Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Cheesio Reviews: Scribblenauts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:52 am
Downloaded it off the web in preparation for purchase, just to see how it plays.

Is it an incomplete concept? Absolutely. Some objects don't work the way they're supposed to and on occassion I had issues picking up items.

Still worth picking up? 'Course. Though flawed, it's a great exercise in enabling the player's own creativity.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35 am
Allegro
Downloaded it off the web in preparation for purchase, just to see how it plays.

Is it an incomplete concept? Absolutely. Some objects don't work the way they're supposed to and on occassion I had issues picking up items.

Still worth picking up? 'Course. Though flawed, it's a great exercise in enabling the player's own creativity.
I haven't experienced any of this. Are you sure you don't have the demo? If there's a level with a Starite in a tree, it's the demo.  

Super Cheesio

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:10 am
Super Cheesio
Allegro

I haven't experienced any of this. Are you sure you don't have the demo? If there's a level with a Starite in a tree, it's the demo.
It's the whole game, Cheese.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 am
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro

K... Just out of interest, is the tree level there?  

Super Cheesio

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:14 am
Super Cheesio
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro

It's a few stages in, as I recall. A lot of the levels are samey.

The Level Editor is a bit off as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:16 am
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro

...My version has no tree level...  

Super Cheesio

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:19 am
Super Cheesio
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro

Hell, I don't remember. After the mind numbing tutorial level? I zoned out for like the first few levels.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:56 am
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro
Super Cheesio
Allegro

Hell, I don't remember. After the mind numbing tutorial level? I zoned out for like the first few levels.
...Oh wait, there is a level with a tree, but it's not like in the demo. There's a lumberjack, and you have to 'help him do his job'.  

Super Cheesio

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:45 am
It's possible that the ROM is not the final version of the game, but I still wouldn't be surprised to find a glitch or two in a game with thousands of objects that are all capable of interacting with each other.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 am
Waynebrizzle
It's possible that the ROM is not the final version of the game, but I still wouldn't be surprised to find a glitch or two in a game with thousands of objects that are all capable of interacting with each other.
Possible, but it doesn't lessen some of the game's flaws.

Still an amazing game. Just a 9/10 instead of the shining, Allah sent 11/10 that many are proclaiming.  

Allegro

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 am
Allegro
Waynebrizzle

Still an amazing game. Just a 9/10 instead of the shining, Allah sent 11/10 that many are proclaiming.
...9.5 from me.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:56 pm
Allegro
Waynebrizzle

if you buy scribblenauts you will be awarded with 72 virgins in the afterlife  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:57 pm
Waynebrizzle
Allegro
Waynebrizzle

if you buy scribblenauts you will be awarded with 72 virgins in the afterlife
I wonder if virgin is actually in the game.

I bet it displays a likeness of Wayne.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 pm
Super Cheesio
Philosoraptor - A raptor with a monocle appears. I lol.

xd

I'm prolly buying this tomorrow after school.  

l-Kriel-l

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:10 pm
Your emulating it, right Allegro? Could that be attributed to things not working properly? What emulator are you using?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff