Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Old Contests and Specials
V3 Halloween Party! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

All month long!
  Well, from now until November 1, anyway.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 pm
Yeah, Army of Darkness is actually the third in the Evil Dead series. Of course, they're loosely connected, so it doesn't make a huge difference. The first one is kind of a cult classic, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't mind random crappiness. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:31 am
YW

YAY, random crappiness

(too much hype = too big a let down)
"Hooray! My fragile psyche is saved by my complete lack of standards!"  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 pm
Huh...the things you learn. I never knew that...hey not like Army of Darkness is anywhere near a cinematic masterpiece I mean that sucker is pretty crappy too, but it's still funny. Heck I think it's even funnier because of that! If it's as good as the 3rd then it's worth getting if not then eh I wouldn't. So what do you say purple as good as the 3rd or not as?

Dude: *nods* So true so true! Things get so hyped up then you watch it or play it and it never reaches the hype so sad. *laughs* That motto was awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:51 am
yeah.

I got that motto off of a comic page from a webcomic called "real life comics" that purple showed me.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:03 am
Well, they're hard to compare, really, cuz they're so different. The third is obviously meant to be bad in a "it's so bad it's good" kind of way. It's meant to be tongue-in-cheek, making fun of itself. The first one tried to be more serious, so it's not as funny. But it's still got some pretty iconic scenes. It also has a sort of student-film feel to it, but it's still pretty graphic. (Those with weak stomachs need not apply.) It's pretty gory, even if the gore is extremely fake-looking, but it's not meant to be like "haha, look how fake it is." But more than that, it's the situations themselves that are disturbing. Case in point, one of the characters gets raped by a tree. eek Not only is that disturbing in itself, but I spent the rest of the movie thinking, "Splinters!! gonk "

I think the first Evil Dead is best described as an overwhelming sense of discomfort. xd If you don't mind random crappiness and don't squirm too easily, I recommend it. But I really don't know how to compare it to Army of Darkness. Despite being in the same movie series, the two movies are so different in tone that I can't say which one is better. It kinda depends on what kind of movie you want to watch. Evil Dead is more like true horror, while Army of Darkness is more like comedy.

Evil Dead 2 is like the transitional film between the first and third ones. It's part horror, part comedy, like they couldn't make up their minds what kind of movie to make.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:51 pm
*nods* Hm...I see thank you Purple that was very informative! I think I'll just stick with Army of Darkness I enjoyed that one. I have no problem with gore and such but now I'm with you I'm thinking more about the splinters and how would you ever get those out? I mean seriously! Dude not to mention walking with that...my god! Okay now I'm going to be thinking about that for awhile thank you.

Thanks I'll stick with just Army of Darkness, thanks for the info though. ^_^  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:33 am
Well, if it makes you feel any better, that girl died later in the movie, so no more worries about splinters! Lol. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:18 pm
I suppose it's true what they say.

"there are some things that are so much worse then death"  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:38 pm
I totally agree dude! Like wow...just wow!!!

Purple thank you for confirming that I was hoping so but still nice to know for sure, but still that poor girl! Wow...just...wow...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:04 am
I still haven't seen any of those movies.
I want to watch them just to see the chainsaw dude.
(so I can finally know what people are talking about)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 am
Does anyone have any music that they listen to for Halloween? I've got a whole mix cd that I put together a while back. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:33 pm
Purple: Oh that is to cool! I've got a few songs but I haven't found enough yet to make my own CD. *chuckles* But eventually I'll have one some day I'm sure. ^_^

Dude: You've never seen Army of Darkness!? Oh for the love of the dark goddess Purple tell me you have this movie and force him to watch it will ya! You're missing out man it's hilarious...well I think it is. It's so cheesy it's funny!  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 pm
You just have to know where to look. My collection includes music from movie soundtracks, Celtic music, and old traditions like Monster Mash. It's quite a mash-up. whee

And yeah, I do have Army of Darkness. I'll make sure he watches it. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:52 pm
I'll get around to it eventually ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:14 pm
Let me see I've got "Horror Show" and "This is Halloween" and "Haunted Nursery" as well as "Russian Lullabye". *shrugs* They're a few odd songs but some of them can be quite creepy and they're very enjoyable for the holiday feel. twisted

Okay good cause he needs to see that movie. ^_^

Dude: No doubt man! ^_^ I'm just making sure.  
Old Contests and Specials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff