Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
A bunch of idiots!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the illegal aliens be allowed to go to college?
  Yes
  No
  Who cares
View Results

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:11 am
Quote:
Maybe there not looking into education levels, but environment. For example, if my university (uni A) and another with an equal education level (uni B) were located in two areas, and uni B had better climate for LGBTQIA students, I would prefer to go to uni B over uni A.

I don't think you'd find a better environment for Mexicans than Mexico.

Quote:
Aliens are part of the unemployment crisis.

Spoken like a novice to economics. If anything is responsible for US unemployment at this time it is the mass outflux of manufacturing to the 3rd world, not the influx of unskilled labor. There are any number of problems resultant from the influx of unskilled labor, but unemployment is not one of them. One of the major effects of this economic downturn has actually been a reversal of the flow of labor across the border.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:15 am
Drarksupersaiyan
Your going to let people who break a MAJOR law. I repeat break the LAW. When they can do the right way. Your letting people undermine a major law that needs to be upheld. Aliens are part of the unemployment crisis.

LB Edit: Warning, attack the ideas, not the person

You never answered my speeding question. Do you expect the police to pull every speeder over and hand them a ticket, and do you report anyone that goes over the limit?

Do you J-Walk? Do you go over the speed limit? Do you go under it? Do you do a complete (meaning going 0mph for a minimum of 1second) at every stop sign? If you don't, then you're BREAKING THE LAW as well.

And as I stated... I'm not for illegal immigrants that work for less than the minimum wage. I blame the unemployment crisis more on out-sourcing, a failing banking and auto-industry, rather than illegal immigration though.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 am
Quote:
I absolutely agree. But how would you punish those who have been caught here illegally.

Oh, if you catch someone here illegally, you deport them. I wouldn't dispute that. My guess is the schools don't ask for proof of citizenship, just residency.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 am
Lord Bitememan
Quote:
I absolutely agree. But how would you punish those who have been caught here illegally.

Oh, if you catch someone here illegally, you deport them. I wouldn't dispute that. My guess is the schools don't ask for proof of citizenship, just residency.

I meant like would you ban them or something in that nature.  

Drarksupersaiyan

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:23 am
Quote:

No, you send them to the back of the citizenship line. Look, if their only crime is wanting to be here so badly they'd break in, that's not something I'm unsympathetic to. I'd love to round up every America-hating hippie in San Francisco and trade them to Mexico for people who love America and want to live here.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:24 am
Lord Bitememan
I'd love to round up every America-hating hippie in San Francisco and trade them to Mexico for people who love America and want to live here.

If only I hated America, never shaved, and lived in San Francisco.

@Drark - I agree with LB. But, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to study here anyways... we're too bureaucratic when it comes to immigration for student visas... our school has a ton of them... it's not easy to get visas here, let alone citizenship.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am
Lord Bitememan
Quote:

No, you send them to the back of the citizenship line. Look, if their only crime is wanting to be here so badly they'd break in, that's not something I'm unsympathetic to. I'd love to round up every America-hating hippie in San Francisco and trade them to Mexico for people who love America and want to live here.

I agree with with you entirely. I'm not trying to say Mexicans are bad people. There are some out there but then again there are a lot of good, hard working people looking for a new life.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 am
Lord Bitememan
Quote:
Maybe there not looking into education levels, but environment. For example, if my university (uni A) and another with an equal education level (uni B) were located in two areas, and uni B had better climate for LGBTQIA students, I would prefer to go to uni B over uni A.

I don't think you'd find a better environment for Mexicans than Mexico.

Quote:
Aliens are part of the unemployment crisis.

Spoken like a novice to economics. If anything is responsible for US unemployment at this time it is the mass outflux of manufacturing to the 3rd world, not the influx of unskilled labor. There are any number of problems resultant from the influx of unskilled labor, but unemployment is not one of them. One of the major effects of this economic downturn has actually been a reversal of the flow of labor across the border.

I didn't mean unskilled labor, I meant that when immigrants come and take jobs that should go to the citzens of America who were born here or came legally . I do believe that this does play some maybe not alot but some of the job crisis.  

Drarksupersaiyan

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:38 am
Quote:
I didn't mean unskilled labor, I meant that when immigrants come and take jobs that should go to the citzens of America who were born here or came legally . I do believe that this does play some maybe not alot but some of the job crisis.

Yeah, the process you described is unskilled labor. When skilled labor comes and takes jobs from Americans, they are let in legally and work as doctors and technicians. It's unskilled labor that puts the deck-builders out of work. And even then, it doesn't put them out of work, it depresses wages in the field to the point that Americans turn to different career fields. And, once we had the economic collapse, people were willing to take much less and started to crowd the illegals back out of the positions. So, no, it's the outsourcing that destroyed our economy. Specifically, it destroyed the theory of the service sector economy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:41 am
Lord Bitememan
Quote:

Yeah, the process you described is unskilled labor. When skilled labor comes and takes jobs from Americans, they are let in legally and work as doctors and technicians. It's unskilled labor that puts the deck-builders out of work. And even then, it doesn't put them out of work, it depresses wages in the field to the point that Americans turn to different career fields. And, once we had the economic collapse, people were willing to take much less and started to crowd the illegals back out of the positions. So, no, it's the outsourcing that destroyed our economy. Specifically, it destroyed the theory of the service sector economy.

I see  

Drarksupersaiyan

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:50 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
Lord Bitememan
I'd love to round up every America-hating hippie in San Francisco and trade them to Mexico for people who love America and want to live here.

@Drark - I agree with LB. But, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to study here anyways... we're too bureaucratic when it comes to immigration for student visas... our school has a ton of them... it's not easy to get visas here, let alone citizenship.

Well as hard as it is to come, I think if you really want something bad you should be patient. Like becoming a US citizen. Like Lord Biteman said Mexico is a good environment for Mexicans and since jobs are getting better there like Oil,Agriculture,Minerals,new business of manufacturing and assembly, telecommunications, tourism..there a growing economy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:14 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Lord Bitememan

Well as hard as it is to come, I think if you really want something bad you should be patient. Like becoming a US citizen. Like Lord Biteman said Mexico is a good environment for Mexicans and since jobs are getting better there like Oil,Agriculture,Minerals,new business of manufacturing and assembly, telecommunications, tourism..there a growing economy.

So what about Cubans?  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:37 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Lord Bitememan

So what about Cubans?

Go to Mexico or come here. I have shown you that the jobs in Mexico are picking back up. INstead of traveling all that way. Why not go to Mexico where they speak the same launguage.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:40 pm
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Lord Bitememan

So what about Cubans?

Go to Mexico or come here. I have shown you that the jobs in Mexico are picking back up. INstead of traveling all that way. Why not go to Mexico where they speak the same launguage.

Why not just skip it and go to America? This is your opinion... I'm sure it's not the majority of Cubans that want to escape.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers