Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
zoisite Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:16 am
U+K
i was because in the manga they are all guys and used to be guardians on the moon and were the 'lovers' of the soilor scouts ....

Um... well, that was only in the manga; in the anime, Zoicite and Kunzite were lovers. I consider that to be more relevant, in this case, since he was only changed to a woman in the English version of the anime. And, in fact, that was the reason for it. They had to have some way to cover up the fact that these two male characters are obviously romantically involved, so they changed Zoicite into a woman. As feminine as his mannerisms are, it would almost be believable... if it weren't for the fact that he is still broad-shouldered and flat-chested. ^^;

As for being upset by it... well, I can't say that I particularly am, since it's been many years since I watched the "Sailor Moon" dub, and I never intend to do so again. *shrug* Changes like that unfortunately seem to be a necessary evil. I hope that this will someday not be the case.

On a completely unrelated note (or not?), I like your signature. Angel has always been one of my favourite RENT characters. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:43 pm
heheh it was totally obvious that fish eye was male in the dub.. I mean there was an episode with a whole SCENE (he was with a clothing designer) and they actually had him standing there topless
it was so blatant it was like a slap in the face..
User Image  

SteelPatrickHarris

SteelPatrickHarris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:05 pm
haha! that inspired me to make a new gif for my siggy!! lol!!
go fisheye!!! heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:58 pm
gonk My poor Mamo-chan! *Goes to rescue him from Fish Eye.*  

Amaya_Moriko

Eternal Senshi

31,290 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:12 pm
>> Everyone wants Mamo-chan. *doesn't blame them and therefore steals Mamoru.*

<.< M~ine heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:22 pm
Toast_Lady
You have to admit though, they did a convincing job of presenting Zoicite as a woman. I didn't even think twice about "her" lack of breasts. xd

LOL! yeah they even did a gender change on fish eye? Sadly I didn't know any of this till I went to some sailormoon fan site with all the uncensored things on it. Yeah the American dub version of Neptune and Uranus was pretty nasty. THey made them out of character and made it even seem like incest >.<. Anywho yeah they had Neptune said mean things to Usagi like, Meat ball alert?! But yeah, Clover and Dic the company are eviiil..  

Blissful Oblivion

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:34 pm
Blissful Oblivion
Anywho yeah they had Neptune said mean things to Usagi like, Meat ball alert?!

I was even more irritated by that than I was by them being made into cousins! At least I can understand why they would feel the need to cover up Haruka and Michiru's relationship, regardless of whether I agree with it or not. But what was the purpose of changing Michiru's personality? In the original, she was only complimentary of the younger girls (particularly Usagi), so why they would suddenly have her make comments like that is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:06 am
U+K
was anyone else upset that in the show Sailor Moon they made Zoisite a girl?

i was because in the manga they are all guys and used to be guardians on the moon and were the 'lovers' of the soilor scouts ....

did they explain in the series why they were bad on earth?
Don't even get me started on the dub. That's just beyond horrific. stare Never did care for the dub. (And I'm guessing you're a Gackt fan? xd )  

Mienai Kitsune

whore27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:48 pm
yeah that kinda botherd me too i think that they should stay true to the manga .......i can't really remember if they did every explain it ....i don't know it's been a while i've been reading the mangas most of the time now  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:23 am
They just made the Dark Kingdom's people minions in the anime, less personal I guess... plus Zoicite & Kunzite were in a relationship in the anime, I guess it was just a different way of doing character development~ But we all remember how they made Fish Eye a girl too, they just don't want little kids thinking being gay is okay because we all know if it was actually accepted the world would be thrown outta whack... um ya, just a little bitter but at least Naoko likes homo's she made 2 of her senshi that way... heart  

User_8572

Majoanma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:44 pm
The manga is soo different from the show....why is that? Not just the name changes but like da whole story almost.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:48 pm
Zahmira
Zoisite and Fisheye weren't the only one's to get gender changes. Don't forget about Zirconia. Except she went the other way and became a man in English.

About the Shitennou being lovers of the Senshi: I thought the only basis for that was the artbook picture...

I don't think Cloverleaf ever said Zirconia was man or woman in SuperS... They let the audience figure her out. She had a woman voice actor though.

Read Code Name wa Sailor V mrgreen There's hints in that of at least Kunzite x Venus-hime  

Syndrama

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:41 pm
Majoanma
The manga is soo different from the show....why is that? Not just the name changes but like da whole story almost.

I read in a Sailor Moon manga in one of the small interviews of Naoko, she said that the anime was most controlled by men, she had say but not much. They most made some of the big changes in the anime. She kept true to her ideas in the manga which she wrote for women and the anime was targeted for both men and women... not sure if that helps but thats what I read.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:45 pm
~Alechsa~
Zahmira
Zoisite and Fisheye weren't the only one's to get gender changes. Don't forget about Zirconia. Except she went the other way and became a man in English.

About the Shitennou being lovers of the Senshi: I thought the only basis for that was the artbook picture...

I don't think Cloverleaf ever said Zirconia was man or woman in SuperS... They let the audience figure her out. She had a woman voice actor though.

Read Code Name wa Sailor V mrgreen There's hints in that of at least Kunzite x Venus-hime

Oh and Jadeite in that one small manga chapter thing of Rei and her dad's buisness partner, it was at the end of book 11 with the ice queen!!  

User_8572

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces