Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Which has more expirence? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who has had more expierience
  Obama
  Palin
View Results

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:23 am
Magus Kathrine
Drarksupersaiyan
Magus Kathrine
Experience doesn't really matter, Sarah Palin would have been an awesome person, and I wish that she ran for president. McCain was a sinner, and did not deserve to make our nation have more moral decay.

I disagree, experience is a key factor in running for and being a president. Even though I agree and only voted for McCain because he was the lesser of two evils we need to consider that theirs others with different religions here and that just because we think somethings wrong doesn't mean that they will agree too.

Our nation was founded on Christianity, and it should stay that way! Other religions are false, and what the first amendment means is that we have the freedom to choose our denomination, not our religion.

I don't believe I have seen that. But it is true that our founders were God fearing patriots.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:09 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Magus Kathrine
Drarksupersaiyan
Magus Kathrine
Experience doesn't really matter, Sarah Palin would have been an awesome person, and I wish that she ran for president. McCain was a sinner, and did not deserve to make our nation have more moral decay.

I disagree, experience is a key factor in running for and being a president. Even though I agree and only voted for McCain because he was the lesser of two evils we need to consider that theirs others with different religions here and that just because we think somethings wrong doesn't mean that they will agree too.

Our nation was founded on Christianity, and it should stay that way! Other religions are false, and what the first amendment means is that we have the freedom to choose our denomination, not our religion.

I don't believe I have seen that. But it is true that our founders were God fearing patriots.

Well if they were God-fearing, and God says to "build a foundation onto the Lord" then wouldn't they build the foundation of our country on Christian values, and Christianity. We can't support idolatry, and our founding father's wouldn't either.  

Magus Kathrine

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:53 pm
Quote:
Other religions are false, and what the first amendment means is that we have the freedom to choose our denomination, not our religion.

That's not what the First Amendment says AT ALL! It says:

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

The text reads "religion," not denomination. They were well aware of the existence of other religions too, since Jews had been living in the colonies for decades. Yet, nothing in the language of that gives Congress the power to ban Judaism. Indeed, as plainly read it says you are free to practice Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, or any other religion you damn please. This is a plain text reading.

Quote:
Well if they were God-fearing,

They were students of the Enlightenment, not fundamentalists. They built an Enlightenment experiment rooted almost exclusively in the writings of English economist John Locke.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:48 am
Sarah Palin is an idiot. Forget about her or you'll become politically irrelevant.  

DanskiWolf

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 am
DanskiWolf
Sarah Palin is an idiot. Forget about her or you'll become politically irrelevant.

That's your opinion  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:09 am
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

And the opinion of many others. If the GOP is to run Palin against Obama in 2012, your party will become the laughingstock of America. Palin has no substance to her and an articulate fellow like Obama would tear her to shreds. Just look at how painfully rehearsed her debate with Biden was. It was like she was reading from a script on a range of issues she had no real understanding of. Internationally, the US wold have a worse image than it did under Bush if she ever became President.

All in all, she's simply not fit for the office of President and would be the death knell of the Republican Party if she became their Presidential hopeful.  

DanskiWolf

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:21 pm
DanskiWolf
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

And the opinion of many others. If the GOP is to run Palin against Obama in 2012, your party will become the laughingstock of America. Palin has no substance to her and an articulate fellow like Obama would tear her to shreds. Just look at how painfully rehearsed her debate with Biden was. It was like she was reading from a script on a range of issues she had no real understanding of. Internationally, the US wold have a worse image than it did under Bush if she ever became President.

All in all, she's simply not fit for the office of President and would be the death knell of the Republican Party if she became their Presidential hopeful.

Ahahahaha you think Obama's articulate? He has to read off a teleprompter for cripes sake. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc . I did think that retiring from governor was a bad choice but that was her and not me. But I'd rather have her then some idoit who can't even talk with out his teleprompter.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

Ahahahaha you think Obama's articulate? He has to read off a teleprompter for cripes sake. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc . I did think that retiring from governor was a bad choice but that was her and not me. But I'd rather have her then some idoit who can't even talk with out his teleprompter.

Hahaha that's funny

Wait, this isn't a joke, is it? In case you didn't read your articles, most presidents (and candidates) in the 21st century have read off of teleprompters. Including McCain, Palin, and Bush.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:44 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

Hahaha that's funny

Wait, this isn't a joke, is it? In case you didn't read your articles, most presidents (and candidates) in the 21st century have read off of teleprompters. Including McCain, Palin, and Bush.

Yeah but not completely evolving around it saying what the teleprompter says and not reading it and putting it into his own words.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

Hahaha that's funny

Yeah but not completely evolving around it saying what the teleprompter says and not reading it and putting it into his own words.

Actually that's precisely what they do.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:22 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

Hahaha that's funny

Actually that's precisely what they do.

Well then where's the point in having the guy speak when they could just read the teleprompter.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:16 pm
Quote:
Well then where's the point in having the guy speak when they could just read the teleprompter.

For the same reason you have someone play a musical piece rather than just imagine it based on the notes on the sheet. A speech is more than just the words, it's the feeling, the emotion, the delivery. George W. Bush's impromptu "I hear you. . ." words at the WTC site in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks weren't inspiring script. The words are a simple "I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon." But to actually see the man down in the trenches, arm around a rescue worker, rallying the people there over a bullhorn, that's the difference between words off a teleprompter and a leader rallying a nation. And before the advent of the teleprompter, Roosevelt read "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" off a written script in front of him.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:34 pm
DanskiWolf
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

I have to mention two things here. Number 1 Sara is better than Obama and Number 2 Obama's ratings are going down so fast he will not be anywhere near winning in 2012. This maybe hard to comprehend but our leader is going down fast because people are relizing what he is doing.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:08 pm
Pumona
DanskiWolf
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

I have to mention two things here. Number 1 Sara is better than Obama and Number 2 Obama's ratings are going down so fast he will not be anywhere near winning in 2012. This maybe hard to comprehend but our leader is going down fast because people are relizing what he is doing.

He's got three years to make it up. And Sarah will most definitely not be the win of 2012, I can guarantee that!  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:46 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Pumona
DanskiWolf
Drarksupersaiyan
DanskiWolf

That's your opinion

He's got three years to make it up. And Sarah will most definitely not be the win of 2012, I can guarantee that!

Do you have pwers that allow you to see into the future.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff