Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]
Crew Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death_God_Sakura

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:25 pm
I like your idea Scrapples, and sorry I became inactive.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:52 pm
so do I, does anyone else think Genin should be able to go to other villages, i mean if they get killed it there fault really so why not?  

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

call_me_ishmail1

Dapper Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 am
Eh. Why not. People have been ignoring it left and right anyway. Might as well let them go do what they want.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:50 pm
Hidden Waterfall Village??? Been toying with this idea for a while. I might be able to find a jutsu list and a map.  

Cain the Blade

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:48 pm
*hits you with the baka stick*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:58 pm
Cain the Blade
Hidden Waterfall Village??? Been toying with this idea for a while. I might be able to find a jutsu list and a map.

*grabs baka tree and whacks Cain with it*

Dude... we cant even get rock to be active.  

Squishy Havock

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Bodhisattva Empress

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:27 am
Okay I have an Idea, (duh xd )

As crew we've seen a lot of "noob battles" as I like to call them.

Those battles where, at least one of the participants don't understand the basics of rp. (The "Dos and Donts" as you may say)

For example what God modding is precisely.

We tend to think every one knows what this is off the back so we simply say in the rules not to do it.

People read and are like, "haha dur oh okay, it means don't make a strong a** character thats like God."

The thought that RP is just strong characters is a common thought but the role player determines how strong the RPC is.

If the Role player chooses to type he uses a technique in such a way the technique can change from C- rank to God mod rank. (in the sense of changing the battle around)

My suggestion is we have a, "hint/tips thread" That goes into detail about role playing situations.

Of course this idea is really more for Mods so that we can debate it first and come to conclusion to post up in this new thread.

If we understand these concepts off the back we can enforce and explain them better to our members.

Also we'd have rp situations figured out so solving them would save time and energy and further educate some of us.

---------------------------------------------------

After that Idea I came up with another.

The rp school never runs smooth in any guild I've been to, so I figured something out that we could try.

We make multiple threads and scenarios that are based off of the hint/tips thread.

In that thread, the first post will explain it's purpose and teachings in as much detail as we mods can possibly come up with.

In that thread the students will reply to the scenario and follow the directions.

If they reply properly they pass. If they don't they stay and receive further help.

NO ONE SLIDES THROUGH THIS process, because if they aren't hitting this on the head it opens up possibilities of causing an issue once they graduate from rp school.

The grammar section can also play a role in this idea. While they solve these scenarios they have to work on grammar and punctuation to a certain degree to pass.

If America spoke and wrote it's first tongue properly role play would go much smoother (As you can see I suck at this as well so when I rp I try to avoid longer sentence structures unless my goal is obvious. This stresses me as a role player some times since I have to rephrase something that I can say clearly but can not type as easily)

-------------------------------------------------

Here is another idea I just got from the last idea.

Instead of banning people or suspending people from the guild which I'm not sure if you guys do, we could simply make the rp school a form of jail/community service/ or w/e you want it to be.

Doing this would help the person who committed an offense and help them fix their rp up so they don't make more mistakes upon return to the In character rp world.

I like to view this as psychiatric help, that is provided in jails and other rehabilitation facilities.
---------------------------------------------------

Another Idea just popped up but I'm not a strong supporter of this idea since it conflicts a bit with the capabilities and dreams of our role players.

Since this could serve as a psychiatric/jail scenario we could give our medical nin a bit more of a purpose.

Since no one heads to the hospital often and we have a great amount of medical nin, we could use them to help out in these threads.

I'm looking at it seems dumb but it was just an idea, can't hurt to post it and see if I inspire someone to build onto it or give others an idea of their own to help with the guild.

~Thank you, for reading

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:48 am
Another idea, we should edit descriptions for these jutsus. They are too general and our members that have a lower level of understanding are abusing them since some of them lack rp skill.

Here's an example/scenario:

ariana x3 xxx
Ariana yawned standing still in her stance, not appearing to be affected by the after image.
eh erm..."
Ariana cleared her throat waiting for him to make his move.
'Trying to teach the boy, the least he can do is strike.'
She thought to herself for a moment

Ice-White-Polar-Bear
Tenkai Haku Kaguya

Hidden Rock Genin

Kai

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"My blade holds the fate of your life"

--KAi appeared behind Ariana putting his katana back in its sheath.Ariana would notice the 12 cuts that appeared almost instantly before he appeared. He had brought the katana down diganoly and verticly and in an X crossing formation to make 7 more cuts across her chest cutting her shirt almost off.He had brought the katanas across the back of her heels in one horizontal slash as he brought it back to where it made 2 cuts 1 inch above the vital spots for her aquelis tendons.Lastly he had brought the katana in an X cross across her back and then just slashed down once more down the middile of the X as three cuts would be on her back cutting thru the back of her shirt."You missed me."Kai quickly made a hand signs as he wiated for Ariana to come back for him.He avoided her vitals,but made it to where the cuts on here tendons would make her much slower,to make her just a bit faster then Kai.--

"Your fate has been decided, are you ready for the end"

((I just did the endless fate but avoided your vitals.Its in the rain weapon style its in the second or thrid stage of one of them

Ok i edited is this better?
))

((The strike outs & bolds are what he added after I told him to re-post))

ariana x3 xxx
((honestly I don't know how to reply to a post like that, since it wasn't legit at all. You failed to explain in what directions you went with the blade to touch me or the transitions between slashes. I mean I could reply but it'd look like your post and I kinda wanted to teach in a legit manner. Be more descriptive please or else it just looks like an auto hit.))

Ice-White-Polar-Bear
((Henjiboshi [Endless Fate] - The user holds his sword behind him and gathers chakra in both his hands and feet then releases it all at once giving him a great up rise in speed and hand quickness as the user vanishes and appears behind you he has already done exactly twelve slashes that could not been seen by the normal eye and each slash is hitting a vital organ or tendon which will result in sudden shock or paralysis.
Rank C
Umm let me see what i can do about that,but it never said anything about that.))

Ice-White-Polar-Bear
((Ok i edited is that better?))

ariana x3 xxx
((lol I really need to talk to bb about these jutsu descriptions xd ))

Ariana's eyes were closed still, once the slashes were to occur she would make the tiniest movements that even a low skilled ninja could perform since they didn't require great speed or professional foot work. It just took great coordination and precision. Taking a pivot step Ariana parried the first strike of the blade with a piercing on her shoulder and bent her knees to force the blade down causing them both to stand still until something gave.

If he didn't explain the directions of the blade, like I asked I would've been left to auto dodge instead of using the other choices at hand, which isn't realistic or acceptable. Role play wasn't for things like those where some one's post is only as good as the description in the sense of flat out usage.

Bodhisattva Empress

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:25 am
After reading Shigure Souen Style , it doesnt even appear to be a sword style. Seems more life staff style, but someone changed it to sword cause they like swords. Because for a genin move to appear behind them and hit vital organs would pretty much kill them. Also some moves like this.

Regular Technique:
Kensho - A simple technique that thrust the blade with powerful force enough to knock the foe off balance.
Rank D

a move like that with a sword could kill someone...not knock them back.

edit: anyway, yeah a move that lets you move so fast you can't be seen by the naked eye...at genin...is way to much.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:45 am
so he shouldn't even have been able to use it anyway with a sword?

Also 12 strikes to vitals before the person can see, is very blunt.

Honestly I think one of these days we all as crew should speak about these jutsus one by one and post our opinions and state why we are okay or not okay with these techniques,clans/bloodlines,summonings, ect.

I know it'd be a lot of work but I mean it could be fun to debate our views until we all come to a conclusion thats balanced.

yes and that is way much for a genin.
I don't think the tecnique should say anything about how many strikes can happen during a time frame sicne anything can go and wouldnt make sense.

If anything it should increase speed to a degree that cant be seen.

The move auto hits by itself no post required

and with all thats aid you might as well not have the jutsu because there already justus that increase speed to a high degree. OS its over populating the guild with unnecessary things as if we don't already have it.  

Bodhisattva Empress

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:56 am
so...with about 200ish ninjutsu, 200 Genjutsu, 100 taijutsu, 25 taijutsu styles, 25 weapons styles, and that not including Bloodline or Clan. I mean most we don't have any problem with, it just the one idiot that comes along and abuses it so we have to ether get rid of it or nurf it. I mean this style has been around almost 6 months, and we just now have problems cause Kai has such hoprrible rp skill and thinks he can actully land it, even though he a genin and your a jonin so you should easily be able to dodge it, and just cause you can't see it doesn't mean you dont sense it. I mean for those who dont even have dojutsu or for those who are at the same level. Wind users could feel the wind presure change, Earth users can feel them moving on the ground, Lightning user can dodge with their super speed, Fire users can jet away.

But ether way I think the only problem is it says "can't be followed by the eye" cause unless you had like the seki-regan or hatake bloodline, someone could easily dodge it. Also 12 slashes is a bit much  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 am
(Is it okay if i trade kai in for a new car or something, he gets too god moddish for me.)

What I am saying is the jutsus that have a short description or have been abused we add to the description or rid of the technique to tell does and don'ts, so when they go to rp they don't repeat the mistakes. (also some jutsus repeat them selves through bloodlines and ect. I just felt since this guilds been around for a long time and this check doesn't occur too often, we can simply over look them. I personally have no problem taking time out to over look repeats and potential misconceptions.

I mean sooner or later this guilds going to be clustered with things that are unused. Like bloodlines that were once used but are longer used since the person who created it uses something else. Also we coudl combine somethings together if we don't want to rid of ideas as long as the people who made it agree. The bloodlines could be combined if their closely knit. Like if I see a bloodline like mine, we could combine it since no ones in my clan. The bloodline could be referred to by the two names.

Kind of what you guys planned to do with the summons.

Bodhisattva Empress

Squishy Havock

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:22 pm
Sadly the thing that Ice lacks is the fact that even if it is not dodgable

Like for example a point blank amaterasu (Just an example)

you still dont say it hits them right away. Well actually I never type that it already hits them right away if I were too use that jutsu I would go

Hideo suddenly made a quick dash that was incredibly fast, so much so that you would have an incredibly hard time to even see him when he moved. As he moved towards his target he pulled out his katana slashing several times in such a rapid motion that it would be hard to see it coming.

There

I'll put the whole samurai like epic I stand behind you and you fall down flat on your face in a pool of blood thing if you let me hit you.

Shall we edit the jutsu to something similar.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm
so would you agree we need to go through jutsus and add detail to them?  

Bodhisattva Empress

Oni_Soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 am
I have an Idea.

Why not create the Village Hidden in the Metal? AND NO...its not what you think.

Upon clearer gazing, my eyes have opened onto a new perspective. Why not create a village that has strictly to do with Weapons and Weapononolgy(I.E. study of weapons). They have hardly any Jutsus but mainly stick to their weapons as their main fighting tool. Ever jutsu that would be created would have to do with their weapon, and alot of it will be Taijutsu.

Its just a thought...I think it would be fun. If you do recall Sasake got his a** handed to him by some one like this.  
Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff