Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
OLD VENDING: A look back at the ol' days of Vend profiting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which vend was better?
  Tamcharles says it's the old one. Thus... the old one.
View Results

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:28 pm
I'm going to wait till I'm able to donate real money to Gaia and get lots of sealed letters. Then I'll sell them all at inflated prices. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:13 am
*sigh

Vend glitch..

Unless it's just a lag..

Lost 7k. gonk

Thanks to spawnofebil, 'cause he donated me 7k to make up for it.. heart  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Haromi

5,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:30 pm
$2.50US per Letter....Is it worth it? 10 Letters is $25.00US.
How much do you intend on selling them for? (your inflated rate)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:43 pm
Around about 8000 gold (8000 X 10=80,000) when they first come out. However, if I hold onto them for several months or so and then sell them at 20,000 gold each (20,000 X 10 = 200,000) I would earn an absolute mammoth amount of gold. xd  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:12 am
It doesn't always work like that.. it really depends on the item - several of this year's items have flopped to the 3-5k range.. unless you feel like holding them for aaages I think the best bet, if you're gonna donate, is to sell them on the 25th or whenever they come out.. it depends on the item.. but what does Charlie think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:55 am
Pleeease can we sticky this? heart  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:22 am
Nice guide. ^___^

@Minielf - You don't have to do that.

I find that, say, you earn 6k posting and poll-whoring, or, from past months, yea?
Let's say you have 30k right now. You buy 5 sealeds at 6k (if you can't be bothered to wait for people to sell at 5k in the Wanted, or the Exchange).

Now when the sealeds open or are about to open, the price usually hits around 7k or more depending on how good the item is.

Sell your letters then.

As I've noticed (and most people have), soon the prices plummet to 4-5k (okay, that didn't happen for the kiki, but that's an exception).
So by now, you'd be able to buy the same amount of letters that you originally had back, but THIS time, you have profit left over (or maybe even be able to buy an extra one or two).

3-12 months later and hooray! Those letters got a bit more expensive. ^___^

Then again...that's just my little strategy which probably has a billion flaws. xP

Anyways, if you ARE going to donate then you should not just let the letters sit.
Sell them, buy them back when they are hell low and then sell them when they become higher. ^___^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:33 am
@Darek - I'm sure I've seen you somewhere other than the ICU before.. ninja

Anyhow, it's a good strategy ^^;; just that patience is needed for that kinda thing and I have none.. xp

I probably just made the stupidest mistake ever. stressed Bought Feb 04s at some stupidly inflated price (it was lower than current MP at the time..) and then realised it.. and combined with bank lags and things.. I must've lost around 9k or so.. scream  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:28 am
@Niphredil - Ah. I make A LOT of mistakes. ^^;;
Like...the first ever was selling my NM Scarf for 32k (yes, they cost that much last, last year). I was leaving Gaia for a 'short' hiatus to catch up on my studies.
I should have kept the Scarf, cause now it'd cost 500k+. T___T

Then when I started a new 'money making scheme' (sounds so evil), I bought around 15 March 05s.
It soured to around 8-9k and I quickly sold almost all of them.
A month or so later an whee~, it goes above 30k and I gonk to death. xp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:35 am
Oh gosh. That does sound.. quite depressing. My kiki was (ha) my first ever quest item.. xD 6.7k at the time.. you know, they went up to 50k one spectacular evening..

I'm trying to offer the febs off for other things in hope that other people are as stupid as I am. -_-"  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Saucy Jezz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:34 am
*stickied*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:51 pm
Hey this guide has been re-stickied! At this point, I'm sorry but I'm not active enough on Gaia to get a real feel for the market. I would venture only as far as to recommend items for long-term (+1 year or more) investment... that would be the Dark Halo.

A Sealed Letter strategy that I've used in the past, would be to buy the letter, open the "better item" and sell it for profit. Then repeat. Other than that, I really can't offer any usable short-term advice.  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

[Major General] Andrews

Distinct Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:33 am
Another strategy that I've used before... sadly to mention and share, is to buy up the cheaper donation letters, and just open them (sell the most valuable item like what Charles said) to reduce the amount of unopened letter in the vend to inflate the value, then sell off the remaining unopened letters later on at the inflated price... however, the draw back is if that you have to do this in bulk..... and hopefully someone else hasn't beaten you to it or you'll be netting a loss. wahmbulance wahmbulance domokun domokun pirate  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:35 pm
Hmn.. you need a fairly large capital to do it.. ninja

I'll try and open for the 'better' item, or just sell the letter off as they are..  

Niphredil Ithilmir

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:04 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Hmn.. you need a fairly large capital to do it.. ninja

I'll try and open for the 'better' item, or just sell the letter off as they are..
Hence the rich get richer and the less-fortunate... well... you can't have one without the other right? twisted  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff