Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
There should be a law! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ren_ai_Rei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:56 am
Well if you read an anime magz in a past year you would'v known that they re-dubed the howl series from Sailor Moon to Sailor Moon Super S.
re-dubbing was made by Genion/Pioneer and ADV Films. You can buy the two bow set dvds in you're local HMV or oniline.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:58 am
My friend Sae and I have said, "If we could draw really fast and really good... we would have made a manga by now." I think we draw good.. but it takes hours!  

x~Rei_Hino~x

3,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

animeprincess88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:19 pm
I totally agree!! A lot of the conversation and lines that the people say in the anime get turned around and ruined when they're dubbed! I mean, have you watched an anime movie in English, then put on the subtitles!? The subtitles are different than what the people are saying!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:47 pm
yeah theres alot of bad dubs out there- but just be glad your getting all this anime kiddies :3 there wasn't such a selection in america when I was young ^_^ heart I'm just glad it's being shown regularly and everywhere now- it's almost like it's the thought that counts ^_^  

SteelPatrickHarris

frrobin

Fairy

11,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • PvP 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:40 pm
animeprincess88
I totally agree!! A lot of the conversation and lines that the people say in the anime get turned around and ruined when they're dubbed! I mean, have you watched an anime movie in English, then put on the subtitles!? The subtitles are different than what the people are saying!!
thats happend to me several times >_< i put the subs on when my parents are asleep and i realy wanna watch something xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:18 am
ultra nova
There should be a law that the people in japan who created great animes like sailor moon should freely deside who gets to dub their animes into english its only fair so that veen though geneon would be the richest company in america dealing with animation and places like 4kids and dic wouldn't be then they can hire people to draw their own animes stressed . They put so much hard work into these shows but so many of them are murdered all the time don't they deserve a chance crying ?

I know what you mean. It makes me want to scream and cry at the same time with what those idiots do to all the great animes out there. crying scream  

MikatoSakato

shookoo da cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:11 am
ultra nova
There should be a law that the people in japan who created great animes like sailor moon should freely deside who gets to dub their animes into english its only fair so that veen though geneon would be the richest company in america dealing with animation and places like 4kids and dic wouldn't be then they can hire people to draw their own animes stressed . They put so much hard work into these shows but so many of them are murdered all the time don't they deserve a chance crying ?
alright I lost you at some piont.But i agree with the piont I comepletely understand.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:32 am
If you dub using literal translations, it might be a bit harder and mroe confusing to the American audience. Remember, some things that might make sense in Japan doesn't make sense in English (like if smeone translated a song, they're usually not literal... you have to make it sound nice as well but still keep the same meaning and make it understandable) But at times they take out silly things (like in Orphen, he always chanted a spell before doing an attack, they never showed that in the dub) And there's unnecissary name-change whicha annoys the heck out of me... The problem with 4Kids is that they want to keep it as American as they can. The thing is.. IT'S NOT AMERICAN! >____< That's really the major problem with 4Kids is that they stray away from keeping it authentic Japanese.

Voices sometimes bothers me.... but when I think about it... a Japanese dub is like an American show... they're both in English.. it just depensd on which cast is dubbing, if they are new or not, and how well they do it. Honestly, sometimes the Japanese voices can get on my nerves because they are so high-pitched.. so there are good things and bad things with subs and dubs...

But um.... about that license thing.... Well, no matter who you give it to, you will still run into problems with the dubs not being accurate to the literal translations, and may pick bad casting, some things may still have to be edit as well... (like if it's aired on TV, you may have to cut out things due to time and such) Though 4kids is evil, I can kinda see how they want to make the shows they have, just for kids... and keep it under censhorship and stuff...so they have to edit stuff that may not be suitable for children... just... the culture is different in both countries.... so you can't really help it...  

Minah-myu

nyopchu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:16 am
Solar Kitty-chan
Aki Ameko
chibiayame-sama
awww i know thats so true, its such a tragidy *mumbles under breath* Richard Cox, anywho i support you one hundred percent of the way! 4laugh
Do you have a problem with Richard Cox? He's the voice of Inuyasha, if I remember correctly...

But yeah, 4kids ruined Mew Mew too.... stare

Richard Cox is a great vocie actor as well as actor. I see nothing wrong with him.

And yes, you are remembering right. Richard Cox is the voice behind Inuyasha (Which is why I am SO glad that Ocean Studios in Vancouver is the company behind Inuyasha!) He also does the voices of Tolle Koenig and Shani Andras in Gundam SEED; Tony in Breaker High; Auel Neider in Gundam SEED Destiny; Kai Shiden in Mobile Suit Gundam; Ranma Saotome in Ranma 1/2.
Holy crap! He does all of those voices? He's pretty good. I never would have guessed they were all him. They don't really sound much alike. I mean, you don't know how many times I watched something and could pinpoint Tai's voice. (Digimon)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:48 am
sweatdrop ...................even if there was a "law" like that.......it wouldnt matter.......its not they butcher the dialog like that cause they are retarded........probably 90% of it is.....making it "american" acceptable...........we can watch stupid people get drunk on the real world, or parts of someone getting raped on law and order, or tons of death and killing on some war movie, but those are ok cause mtv only plays theirs at night and law and order has a content warning and war movies are educational. But an Anime that has two girls in a relationship thats wrong for american children to watch. they might turn into lesbians!.........anyway.........maybe......someday............(very sad thing to say) when the people who are in ther mid twentys and lower...........when all thier parents and grand parents die and it is us who are in control maybe things will evolve.......but then again.....they havent much lately.......you still have people who thing that love is about your sexual organs fitting together........still have people that are racist..and so on and so forth........so if it really bugs you move to Japan.......just to watch the anime  

Kotusa

Karasuaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:07 pm
So true.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:15 pm
If you don't like the dubbed version, then watch it subbed. Dubbing doesn't ruin anything, it just makes an alternate way to view the show. If you don't like it, don't watch it, or freaking deal with it.  

Zahmira

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:41 pm
anime rant: it should be illegal to edit, censor, and butcher scripts and footage of anime. there should be a thurough overview with the anime creator watching the entire process, and if the creator doesnt approve then the dubbers have to do as ordered.

in other words: I would call this the artists protection act: the creator of an art(animated series, novels, graphic novels, sculptures, video games, and illustrations of any kind), cannot be edited without a thurough investigation of the edited version of the original product. should the modified version of the product(dubbed anime, translated manga, etc) not meet the requirements of the first party(the artist, manga-ka, creator, etc), then the second party(dubbers, censors, national governments) must labor until the requirements of the first party(artist, manga-ka, otherwise known as creator) are met.(meaning if the FCC doesnt like how your show works, they can take a rabid badger and shove it up their a**!)

to fully translate to simpler terms: if you made something, and you call it your art, regardless of your nation, you get the last say in any editing, dubbing, and censorship, if the redub doesnt suit your liking say if they took out the guns, or put extra attire on a nearly nude character, or changed their gender, you get to give them 2 alternatives: sue their a**, or they have to do it again until they meet your demands. and if the FCC doesnt like it they can take a rabid badger and shove it up their own a**!

political rant: to make sure you all understand, gay-marrige is wrong, and is supposed to be outlawed, the faiths that survive have sacred laws that forbid gay marrige, the ones that permit gay marrige have DIED and are now myth. those who say the people who oppose gay marrige are biggots are really the biggots, as those who oppose gay marrige are adhering to their faith. specialty note: the people who label religious refrences in christmas songs, God, and opposing gay-marrige, as unethical things are the same jerk-offs who claim you should be tolerant of other peoples beleifs, thats right, those people who preach atheism are hypocrites and was the reason the inquisition happened!

so I think I pulled a few heart strings. ^_^ if you like it, maybe we can have it made a bill? if a law identical to this isnt already in effect, then lets see to making it a law.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff