Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Ouiji Boards Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you use ouiji boards?
  yes, all the time
  sometimes, but not too often
  never
View Results

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:13 pm
Animeharpy
ShadowKit13
well, when i used one my cousin's house later became haunted. It was after this that I got the following advice.
1) ask the spirit if they are good. (They can't lie)
2) ask if they want to talk.
3) if they do, and are good then there should be no problem.

**if they say no, and/or you are finishing your sessecion than you should always thank them and SAY GOODBYE.
That is very very important!!

Also always be respectful.

But i would just rather stay away from it, but i have other reasons.

Erm I hate to kibitz but uhm, Spirits can very much lie. Even the spiritualist movement of the 1800's understood this, not to mention many occultists of all walks and trades. You said you stay away from it and that this is advice that you recieved from someone else. but i would still tell the person who gave you that advice to do some research starting with the spiritualist movement, then some works by magicians who actually practice conjuration instead of basing their opinion just on mediumship or what they feel.
I second that. My mom has had a lot of experiences, and they can lie very easily. "Great Uncle Bob" talking to you could be a parasite that is preying off of anyone it can muster.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:17 pm
I played with one a few times and no great doom or peril befell me. I would advice you cleanse the board first though and you probably shouldn't use it as a toy (although I did). The ouija board itself isn't evil (come on people it made by parker brother's) but what comes through it might be. If your the nervous, exciteable type then you should probably stay away. So long as your familiar with dealing with these things and stay calm it should be ok although I have heard alot of horror stories within my family about the things in with you can't get rid of them or you get stuck with some poltergeist.  

Poisen_Lotus

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:47 pm
It would ironic that after (accidentally) leaving this guild, then coming back that this would be the first thread I would see. Why ironic, you ask? I currently work for Hasbro Games, the company that makes Ouiji boards. Theres one in my office/cube/tiny desk space they give the intern. xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:15 pm
I actually use a ouija board often, although I'm tapering off of it now. However, I can't say I recommend using them. Any spirit could decide to show up and bother you... ouija boards aren't very precise. It also seems that it depends on who is using it, almost like they bring different spirits with them or something. This is all things that I have noticed from my experiences. I got a ouija board from my good friend Trent for my birthday and completely forgot about it for almost a year, until he came up to visit me and we decided to give it a try. Trent had used them before, but this was a first time for me. It wasn't a great first impression... the spirit that showed up kept telling me to look in the mirror at it and then told me it wasn't going to leave. It told me that my bed was now it's home. Finally, the ridiculous thing stopped playing around and it left like I told it to, but it didn't leave a great impression. Luckily, when I tried it on my own I was approached by an intelligent spirit that I have talked to countless times since then and has never been anything but nice to me.

If I could give one bit of advice, it would be to PLEASE, PLEASE make sure you tell the spirit to depart. Don't assume that just because the thing hasn't spoken or done anything that it isn't there. You don't want that thing hanging out in your room at night!  

Loagaeth

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:42 pm
I honestly don't believe the store-bought ones work. They move because you are subconciously moving, as you are always moving, even when you're trying not to. You might not realize it, but you ARE affecting the outcome. I do think though that the hand-made ones work though. I mean, something from Hasbro doesn't give you the power to contact spirits. If it were that easy you could just conjure spirits whenever, by just calling out to them. Just because something has a a few letters and numbers written on it doesn't mean it's going to work. The only way one is seriously go to work is if it's been made for that specifically and has been enspelled correctling, the correct ingredients went into its making and so on. I've played with one before with a bunch of other people for my B-day party two years ago, and I can tell you the answers deffinatly came from the subconcious.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:59 pm
Dragoness Arleeana
I honestly don't believe the store-bought ones work. They move because you are subconciously moving, as you are always moving, even when you're trying not to. You might not realize it, but you ARE affecting the outcome. I do think though that the hand-made ones work though. I mean, something from Hasbro doesn't give you the power to contact spirits. If it were that easy you could just conjure spirits whenever, by just calling out to them. Just because something has a a few letters and numbers written on it doesn't mean it's going to work. The only way one is seriously go to work is if it's been made for that specifically and has been enspelled correctling, the correct ingredients went into its making and so on. I've played with one before with a bunch of other people for my B-day party two years ago, and I can tell you the answers deffinatly came from the subconcious.

What if you enchanted a Hasbro ouija board? =o?

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:00 pm
Mitsh
Dragoness Arleeana

What if you enchanted a Hasbro ouija board? =o?

lol, that might work, but like I said, I do believe specific "ingredients" need to go into its making, such as the type of wood and all that good stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:02 am
I have a question about ouija boards. I have been told that homemade ones work better than store bought ones. If this isnèt true, where can I buy one? If this is true, then how do I make one?  

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:11 pm
Mrs.BonJovi
I have a question about ouija boards. I have been told that homemade ones work better than store bought ones. If this isnèt true, where can I buy one? If this is true, then how do I make one?

Buying a ouija board, you could maybe try Ebay or Amazon. As for making one, personally I think just cutting squares out of paper and putting them on a table then using a glass as the planchette would work in a pinch; however, this and this may help you. There's also a bunch of stories about Ouija boards here.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:19 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I have never had a bad experience using a Ouija board. I actually enjoy using them. They're only as evil/powerful as you make them out to be.

Here are steps I usually go through before using one:
1. I light a white candle for every person there.
2. We join hands and say a prayer to welcome in only good spirits, those bot meaning to harm.
3. If you know a good protection spell or can cast a circle, do that as well.
4. Set up an audio recorder to record the session.

..The last one is something I do for enjoyment, as I usually always catch EVPs when we use the Ouija board. If you can catch EVPs, you can sometimes hear the spirits speaking to you as you ask question.

Here are some precautionary tips that I abide by:
1. NEVER PLAY WITH ONE ALONE! Please always have someone in the room with you whenever you come into contact with one.
2. Be careful what you ask, you may not like the answer. (This usually goes for asking about dead loved ones and things you are really worried about. Spirits can be lie, or they can be honest and it can upset you)
3. Spirits can lie and usually do. (I've had an experience where we asked a spirit it's hair color and it told us blue. When we asked it if it was serious, it spelled 'joke')
4. From my experiences, Spirits cannot see into the future (or the ones I speak too claim not to be able too), so don't ask questions about the future. I believe they are trapped in the present like we are, but they can probably guess what's going to happen.
5. A lot of spirits aren't very good spellers. So, if you have spirits that are spelling perfectly every time, someone is probably messing with you. (Spirits I speak too spell things like 'perpl'(purple) 'hevn'(Heaven) 'berin'(Brian) 'kourt'(court)). Try to stick to 'yes' and 'no' questions.
6. Spirits that speak to you aren't always serious. They can be as playful as you and I. So, don't take everything they say to heart. (I once had a spirit tell me to 'get laid')
7. If you have to question whether or not you should ask something, then don't do it.
8. Don't ask the spirit when it died. Some spirits don't know they're dead and it can enrage and confuse them. However, if they're speaking to you through a Ouija board, then they probably know of their demise.

I can't really think of anything else.. Please remember that this is everything I abide by when using one. I'm not saying everything I do is right, however, I haven't had a problem yet.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
...And only you...

faebaesage

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100

animagenic

Dapper Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:26 pm
ShadowKit13
well, when i used one my cousin's house later became haunted. It was after this that I got the following advice.
1) ask the spirit if they are good. (They can't lie)
2) ask if they want to talk.
3) if they do, and are good then there should be no problem.

**if they say no, and/or you are finishing your sessecion than you should always thank them and SAY GOODBYE.
That is very very important!!

Also always be respectful.

But i would just rather stay away from it, but i have other reasons.

Then again, if you summon a powerful spirit and you're kind of a sissy, [weak will or spirit] that spirit can object to saying goodbye and make you stay and talk... either that, haunt you. gonk If not, the spirit can curse you. ninja Best not use it at all, dearie... Take it from someone whose family bloodline was wiped out. I'm serious.

My grandmother and some of the other members of our family of that generation played with the Ouija board they had, talking to spirits and such... Something must have gone wrong or something because our family has been practically wiped out by incidentally tragic causes.

My grandmother had an unruly son, let's just call him Tom [I feel guilty backstabbing him like this so I won't tell you his real name]. Of course that could've from her irresponsibility with him... But still. He went and hit the maids with a live chicken!! Along with a countless number of unmentionables, Hello?!? My uncle, Raul [real name], became paraplegic [paralyzed from the neck-down] from a vehicular accident. He's Tom's brother and when they fought, and to think that Raul was on a wheelchair, Tom hit him.

My grandfather died of heart attack. He went pretty quick, but it was after that incident of Tom and Raul fighting. They fought because of my grandfather, and my grandmother got in the way, and so did Raul... So there...

Tom was a chronic smoker, and beat his wife, my aunt. They had twin children who both had Down's syndrome. One was dead on birth. Tom's wife left him, taking with her her living child. My aunt doesn't use the Diaz last name. Not sure about my cousin. [By the way, in the Diaz family, I am one of the last direct offspring. I'm not even OFFICIAL OFFSPRING. I'm adopted! The other one is my first cousin with Down's syndrome.] Tom visits them on occasion.

Raul died as a paraplegic, his girlfriend left him when he became disabled. My mom never married. My grandmother is suffering from terminal alzheimer's, is bedridden, intubated [she eats from a tube inserted through her nose], and no longer able to respond significantly to stimuli.

I don't have a curse on me basically because I'm adopted. I'm not linked by blood to the Diaz family. But to look at it, nobody has the fraternal last name of Diaz anymore in our family tree except from me, my grandmother, my mom, and Tom [who's still living with us]. The curse is ended out of faith because another uncle, a born-again, helped Tom get back on track, and my mom is a great person, and I think being in a religious organization helps.

And just dare to tell me I'm lying because I'm not. What I'm telling you is what I know, cold hard and true. I'll be willing to give you my address, my number, and other details you want if you have the guts to tell me I'm lying. evil

I don't think all of what my family experienced is coincidence alone. I think it was more of a punishment from using something that shouldn't have been used. Or, in more particular words, they dabbled in something that should not have been joked around with.

The supernatural in never "for kicks". It's just as serious as slashing someone's tires in the living world and existence.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:28 pm
Childhood Dreams
I've personally never used an ouiji board before, and I don't really plan to. I heard from someone that if you're not careful, an evil spirit can just stalk you, and you can't get rid of it, no matter how many circles you cast, or purifying, or banishing spells you put up.

That's because using something like the Ouija board is a contract in itself. You already know it's dangerous but you choose to do it anyway. Therefore, whatever consequence is your fault. You agree to whatever will result from using it and that's why the spirit won't give you peace if you use it.

Crimson Fox Of Tempests
sorry but i have no love for ouiji boards. down hear at a church my family had gone to for nearly a century , abotu 40 years back soem kids were playing with an ouiji board at teh summer camp held by teh church, the parenst caught them and threw teh board out into the bonfire, needless to say as i have heard it, the board flew out of the bonfire hurled threw teh air went through the lowerlevel window and then lodged itself in a wall. matters were mad worse when they couldnt get it out of teh wall. sp they cut teh section out of teh wall and buried iteh board out in teh feild only to find it back in teh wall not but three days after teh wall was replastered. so tehy removed it for a second time this tiem soaking it in blessed water then burying it with three crosses. Havent seen it since, but i went down in that room wher eteh wall is and touched teh scar on teh wall its sent a high shock of bad feeling through me. the energy lingers there and the church pastor wont allow me to try to cleanse it because i would be doing " magick" which by their doctrine sis evil , so evil canot combat evil.

silly how they are that way. im a good honest christian and i woudl do a christinized( hate that word) cleansing

It's really like that. Christians have been taught that anything other than God's power is evil. But in truth, and I honestly believe, that whatever you do out of the goodness of your heart and in the name of God [you have to do it in the name of God, if you really have to do it--magic--in particular], it is in no way evil. 3nodding Because if there are really bad vibes there, it should be cleansed because in some way, it can influence the lives of those who live there in an unhealthy way. In some measure, some action must be taken. Some people really are just narrow-minded.  

animagenic

Dapper Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:17 am
Mitsh
Mrs.BonJovi

Buying a ouija board, you could maybe try Ebay or Amazon. As for making one, personally I think just cutting squares out of paper and putting them on a table then using a glass as the planchette would work in a pinch; however, this and this may help you. There's also a bunch of stories about Ouija boards here.

thank you so much!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:44 pm
MMMM I dont know what to say. Such wonderful thoughts on this board as is....My personal belief is you can set your self to something evil no matter what you. What ever one uses to protect themselves and their power of belief, will help alot in learning about the paranormal. Only my opninion....running before you steal my sandles......

Take Care
The Fearless One  

kpelli

WocketsInMyPockets

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:27 am
I wouldn't use one. Too dangerous.
My friend's mother's sister died using one...  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games