Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:48 pm
Meta_Fish
dragn99
Actually Fish, Blu-Ray is the new "official" video standard.
I was under the impression Sony had some kind of ownership of Blu-Ray in someway, but I don't think that's the case. So it seems logical that the next Nintendo console would move up to the next disc format, because I can't imagine them releasing another one with DVD.

I think Blu-Ray was Sony's proprietary format and HD DVD belonged to Toshiba. I couldn't say for certain, though, and now that Toshiba's backed out and Blu-Ray is the only high definition video disc standard, I don't know how much hold Sony still has over it.

As for the idea... I think it's still early yet for a new console. On the other hand, I think it's still early yet for a new handheld, and yet here we are with the DSi XL.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:16 pm
xNecrosisxKyttix
_
Your rage will get you no where.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:58 pm
Sounds like bullshit. Nintendo just expanded their lifecycle by atleast 2 years with motionplus, and the demographic of half of their products would be totally alienated by a sudden shift in technology like this.

Plus... Trade in? I'm sorry, that's bullshit.

SO YEAH! NINTENDO IS RELEASING A DS THAT LITERALLY PRINTS MONEY!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:12 pm
Bull.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:23 pm
I bet they're getting a lot of nice hits from this "leak"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:17 am
WTF?! I don't think I believe this rumor? It would have been all over the place.  

loving_sorrow

Anxious Citizen

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:19 pm
xNecrosisxKyttix
******** your s**t Im keeping my original Wii I waited too long to get it by saving up my shitty paychecks and no amount of blu ray crap is gonna make me trade it in >_
Chill out, it's totally bogus. Apparently, neither Sony, Nintendo, or XBox is going to release another system for something like 2 years.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:44 pm
I highly doubt this rumor. If not for anything else, it's for the fact that they say the new system would be out next year. Nintendo would be stupid to do that since the Wii is still selling like hotcakes.  

Masamune 5.0

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:14 pm
GrowingDandelion
xNecrosisxKyttix
******** your s**t Im keeping my original Wii I waited too long to get it by saving up my shitty paychecks and no amount of blu ray crap is gonna make me trade it in >_
Chill out, it's totally bogus. Apparently, neither Sony, Nintendo, or XBox is going to release another system for something like 2 years.
You never know. One company could show off a console at next year's E3 and then release it about November. Sounds like something Microsoft would do.

Masamune 5.0
I highly doubt this rumor. If not for anything else, it's for the fact that they say the new system would be out next year. Nintendo would be stupid to do that since the Wii is still selling like hotcakes.
The Wii's actually slowing down in sales, though. It's still selling phenomonally, but it's started to slow down in both Japan and the US. Still, I don't think that means they'll release a new console just yet.

I think the most telling reasoning is that there are a bunch of good titles coming out next year, plus titles we know are coming but haven't been officially announced or shown. I'd say the Wii at least has 2010 to go before a new one hits.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 am
I_love_Inuyasha1
Wii "2"? It should be Wii²
wink
Get it? Wii Wii?

I concur.  

Sheik_6669

Interesting Gaian

3,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:34 pm
as long as it doesn't become the iWii. >_> mac is great and all, but the best GAMING operating system or code writing software is NOT on a mac.

also i believe the Wii will last till 12/21/2012
cause the world will ******** END IN THE MAD DASH FOR THE NEXT CONSOLE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLoL  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:21 pm
Part of what makes Nintendo so much fun to talk about anymore is that you really don't know what they'll do next at all.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:10 pm
Meta_Fish
Part of what makes Nintendo so much fun to talk about anymore is that you really don't know what they'll do next at all.
HOLY s**t CONTROLLERS WITH WATER IN THEM!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:12 pm
~Xiloscent~
Meta_Fish
HOLY s**t CONTROLLERS WITH WATER IN THEM!

xd Ahahaha. INNOVATION! After Wii 2 you'll wonder how you ever played games without a waterlogged controller!  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:09 pm
I don't think Microsoft is so dumb to announce a system and then be like, and guess what, it's COMING OUT IN 4 MONTHS!
OKAY THIRD PARTY, WHERE ARE MY GAMES?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces