Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Healthcare Bill Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 am
Pumona
What she is trying to say is: Healthcare is available to anyone that works.

And if the person is trying hard to find a job, but can't manage. Or if the person is a full-time student making ends meat with student loans because s/he can't find a job due to their state having the largest recession in the US?

Quote:
If someone is to lazy to work (there out there) then no they do not deserve for us to pay for their Healthcare.

And if they're disabled? Or they cannot find one?

Quote:
Another situation: If you can not afford Healthcare you might want to go over your budgets a little more.

If you have a family, you're living off of minimum wage, and you're piling yourself in debt no matter how much you're working because your spouse left you and refuses to pay childcare?

Quote:
Yes it would be great if we could help less fortunate people but, unfortunately unless we have a lot of extra money then we should go out of your way to give it to them directly or to a charity.

It's that difficult to put people before profits? Because of a small minority of people that are too lazy to work, you push the larger majority of those that are disabled, those that are elderly, those that are impoverished into a world where they have to avoid the doctor unless they're fatally ill so they don't drive their family into debt?

Quote:
Us taxpayers should not have to pay out of our pocket for these people when we can not afford it.

Well I hope you taxpayers (because apparently no one pays sales tax, I thought all of the US did) also realize that a majority rules and if a single-payer healthcare were imposed you're not the only one paying taxes.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:32 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Pumona
What she is trying to say is: Healthcare is available to anyone that works.

And if the person is trying hard to find a job, but can't manage. Or if the person is a full-time student making ends meat with student loans because s/he can't find a job due to their state having the largest recession in the US?
There is always fastfood (even if it's not permanent)

Quote:
If someone is to lazy to work (there out there) then no they do not deserve for us to pay for their Healthcare.

And if they're disabled? Or they cannot find one?
Social Security/ Fastfood again (or lower paying job)

Quote:
Another situation: If you can not afford Healthcare you might want to go over your budgets a little more.

If you have a family, you're living off of minimum wage, and you're piling yourself in debt no matter how much you're working because your spouse left you and refuses to pay childcare?
My husband and I were both making minimum wage at one point and hay we have a house and do not owe on credit cards. As for a spouse leaving you and refuses childcare, there are laws and take him/she to court.

Quote:
Yes it would be great if we could help less fortunate people but, unfortunately unless we have a lot of extra money then we should go out of your way to give it to them directly or to a charity.

It's that difficult to put people before profits? Because of a small minority of people that are too lazy to work, you push the larger majority of those that are disabled, those that are elderly, those that are impoverished into a world where they have to avoid the doctor unless they're fatally ill so they don't drive their family into debt?

Why should I live in the streets to make sure someone that is too lazy to work is living better. Don't forget Social Security for disabled. I do agree for the elderly they do need to come up with a plan.

Quote:
Us taxpayers should not have to pay out of our pocket for these people when we can not afford it.

Well I hope you taxpayers (because apparently no one pays sales tax, I thought all of the US did) also realize that a majority rules and if a single-payer healthcare were imposed you're not the only one paying taxes.

Our sales tax has been going up and up so do not ever tell me we do not pay sales tax. Our taxes will go up because ofsingle-payer Healthcare.  

Pumona

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:10 pm
You're both missing something. Sales taxes are state level taxes. There is no federal sales tax, though there are several federal consumptive levies on products such as alcohol and tobacco.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 pm
@Pumona - I never said they were nonexistant. Your statement made seems fallible

Because we're taxpayers, we should fear giving healthcare to the homeless/impoverished/etc. because some are lazy.

My statement was merely saying that you don't need to have an income to pay taxes.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:19 pm
You need money to pay taxes. If you can somehow manage to conjure up money without an income, then yes, there are indeed several federal taxes you might pay without paying an income tax. I think what you mean to say is that you don't need to pay income tax in order to pay federal taxes. This is true, with a caveat; the vast majority of federal revenue is derived from the income tax, and the majority of that is paid by the top 10% of earners. Statistically, the money paid out by the government for this health care program will be derived mostly from the richest 10% of Americans, and the benefits paid out well into the income tax paying range. The result is that the majority of people complaining about health care going to the "lazy" will themselves be receiving more from the government than they pay in at the expense of someone richer and more motivated in life.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 pm
universal health care is BAD !

we are free people we choose who we want to see as in doctors

not a government plan NO!

and then the fact is EVERYONE HAS THE BEST HEALTH CARE IN THE WORLD just a vary small minority have to pay more for it

my mother was born and raised in Germany where they have universal health care you wanna know how good it is oh they have medical supplies shortages people who are stuck with the doctor they get you cannot change the doctor so if you have a stupid doctor you are in an idiots care WOW yay what els its expensive YAY oh you know what your still paying for it ITS CALLED TAXES YAY ptph  

goodshot911SNK

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:58 am
captin bigshot911NK

This government bill allows you to do such-- although I prefer universal healthcare to this.

Quote:
and then the fact is EVERYONE HAS THE BEST HEALTH CARE IN THE WORLD just a vary small minority have to pay more for it

Let me rephrase this to be accurate

EVERYONE [who is middle-upper] has the best health care in the world, just a large majority have to pay more for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm
Like I have said before, right now since I got laid off I'm considered lower class financially and my healthcare is great. My husband and I are both working in fastfood (not managers). We were getting $4.00 an hour when we got our first place and 8 years ago bought a house.
So people stop the complaining and get a job or cut off your expensive cell phone bills. Anyone can get medical insurance (I have always had it). Sorry if this bothers some of you. Oh and by the way some of us do have to pay more because of people running to emergency rooms for colds,other unnecessary reasons and for them not paying their bills. Do you think that is fair for everyone else? I don't think so.  

Pumona

Hallie Neko-chan

Adventuring Lionheart

11,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:41 pm
What bothers me about this whole mess, is that it seems to me that some of the values that our country was founded on are missing.

I don't remember reading in the Constitution that the government was supposed to take care of us... :/

I thought that this country was supposed to be free where everyone has an equal oppurtunity to accept or decline, and take care of themselves. Sink or swim. I must be missing something, because to me, this seems to go against it.

If someone doesn't want insurance, they shouldn't be forced to take it. If they get sick, they have a huge bill that the hospital should be able to garnish from their wages. Sink.

If they want, they can go out and find insurance, and Pumona is right. It's not that hard to find. That way, if they get sick, their insurance would help. Swim. It's common sense, people.

Yes, there are some that are disabled, elderly and unemployed. The disabled and elderly should be able to be covered, yes. But if you are unemployed, as long as you are trying to get work, you should be able to be covered. And please don't tell me that being unemployed means you're unable to get work, because my father who is in his mid fifties was unemployed and he managed to do it. If he can, any one of you can. So that excuse only works for so long.

And as for anyone else who doesn't want to work or is too lazy? Why should I have to pay for them to rush to the doctor every week because of the sniffles?

By the way, people who have jobs pay more taxes. They pay the sales tax, and they pay taxes from their checks.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:45 pm
Hallie Neko-chan
What bothers me about this whole mess, is that it seems to me that some of the values that our country was founded on are missing.

I don't remember reading in the Constitution that the government was supposed to take care of us... :/

I thought that this country was supposed to be free where everyone has an equal oppurtunity to accept or decline, and take care of themselves. Sink or swim. I must be missing something, because to me, this seems to go against it.

If someone doesn't want insurance, they shouldn't be forced to take it. If they get sick, they have a huge bill that the hospital should be able to garnish from their wages. Sink.

If they want, they can go out and find insurance, and Pumona is right. It's not that hard to find. That way, if they get sick, their insurance would help. Swim. It's common sense, people.

Yes, there are some that are disabled, elderly and unemployed. The disabled and elderly should be able to be covered, yes. But if you are unemployed, as long as you are trying to get work, you should be able to be covered. And please don't tell me that being unemployed means you're unable to get work, because my father who is in his mid fifties was unemployed and he managed to do it. If he can, any one of you can. So that excuse only works for so long.

And as for anyone else who doesn't want to work or is too lazy? Why should I have to pay for them to rush to the doctor every week because of the sniffles?

By the way, people who have jobs pay more taxes. They pay the sales tax, and they pay taxes from their checks.

Right on Hallie  

Pumona

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:49 pm
Pumona
Like I have said before, right now since I got laid off I'm considered lower class financially and my healthcare is great. My husband and I are both working in fastfood (not managers). We were getting $4.00 an hour when we got our first place and 8 years ago bought a house.
So people stop the complaining and get a job or cut off your expensive cell phone bills. Anyone can get medical insurance (I have always had it). Sorry if this bothers some of you. Oh and by the way some of us do have to pay more because of people running to emergency rooms for colds,other unnecessary reasons and for them not paying their bills. Do you think that is fair for everyone else? I don't think so.

yes I'm so glad somebody See's the light  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
captin bigshot911NK

This government bill allows you to do such-- although I prefer universal healthcare to this.

Quote:

Let me rephrase this to be accurate

EVERYONE [who is middle-upper] has the best health care in the world, just a large majority have to pay more for it.

honestly whats the problem with that i don't see it and if you like universal health care MOVE to germany where you have to pay taxes on TVs every year  

goodshot911SNK

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:56 pm
Hallie Neko-chan

beautifully said it is not the government's problem its are broke asses sorry for the boldness of it but DAM it gets me so flustered i wanna light something on fire  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:05 pm
captin bigshot911NK
Hallie Neko-chan

beautifully said it is not the government's problem its are broke asses sorry for the boldness of it but DAM it gets me so flustered i wanna light something on fire

Relax, take a deep breath you are not alone  

Pumona

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:14 pm
you don't understand see my mom and sister are chronically ill they spend 100k a year on meds alone if it was not for are private insurance not and my father's plan from his work we would be on the streets and we damm near close now  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff