Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Christian Movement is starting to begin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dl1371

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 pm
theyre shoving their religion down your throat and not giving you room to say anything of your own
'Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?'
-Joseph Stalin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:02 pm
dl1371
theyre shoving their religion down your throat and not giving you room to say anything of your own
'Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?'
-Joseph Stalin

idk if it was him but didn't he ban religion or something like that? (which i think is wrong)  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

The Singular Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:14 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
dl1371
-Joseph Stalin

idk if it was him but didn't he ban religion or something like that? (which i think is wrong)

No, Atheism is the state religion of Communism. It's an idealogy thing that makes sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 pm
my bad
the actual quote says our people instead of our enemies

but the philosophy of the quote is what the christians are doing
they think that if we start getting ideas then we will rebel against what they're doing
so they think for us and dont allow us to say our opinions

also
yes i think banning religion is wrong too  

dl1371

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:23 pm
I simply tell them I don't care about their religion as long as it doesn't affect my daily life in a negative way.

As for the preachers, I say "How do you know it's the right way into heaven? Have you been there lately? Didn't think so :l".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:24 pm
dl1371
-Joseph Stalin

I might just go communist~

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

DerShtinktier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:36 pm
The Singular Enigma
LimeIzMyFaveColor
dl1371
-Joseph Stalin

No, Atheism is the state religion of Communism. It's an idealogy thing that makes sense.

It stems back to Marx, who believed that religion is used to oppress the poor and keep them in check. Why do you think so many people hated the Communists? It wasn't just for the political beliefs! I mean one of the most powerful countries on earth in it's day (USSR) was entirely godless! If you were a Christian wouldn't that scare the s**t out of you? I mean they had a ton of nukes! haha more than we did.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:40 pm
o_o -checks brass knuckles, pepper spray, tazer, switchblade, chrome baseball bat and assassins creed style blade arm- Okay now where did you say they were? Jk, I don't own any of that, minus the last thing, but seriously i can't go downtown with out the large picture of some dead chopped up baby in my face with the words "If one baby dies it all our faults for letting it die" See now thats not very nice cause their right outside the Quiznos and I can't get a meatballs sub for lunch now,  

Jester the Nightmare

G4NTZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:21 pm
The only ones that go out handing panphlets to others where I live are the mormons. Both dressed the same with a white dress shirt and black pants and shaved heads. The second time I saw them outside of a grocery store I made devil horns with my index fingers as I passed them. Not much but they saw and that's good enough for me. The christians dont really need to do that because I live in the cathedral area which is centered around a church that towers over all other buildings in the area.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:47 am
I usually don't get much Christians preaching to me so once in a while I get the ones that go door to door. It's usually always Jehovah's Witnesses that come to bug me and they scare me enough.

Yet the Mormons are trying to bug me now because I decided I wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon to highlight parts of thanks to The Skeptic's Annotated Bible site, and the King James Bible just because it sounds more creative than my Tyndale 70's copy. At least they call so I can hang up instead of visiting me. lol  

Falhalterra

Random Justin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:15 am
LimeIzMyFaveColor
They better not be making another of those "The Great Awakening!"

I wish us nonreligious people can "ENLIGHTEN" people but that be hypocritical of us. At my school, they have like posters about God and Christianity throughout. There's this girl I know with a sticker that says "One way!" (with a cross and a hand pointing up)

UGH!

haha i really would like to go through a great awakening
ive never been through one of those, and i wouldnt mind getting in some fights with christians.
i find it amusing  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces