Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Servitors- a challenge to fellow guildmates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:17 am
I really love the physical focus for this servitor. Top score for getting photos for us too, chief. =D  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:31 pm
Mitsh
I really love the physical focus for this servitor. Top score for getting photos for us too, chief. =D

when i deconstruct it, i might take a picture of the contents of the jar as well, but i am not sure yet. plus i also have a "little sister" face that goes with her. i really really love my ceramics class mrgreen  

erinnightwalker

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:31 pm
umm i'm ok i was wondering for some advice. i have a friend who has been having some mental issues lately so after first seeing something on servitors i decided to try and make one for her. i used a little faery statue she had cause she considered it very peaceful and thought it was the most comforting and healing of all of hers. the command i gave was:

Create a servitor to heal the mind of Hollie(my friend). Control yourself to give no ill thoughts, no ill words, and do no ill deeds in the view of Hollie to anyone or anything. Take your energy from the moon and never anyone or anything else.

what i'm wondering is did i make it correctly? and should i instead of healing her mind just have it eat the negativity around her? i guess i was just wanting some tips and things for how to improve upon it because although its working a little there are not the results i was expecting.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 pm
Elfshaman
umm i'm ok i was wondering for some advice. i have a friend who has been having some mental issues lately so after first seeing something on servitors i decided to try and make one for her. i used a little faery statue she had cause she considered it very peaceful and thought it was the most comforting and healing of all of hers. the command i gave was:

Create a servitor to heal the mind of Hollie(my friend). Control yourself to give no ill thoughts, no ill words, and do no ill deeds in the view of Hollie to anyone or anything. Take your energy from the moon and never anyone or anything else.

what i'm wondering is did i make it correctly? and should i instead of healing her mind just have it eat the negativity around her? i guess i was just wanting some tips and things for how to improve upon it because although its working a little there are not the results i was expecting.

sounds ok. did you intend to give it any free will or is it a non-intelligent servitor? and how are the results different from what you planned?  

erinnightwalker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:52 pm
I've been meaning on making a servitor that helps me Astral Travel, But I dont know how I'd go about making something like that. Any ideas?

And then, I have a more personal one.. I would rather pm you that one, if you're willing.

ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:57 pm
Namikikyo
I've been meaning on making a servitor that helps me Astral Travel, But I dont know how I'd go about making something like that. Any ideas?

And then, I have a more personal one.. I would rather pm you that one, if you're willing.

ninja

pm away smile as for the astral travel, how involved do you plan on being with this servitor? like a best friend, or a "guide dog", or an extension of yourself?  

erinnightwalker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:04 pm
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo

ninja

pm away smile as for the astral travel, how involved do you plan on being with this servitor? like a best friend, or a "guide dog", or an extension of yourself?

I wouldn't mind it being like my best friend, but something that could help pull me out of my body when I asked and help me travel without much difficulty. Like a friendly key, you know?

Though, I've never considered an extension of myself. Why might I want to do that? Just a hypothetical question.

And thank you very much, I'll send it in a second after I gain the nerve. :3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:20 pm
Namikikyo

I wouldn't mind it being like my best friend, but something that could help pull me out of my body when I asked and help me travel without much difficulty. Like a friendly key, you know?

Though, I've never considered an extension of myself. Why might I want to do that? Just a hypothetical question.

well, an extension of yourself would be that much more in tune with yourself, though you must be careful to reabsorb it before too long unless you want to risk possible mental complications. also, if you can't do it reliably anyway, there's not much reason to separate it out XD in the long term, i'd say just create a separate servitor.

if its going to be a best friend, then i'd start thinking of forms that appeal to you. planning is key. also, you may consider how flexible you want it to be. do you want a general magical helper or one that solely assists you on the astral plane? some other considerations are the timespan you want it to go for and the intelligence you want it to have- friendly twenty year old as opposed to friendly five year old, for example.  

erinnightwalker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 pm
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo

well, an extension of yourself would be that much more in tune with yourself, though you must be careful to reabsorb it before too long unless you want to risk possible mental complications. also, if you can't do it reliably anyway, there's not much reason to separate it out XD in the long term, i'd say just create a separate servitor.

if its going to be a best friend, then i'd start thinking of forms that appeal to you. planning is key. also, you may consider how flexible you want it to be. do you want a general magical helper or one that solely assists you on the astral plane? some other considerations are the timespan you want it to go for and the intelligence you want it to have- friendly twenty year old as opposed to friendly five year old, for example.

Oh, I understand that. Yeah, I don't believe I'm capable of handle an extension of myself, especially if I'm not aware of how to fully use it. Thank you for telling me that. :3

-I already have a form I'd like to give it, though I'm stuck in between a female or male form for it. Soft friendly features are an automatic when something like this comes to mind.

-I'd like to be able to relate to it, so it'll have to be around my age; 18.

-Time span is difficult because as my first servitor, I'm afraid I might get attached to it and not want it to "die", you know? But after it does it's job, don't we just absorb it back into us?

-It'll have to know what it's doing, that's for sure. xD So I'd like it to be reasonably intelligent. Just enough to help me with a few things and be a friend.

-I'd like it to be flexible. A general magical helper would be great.

Lol, it almost feels like I'm shopping.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:11 pm
Namikikyo

Oh, I understand that. Yeah, I don't believe I'm capable of handle an extension of myself, especially if I'm not aware of how to fully use it. Thank you for telling me that. :3

-I already have a form I'd like to give it, though I'm stuck in between a female or male form for it. Soft friendly features are an automatic when something like this comes to mind.

-Time span is difficult because as my first servitor, I'm afraid I might get attached to it and not want it to "die", you know? But after it does it's job, don't we just absorb it back into us?

-It'll have to know what it's doing, that's for sure. xD So I'd like it to be reasonably intelligent. Just enough to help me with a few things and be a friend.

in a sense that's what you're doing- fixing the details now, before you create it gives you greater control over the finished product and helps begin the creation process. it also helps stop unpleasant little surprises from popping up.

point by point-
features are your choice, of course. i would recommend having it be of a sex that you are not attracted to to prevent any accidental romantic attachments (it is not particularly good to fall in love with a thoughtform), but that's just me. i tend to not go for human-featured servitors (unless they are obviously not human, like the face in the front page) because i do form attachments. i know myself well enough to n** that in the bud. if you feel more comfortable with humans, then go for it. just make sure that its enough of an "other" that you don't fall into the trap of thinking it's human.

it wouldn't actually be eighteen, but it could be that intelligent.

if you put the time and effort into it, you could create a servitor that wouldn't need to be reabsorbed. it seems you want an intelligent, flexible servitor that will help you in magical work, yes? it would be rather redundant to put all that effort into a servitor then reabsorb it in two weeks. the job tends to dictate the lifespan- a house-hunting servitor would only be needed until the house was found, while a magical "partner" may live as long as you do. on the flipside, a longer lifespan means more chances for it to go wrong, so safeties will have to be decided upon and worked into the final product (don't worry, we'll get to that wink )

it sounds like you will want an intelligent one, but do you want it to be independent/ have free will? or do you want it to be mostly dependent on you?

helpers can be done smile matter of fact, this sounds more and more like a self-created familiar kind of thing. which, of course, is perfectly fine.

i have to go to sleep soon (its been a long, long day XD), so feel free to reply now or wait awhile. i should be on sometime tomorrow. do start thinking about the questions i've posed here, because for the kind of servitor you want and the scope of the jobs you want it to perform, it will probably be a complicated set up. of course, you may just decide you want a flying key that will open up the gates to the astral realm mrgreen and of course, there's nothing wrong with that either.  

erinnightwalker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:18 pm
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo

in a sense that's what you're doing- fixing the details now, before you create it gives you greater control over the finished product and helps begin the creation process. it also helps stop unpleasant little surprises from popping up.

point by point-
features are your choice, of course. i would recommend having it be of a sex that you are not attracted to to prevent any accidental romantic attachments (it is not particularly good to fall in love with a thoughtform), but that's just me. i tend to not go for human-featured servitors (unless they are obviously not human, like the face in the front page) because i do form attachments. i know myself well enough to n** that in the bud. if you feel more comfortable with humans, then go for it. just make sure that its enough of an "other" that you don't fall into the trap of thinking it's human.

it wouldn't actually be eighteen, but it could be that intelligent.

if you put the time and effort into it, you could create a servitor that wouldn't need to be reabsorbed. it seems you want an intelligent, flexible servitor that will help you in magical work, yes? it would be rather redundant to put all that effort into a servitor then reabsorb it in two weeks. the job tends to dictate the lifespan- a house-hunting servitor would only be needed until the house was found, while a magical "partner" may live as long as you do. on the flipside, a longer lifespan means more chances for it to go wrong, so safeties will have to be decided upon and worked into the final product (don't worry, we'll get to that wink )

it sounds like you will want an intelligent one, but do you want it to be independent/ have free will? or do you want it to be mostly dependent on you?

helpers can be done smile matter of fact, this sounds more and more like a self-created familiar kind of thing. which, of course, is perfectly fine.

i have to go to sleep soon (its been a long, long day XD), so feel free to reply now or wait awhile. i should be on sometime tomorrow. do start thinking about the questions i've posed here, because for the kind of servitor you want and the scope of the jobs you want it to perform, it will probably be a complicated set up. of course, you may just decide you want a flying key that will open up the gates to the astral realm mrgreen and of course, there's nothing wrong with that either.

Okay, I'll sleep on some questions and ask you tomorrow then. ^ ^

And actually, the flying key was my first choice. I just didn't know how helpful it would be when trying to escape my body.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:19 am
Namikikyo

And actually, the flying key was my first choice. I just didn't know how helpful it would be when trying to escape my body.

just summon it when you are ready to go into the astral realms, grab the handle, and let it pull you where you want to go ^_^ at least, that's one of the ideas that popped into my head.

still plotting the pm? wink  

erinnightwalker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:28 am
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo

just summon it when you are ready to go into the astral realms, grab the handle, and let it pull you where you want to go ^_^ at least, that's one of the ideas that popped into my head.

That sounds interesting, But how will I grab hold of it if I can't see it? o.o Or will I be able to see it?

And yes, it's just extremely embarrassing. >w<

*Breathes*

Just promise not to laugh at me. xD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:35 am
Namikikyo
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo

That sounds interesting, But how will I grab hold of it if I can't see it? o.o Or will I be able to see it?

*Breathes*

not a giggle will escape my lips smile and for this, i would recommend having an actual key as a focus for the servitor- grab the key, "see" it awaken, and feel it pull you along.  

erinnightwalker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:09 am
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo

*Breathes*

not a giggle will escape my lips smile and for this, i would recommend having an actual key as a focus for the servitor- grab the key, "see" it awaken, and feel it pull you along.

Lol, Then I'm typing it right now.

Oh! I have an actual key! This is great. So now it'll have a physical focus?

And if it's something as simple as a key, I guess it would be dependent on me and wouldn't require much intelligence.

Hmm. But what do I do now? :c I'm sorry I'm being so difficult, I"m just really lost when it comes to servitors.

I saw you use pennies as a "programmer" or "Data base", I have some silvery ribbon that I can tie on the key for the same reason and can untie the ribbon to "deactivate" it.

The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games