Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What religion do you respect the most? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What religion do you rspect the most?
  Christianity
  Jewdeism
  Islam
  Buhdism
  Scientology
  Hinduism
  other
View Results

chemos32o8

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:40 am
StevenStBlaize
Has Buddhism ever initiated any kind of aggression towards... anyone, ever? I don't think so...

Well actually, I heard that women that wanted to be a monk were giving much harsher treatment which they had to endue in order to be let in.
for example they would tear off all her hair and if she even shed a tear she wouldn't be allowed to join.

But then even this is considered tame compared to what other religions had treated their women.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:24 pm
If you're going to respect all jews because some of them were tortured and stuff, then you should hate all jews because just as many of them were racist against everyone else for thousands of years. But in that case it isn't the religion of judaism you're talking about, so I don't know why you even brought that up.

I respect all religions equally. They're all equally batshit insane.  

Prince Rilian

Indie_lullaby

Tipsy Gawker

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:03 pm
I respect Buhdism and Wiccan. They are both peaceful religions.

I don't like hinduism. They believe you can't change your destiny. Like if you were born poor you must stay poor. I generally don't respect most religions.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 pm
StevenStBlaize
Has Buddhism ever initiated any kind of aggression towards... anyone, ever? I don't think so...

Wars against China in the middle ages, suppression of the peasantry by the Lamas until the PRC took over...

Buddhism serves to justify the oppression of the peasantry by an otherwise idle caste of priests who need to be fed, but in no way can be expected to actually work. After all, that gets in the way of their orgies meditation on vast complexities of life, theology and philosophy that we cannot possibly grasp.  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

Raticiel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 am
Rilian Sharp
If you're going to respect all jews because some of them were tortured and stuff, then you should hate all jews because just as many of them were racist against everyone else for thousands of years. But in that case it isn't the religion of judaism you're talking about, so I don't know why you even brought that up.

I respect all religions equally. They're all equally batshit insane.

"some" of them? sorry...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:55 am
*headdesk* Jewdeism=FAIL

...It's Judaism.

And I respect Unitarians the most. I like their Humanist philosophy, and their "we're not going to fault you for your beliefs as long as you don't bother others" attitude.  

alteregoivy

Takki33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 pm
Out of all religions I have to give respect to Buddhism. It is the closest religion to philosophy that I know of.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Tragic Orgy
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " -Buddha

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I wish I was that disciplined. Mad respect.

Buddhism, hands down. And then my next would probably be Hinduism and Judaism (I like 'em kosher redface ).

I love that quote. Uhm, Yeah Buddhism. I wouldn't mind converting into it. And there is atheistic buddhism and stuff.  

I Am A Mountie

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:47 pm
Indie_lullaby
I respect Buhdism and Wiccan. They are both peaceful religions.

I don't like hinduism. They believe you can't change your destiny. Like if you were born poor you must stay poor. I generally don't respect most religions.

You better be correct. 'cause there goes my respect for Hinduism.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:00 pm
I don't dis/respect someone for their religion; I dis/respect them for who they are.  

Requiem of the Exodus

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:01 pm
Tragic Orgy
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " -Buddha

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I wish I was that disciplined. Mad respect.

Buddhism, hands down. And then my next would probably be Hinduism and Judaism (I like 'em kosher redface ).

Oh yea, I saw something like this before, I would respect Judaism and Buddhism the most, but wasn't that in Vietnam and they were protesting the communist regime?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:28 pm
buhdism definitely becuz they believe that achieving enlightenment has more to do with thinking more about others and less about yourself, i actually would have converted to buhdism if they didn't have to live such a secluded life style and if i could afford a ticket to asia  

dl1371

Marx Gant

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:10 pm
I think that Buddhism is the most respected around here, I mean they don't even praise a god, they just have an very respectful lifestyle that we can all appreciate.

I'd be a Buddhist monk, but in today's society, it's too impractical. Maybe if it were a thousand years ago, I'd give it a shot.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Universal Unitarianism. Everything else has serious flaws to me.  

What Happened To LSD

1,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:03 pm
MOST respect for?
I would say, in personal experience, Muslims and Hindus.
Unlike Christians, they actually don't post their religion in ADs and push it around everywhere. They also don't slander other religions, bully people because of religion, or have their religion shown in a public manner.
( Or atleast not like Christians and Churches. )

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff