Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Ghosts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 pm
Labyrinthknight7
I believe ghosts exist as a trick of the mind for people who expect or desire supernatural phenomenon. Much of the brain is unknown, so it's plausible for nerve sensations (cold touch, goosebumps), as well as sights of "specral images".

Exactly my friend. The same way a brain can fake you having a disease.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:19 pm
Emerald Warrior Jewel
I have a ghost. Percy hes very protective of me... and my dogs a werewolf... and my teachers is a vampires, shes been at my school since it was built... And my dads sasquatch...
I believe in it... and all of these are true... very true... Im not lieing...

>.> * Does not believe a single bit. *  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Emerald Warrior Jewel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 pm
Sweetheart your a jackass... Mind, body, soul, and heart, work together, you cant have one not have another, improbable...
Same coin... as I said above... you cant have one and not have another... No Im in trig, in 9th grade Im 14... I skipped 3 grades of math... its hard right now... since she didnt explain it to us... or at lest the right way... Thats why Im confused...
No I told you, not him... He doesnt really care... hes just more annoying, thus he hates the fact you dont believe him...
Im not trying to tell you to believe... you keep going off topic... I told my side of the story... and your just being a jackass...
If this was Christianity I be telling you your going to hell... not trying to give my argument... but your a jackass... so Im not going to try to reason with some one who wont be reasonable...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:25 pm
Captain_Shinzo
Emerald Warrior Jewel
I have a ghost. Percy hes very protective of me... and my dogs a werewolf... and my teachers is a vampires, shes been at my school since it was built... And my dads sasquatch...

You dont have to believe... thats just my statement... If you wherent such a toerag youd realize that...  

Emerald Warrior Jewel

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:38 pm
Emerald Warrior Jewel
Sweetheart your a jackass... Mind, body, soul, and heart, work together, you cant have one not have another, improbable...
Same coin... as I said above... you cant have one and not have another... No Im in trig, in 9th grade Im 14... I skipped 3 grades of math... its hard right now... since she didnt explain it to us... or at lest the right way... Thats why Im confused...
No I told you, not him... He doesnt really care... hes just more annoying, thus he hates the fact you dont believe him...
Im not trying to tell you to believe... you keep going off topic... I told my side of the story... and your just being a jackass...
If this was Christianity I be telling you your going to hell... not trying to give my argument... but your a jackass... so Im not going to try to reason with some one who wont be reasonable...

First off, who is calling someone names and throwing insults?
I'm having a calm conversation with you and your throwing it all off.
I was implying on what you made it SOUND like. Your brought math into this when it didn't needed to be.

Percys doesn't care yet he hates me? That means he has to give a rats a**. If he DIDN'T care, as I said before, he would have just ignored me.

You aren't telling me to believe but you are trying to tell me that something exists without a shed of proof. I can't believe in that.

As for going off topic, all I did was answer all of which you have said. That isn't going off topic, that is replying to you and what you have stated.

Your telling your side of the story yet I can't tell mine without being called names?

Correction, if this was Christianity then you would be saying that SAYING that Atheist are going to hell. Giving a statement and an argument are close to one of the same.

Names again? I find this very ignorant of you.

So because you can't find evidence that your claim is correct, I'm considered not only a jackass but unreasonable?

Listen, I will come out and say it. If I said ANYTHING that may have seemed offensive, I apologize.

However, I did not bluntly insult you nor did I call you names. what gives you the right to do that to me?

If I'm not reasonable, it is because I can't just believe in your claims JUST BECAUSE you tell me.
I find humanity a metaphor and morals an intelligence issue.
I find that the ghosts don't exist.
I find that Percys contradicts himself.

If you tell me just because I believe in things then I am a jackass because I wont believe in yours? That would be like me calling you a maniacal whore because you don't believe in my ideas.
Of course I'm not calling you this but using it as an example.

The point I am trying to make to you that your not getting is that I don't just believe in what I am told.

If a guy randomly tells me a dog s**t under my bed, I wont believe it without looking.
However, the matter of point that this is a random stranger, my doors are locked, and I don't own a dog kinda tell me not to believe this stranger.
Do you get what I'm saying or am I a jackass?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:42 pm
Emerald Warrior Jewel
Captain_Shinzo
Emerald Warrior Jewel

You dont have to believe... thats just my statement... If you wherent such a toerag youd realize that...

Awesome. Calling people names again. I find that old. :{
Then again, you are wrong.
Reason? I'm not a " toerag " because I never said you told us to believe. I merely stated that it made no sense to me yet, for some reason, stating this leads to you calling me names. I find this rude and un-needed.
I'm tired of these constant insults and names you keep hurling at me and if it keeps up then I wont hold back on the argument. We don't need to have a big argument, however, if you would stop with the rudeness.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Emerald Warrior Jewel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:47 pm
He is ignoring you... but Ghosts have feelings too... well mine does...
And those are opinions which are fine... mine are opinions to...
And every one calls me whore... its my nickname at school... B/C Im an Atheist yeah... thats a compliment... Slut now thats an insult...

I want to tell you a true story.
My friend came over... she didnt know about Percy. She thought my house was normal. First time was fine, second cool. Third time Percy touched her. She jumped 6 foot over me and onto my bed... I told her about Percy after the fact...
Another friend comes over... she doesnt know either... same thing...

So your story of it being of the mind... it wasnt in this case... because they didnt even know...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:49 pm
Captain_Shinzo
Emerald Warrior Jewel
Captain_Shinzo
Emerald Warrior Jewel

Reason? I'm not a " toerag " because I never said you told us to believe. I merely stated that it made no sense to me yet, for some reason, stating this leads to you calling me names. I find this rude and un-needed.
I'm tired of these constant insults and names you keep hurling at me and if it keeps up then I wont hold back on the argument. We don't need to have a big argument, however, if you would stop with the rudeness.

*SIGH* I wrote that just after the first one... so that doesnt really count... I was going to write something worse...  

Emerald Warrior Jewel

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 pm
Your ghost may have feelings but he shouldn't hate people who don't believe in him because they do not have a shed of evidence.
I when I called you a whore, it was to give an example of insulting someone, which you did. You called me a jackass, stating I was acting foolish and stupid. However, I was reacting the exact opposite.

Continuing further, I never said it was in your mind. However, I said I didn't believe you. Mostly because I have no proof, as I keep saying.
The only thing you are giving me is just your words and story, which I have said again and again, wont convince me and never will.
If I saw him or knew I felt him then that is fine and dandy and MAYBE I would, but till then those words wont cut it for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:55 pm
Emerald Warrior Jewel
Captain_Shinzo
Emerald Warrior Jewel
Captain_Shinzo
Emerald Warrior Jewel

*SIGH* I wrote that just after the first one... so that doesnt really count... I was going to write something worse...

Telling me you were going to write something worse does not make me feel better nor does it disregard the fact that you have called me names and insulted me when I have not done such to you.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Emerald Warrior Jewel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:57 pm
Fine agree to disagree... and the only reason Im saying this... is my roomie is getting pissed off at me for kicking him in the back... every time I type... And no hes not Percy...
And I know that...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:58 pm
Agree to disagree it is. Mostly because being called a jackass showed that I can't have a friendly debate with you without insults.
No, I'm not being mean. This is just what you have showed me.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Emerald Warrior Jewel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:02 pm
Captain_Shinzo
Agree to disagree it is. Mostly because being called a jackass showed that I can't have a friendly debate with you without insults.

Im 14 with the mentaly age of 5 who can read on a collage level, and do trig... its being mean to me...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:12 pm
Emerald Warrior Jewel
Captain_Shinzo

Im 14 with the mentaly age of 5 who can read on a collage level, and do trig... its being mean to me...

But was it as bad as what you said to me?
Do you expect me NOT to point out what you said?
Do you expect me to NOT reply to your insults?
Do you expect me to just sit around like you even apologize?

I'm sure what you said to me wasn't NEARLY as hurtful as what you said. No, it was pretty much nothing. Compliments really. >.> * Sarcastic. *

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Emerald Warrior Jewel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:23 pm
Captain_Shinzo
Emerald Warrior Jewel
Captain_Shinzo

But was it as bad as what you said to me?
Do you expect me NOT to point out what you said?
Do you expect me to NOT reply to your insults?
Do you expect me to just sit around like you even apologize?

I'm sure what you said to me wasn't NEARLY as hurtful as what you said. No, it was pretty much nothing. Compliments really. >.> * Sarcastic. *

What I said wasnt nearly as hurtful as what I said?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff