AT its release the warranty is long gone.

also, can some one point me to a place thats an easy guide to install homebrew? the only reason i gave up on it is because i thought i'd need to install a modchip to use it.
What version Wii are you on? If you're on 4.1 I can't help you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:50 pm
Super Cheesio
~Xiloscent~
kattycha
Waynebrizzle

Word! dramallama

What version Wii are you on? If you're on 4.1 I can't help you.
and how would i know?  

Xilo The Odd

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 pm
Super Cheesio
I just found a way of fixing my Wii that doesn't involve mod-chips! biggrin

How?

~Xiloscent~

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_your_Wii_for_Homebrew  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces