Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
I'm slim... I'm shiny... and I'm oh so sexy... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PS3 Slim is sexy like:
  Mah azz
  Mah thighz
  Sugartits
  I thought this was pg-13...
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:49 pm
Odd. A friend of mine also reported Blu-ray not being that much higher quality either. If that's true it's a bit of a letdown, especially with the added worry of discs not wanting to play too. But I have to wonder if people who are watching blu-ray are also using hdmi cables and have 1080p capable hdtv's. I've heard blu-ray versions of things like pixar movies look great in hi-def.

My original DS is doing great too, but then again I don't really use it that much. What I almost never use is my Wii. I went through hoops to get the damn thing only to discover it's the console I least use. Go figure. The only game that might be announced for North American release that I'd be interested in is Tales of Graces. That'd make me use my Wii again. But the past few Tales games have not impressed me one bit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:50 pm
Nope... I'd say Blu-Ray is useless. We played it on my PS3... and it seemed exactly the same as a regular movie... except the fact that it as a protective sheet on the back on the DVD... ooh, fancy!

Bleh.

The Tides Beholder

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:33 am
Were you using an hdmi cable and were you viewing it on a hdtv capable of 1080p?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:31 am
I wish I had a digital tv at all.

All our tv's are still analog.
Heck, mine even came with an old antenna to adjust.

And the one in the living room is so old, that it started going dark.
It's so dark, we can hardly watch any movie at all.
Batman begins was so dark, half the time, the screen was pitch black.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 pm
xwhateverxdudex
He could just be unlucky.
I mean, purple predicted that my DS would be broken within the month.
But I've had it for a couple years now, and it's still going good.

I didn't say that because I thought it was of poor quality. I said that cuz I thought you'd be too rough on it and break it. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:12 pm
*snickers* Purple and Dude you two are funny. ^_^ *nods* Okay thanks Purple something to look into. I've actually found a couple more games for the PSP that I might get if I get the PSP, but if I have to replace the screen often that's pretty sorry. However, we'll see still deciding.

Bro: Really? I use my Wii quite a bit. I've got several games and see several more that are going to be coming out soon for the Wii that I want to get for it. *shrugs*

As for the whole Blu-Ray better graphics thing...I'm not sure on that I do know that a Blu-Ray disc has more storage space then a regular HD-DVD does.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 pm
I pretty much only play jrpg's. Don't anyone slam me for that please lol I'm not some hardcore gamer that plays all genres. This new generation has had s**t for jrpgs and the Wii is pretty barren as far as jrpgs goes, hence why it gets no play time.

I extended the use of my ps2 even because of games like Persona 3 and 4. The xbox doesn't really have that many either. There was Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, and other games I never bought cuz the reviews sucked a**. Out of those 4 games I didn't particularly like any of them over another.

This is why I'm hoping to god that ff13 turns out to be a great game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:34 am
xwhateverxdudex

rini: you have an atari? awesome
original, or just one of the newer compilations?

original
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/atari180.jpg
The newer version is just the controller that has all the teck inside it.
No other piece required. Just plug the controller into your tv and play.

I would assume it's an original. It was my uncles, and I'd have to dig it out of the closet. I mean, he had it when I was a child so...yeah. @_@; xD

♥
[rinibuns]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:42 am
Iakun: I don't think anyone will slam you just for only playing one type of game. (jrpg huh - cool)

purple: yeah I know

moonracer: YAY, we're funny ^.^ nya

rini: awesome, i've only ever seen one in pictures
(legacy hardware, very cool)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 pm
Hey Dude, what PS3 games do you have?

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:59 pm
Bro: I'm not going to slam ya just cause ya like one particular genre of games. That's cool...can suck at times but it's cool. Me...apparently I'm a bit all over the board really but I stick to a few particulars, though what they are I'm not sure I'd have to actually input my entire game list to see what my genres are. sweatdrop Yeah, I have to agree though I'll be happy when they actually make a really good RPG that you just can't put down or a game period for that matter. Though I have home with a few I've seen advertised.

Dude: Yeah, you guy's are funny but it's cool! ^_^ I had an old Atari when I was really little, but had to leave it behind when some things happened.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:37 am
Moonracer: had to leave it behind? That saddens me. v.v

Iakun: I don't have any ps3 games yet. I got a ps3 because it was the next moddle and I needed something to get past the glitches in "tomb raider angel of darkness" and "jak 2". (the ps2 just didn't have the power to play them)

That's why I'm so obsessed with backwards compatability, there are just some games that have trouble in the system that they were made for.

But don't get me wrong, there are ps3 games I do want. I just haven't had the money for them yet.
"Heavenly Sword" "Dragonball Z: Burst Limit" "Final Fantasy XIII"  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
*blinks* But the last BC PS3 is like 2 models ago or so. You really haven't bought a game in all this time?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:27 am
Yep, I got the ps3 almost as soon as it came out.
And never got any ps3 games. (Yes, I am that broke)
It will probably take me years to save enough for a game.
I blaim not having a job, and only being able to do chores for my parents.  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:01 pm
Better then me I don't even own a PS3 yet and so far the only reason I want one is for Final Fantasy XIII Versus! That game looks awesome so far!

Dude no worries man the only reason I save money is I get 20 bucks a week for lunch for that week if I spend it all then I don't have left over, if I have change left over that won't buy me anymore food then I tuck that away, if I don't spend any of the 20 bucks I tuck it all away. That's how I save up money. sweatdrop As for having to leave it behind...*shrugs* There were other things more important to save them my old Atari.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff