So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Forgotten games of importance. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of you know how many other series Nentendo made besides LoZ, Mario, and Sonic?
  me!(with google search)
  me!(without search)
  I think I know..
  no idea.
  None.
View Results

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 pm
Dancing Dame1993
The Betman
Ok, so in your original post, you say there's a problem with new games (including nintendo ones); What is it?
I dunno.. they just seem.. Weird. I mean, Where do you see the former greatness of sonic in any of these newer games? Sonic is laughed at now, Even I laugh at the new games. I miss the old 2-D platformer with the catchy music done by MJ.
Its not quite so bad with LoZ, but Mario is just getting silly.
Mario has made the jump from 2d platformer to 3d platformer seamlessly. Personally I loved Sunshine, enjoyed the s**t outta galaxy, and if I still had a wii I'd at least rent galaxy 2. Sure, there are some games that have no business being made, and Sonic is getting old (and is still not Nintendo's product).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:14 pm
Dancing Dame1993
The Betman
Ok, so in your original post, you say there's a problem with new games (including nintendo ones); What is it?
I dunno.. they just seem.. Weird. I mean, Where do you see the former greatness of sonic in any of these newer games?

Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Chronicles.  

Allegro

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:16 pm
Dancing Dame1993
The Betman
I dunno.. they just seem.. Weird. I mean, Where do you see the former greatness of sonic in any of these newer games? Sonic is laughed at now, Even I laugh at the new games. I miss the old 2-D platformer with the catchy music done by MJ.
Its not quite so bad with LoZ, but Mario is just getting silly.

Sonic is not a Nintendo series.
And, they're making a 2D Sonic game (except it might be just pikachu with a sombrero, derp.) AND HELLO, SONIC RUSH? And Sonic Rush Adventure. They are both 2D Sonic games that hearken back to the Genesis days. If you want classic Sonic, I suggest playing those if you haven't already.
...Silly? Sunshine was fantastic. And Galaxy is amazing and another Galaxy is on the way! And they're making NSMB Wii if you want 2D...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:02 pm
*depressed* I just can't get an opinion without getting bashed along with it anymore.  

FlaxFrost

Friendly Browser

7,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:06 pm
Dancing Dame1993
*depressed* I just can't get an opinion without getting bashed along with it anymore.

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash you >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:52 pm
Idk what to say on this topic, I was born into the N64 era... most of my favorite games were in 3D already.... Minus Pokemon and.... Foiyuh Emblum.  

Tanzama -CCV-

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:07 pm
I'm only just started getting into classic console games, so I can't really say much about them except why did my parents not get me these things when I was a tyke (seriously, classic 2-D are fun and a bit more challenging).

When I started gaming when I was 4 or 5, I started as a PC gamer, playing old MS-DOS games, and id Software games like Doom and Quake. I didn't get into console gaming until I was around 8 or 9 and that's when I got my first console, my N64. I got into console gaming when everything started going 3-D. Now I'm using Virtual Console, Emulators, and old-consoles my older friends have to flashback to the old 8-bit and 16-bit eras that I never got to fully experience when I was a kid.

In short, gaming is gaming, whether it's 2-D or 3-D. And to all those saying games nowadays don't provide a challenge...play Fallout 3 on the second to easiest difficulty or even normal difficulty. You won't feel like an all-powerful God-gamer pwning everything, you'll be stressing while scrambling for cover and Stimpacks in no time at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:29 pm
Speaking of forgotten games (of importance...)

Awesome Possum was the first game ever to feature actual recorded voice clips.  

Beat Bandit

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:57 am
As someone who was born around while the NES was still a spry go-getter, I have unfortuantely missed out on various olden classics over the years.

'Tis why I make it a duty to play games that I never thought I'd ever get to play. I never thought I'd get to play certain classics like SMW again, or even Sonic the Fighters , but here they are in compilations.

I'm still looking forward to what other classics there are to be played.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 am
I think my console collection does a pretty good job of summing up my opinion on this one (yes, I'm whoring out this picture again).

User Image

Like others have said, there's nothing wrong with liking old games and new alike. New isn't always better or worse, just different.  

GuruGuru214

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:22 am
GuruGuru214
I think my console collection does a pretty good job of summing up my opinion on this one (yes, I'm whoring out this picture again).

User Image

Like others have said, there's nothing wrong with liking old games and new alike. New isn't always better or worse, just different.
FEAR THE ALMIGHTY 'TENDO SHELF  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:55 am
EarthBound!  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DivineDragonTiki

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:29 pm
I rember a lot of old games, like Castlevania and Kirby!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:36 pm
Dancing Dame1993

Nobody intends to bash you, most of us just have...less-than-angelic ways of saying "you're wrong."  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

DrQuint

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:07 pm
sweatdrop Well, while she is kind of wrong/kind of right on the greatness part - I mean, come on, some people can be be pissy all they want want, but newer games are as good as old ones - there's no reason to diss either. and of course, there's always some slip ups, but we can try to overlook most, right?

Turning this thread around: Most people have no idea of how great games like... hum.. *picks example off thread* Metroids truly were. But those aren't really forgoten. OP really missed the point she could have made by mentioning still known stuff.
It's other games that got forgotten, and to make the example: How many of you guys even knew about Kid Icarus pre-Brawl release? I did, and only because of the most remote kind of luck. Others still talked about it, but, on average, the game was pretty much obscure everywhere you can poke your nose at online.
How many other games are there that fit this category?
I for once, never heard of this Awesome Possum Beat speaks of. Or maybe I did, but never played or forgot it.

Oh and I know that you guys are making a point with Sonic Rush and Retro, but I thought those were much more on the likes of the not-so-great "Sonic Advance 2" for me to like them - No memorable levels or level construction, too much straightfoward running. I dislike sonic games where the hazards are only enemies in the way you run into without any decent fore-warning, and you can only avoid by "knowing" the level. I consider it a good thing ocasionally, but bad construction if the whole game is about it. Rush Adventure was a bit less of this though.
I prefer to play me some Rom Hacks to be sincere.
Opinions, opinions...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces