Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
scene kids? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scene orrr emo?!?
  scene:)
  emo;_;
View Results

JaredWinterfresh17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:39 pm
serjtankian_is_god
JaredWinterfresh17
Scene is based off of the group of people that listen to metalcore and deathcore. Meaning that The people that are reffered as scene belong to the metalcore/deathcore scene.
It basicaly means that they like that kind of music.[/quote

If you look at different scene's, like emo kids, it seems a majority seem to think its not only based on what you listen to; its what you look like how you act and what you do.

I mean, unless you love Slipknot and are a Maggot. rolleyes

I actually don't believe in "emo" or "scene". Its what people call themselves, things based on a ******** genre of music. But this is what kids are turning this s**t into.

Basically

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 pm
serjtankian_is_god

But if your talking about SCENE, the MUSIC GENRE, then this is a completely different story.

Putting aside the rest of your post, what ******** is this? When did scene become a genre?  

Art Payment

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:53 pm
Moonlight Agony
serjtankian_is_god

But if your talking about SCENE, the MUSIC GENRE, then this is a completely different story.

Putting aside the rest of your post, what ******** is this? When did scene become a genre?
User Image

Isn't it?
I don't ******** know what the people consider 'scene' the deathcore s**t I don't know?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:05 pm
No, deathcore is the music, but then it has a scene.
There are many music scenes.
Back in the 80's there was a hardcore scene.
There is a country scene.
There is a rap scene.
The word scene describes the people around the type of music.  

JaredWinterfresh17

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm
JaredWinterfresh17
No, deathcore is the music, but then it has a scene.
There are many music scenes.
Back in the 80's there was a hardcore scene.
There is a country scene.
There is a rap scene.
The word scene describes the people around the type of music.
User Image

All I know is basically what scene looks like, and its a happy "emo" s**t scene.

But the Deathcore genre has the scene "scene".
So even if I'm not correct by saying this the "scene" genre I'm referring to is Deathcore.

If thats what 'scene' kids listen to?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:19 pm
Dude, don't listen to me.
I have no clue what I'm talking about. I'm a total cocky hipster.
Moonlight knows what he's talking about. ask him.  

JaredWinterfresh17

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:21 pm
JaredWinterfresh17
User Image

D:
Ah well he should get back here then.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 pm
JaredWinterfresh17

I'm just some old Romanian. But yes there is no scene genre.

Deathcore kids are normally dubbed "br00tal" kids.  

Art Payment

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 pm
Moonlight Agony
JaredWinterfresh17

I'm just some old Romanian. But yes there is no scene genre.

Deathcore kids are normally dubbed "br00tal" kids.
User Image

So what does "scene" mean to you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:18 pm
Scene is generally what is popular.
For example, a couple years back scenesters were all into MCR and s**t like that, now they're all "hardcore" and listen to metalcore and deathcore (which is a redundant genre).

Basically scene kids jump from scene to scene, whatever is big, whatever is in at the time. It's a hollow existence.

However, scene can also be used as a synonym for subculture. Or used to describe a certain place, i.e. "I dug the scene at the party last night".  

[Hollow Point]

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:28 pm
[Hollow Point]
For example, a couple years back scenesters were all into MCR and s**t like that, now they're all "hardcore" and listen to metalcore and deathcore (which is a redundant genre).

Basically scene kids jump from scene to scene, whatever is big, whatever is in at the time. It's a hollow existence.

However, scene can also be used as a synonym for subculture. Or used to describe a certain place, i.e. "I dug the scene at the party last night".
User Image

Scene never really interested me.
But its interesting to hear that. I wouldn't have guessed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:04 pm
[Hollow Point]

dude mcr is EMO! so what you said makes no sense and scene is more like a fasion trend then a style of music i know scene kids who listen to rap s**t i listen to rap sooo idk what yall are tripin about all i was askin in the begining of this was who else considerd themselves scene damn does every thing have to be a debate on this site  

Killamanjaro14

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:33 am
Killamanjaro14
[Hollow Point]

dude mcr is EMO! so what you said makes no sense and scene is more like a fasion trend then a style of music i know scene kids who listen to rap s**t i listen to rap sooo idk what yall are tripin about all i was askin in the begining of this was who else considerd themselves scene damn does every thing have to be a debate on this site
You have to be ******** retarded. Both the things you said, and how you said them.

MCR themselves have said they aren't emo. Emo is a genre of music, not a ******** scene. You obviously know nothing of either.

With me around. Yeah. Until you ******** morons learn what the ******** you're talking about. Scene is and always has been a bad thing unless you're a retarded 9th grader. Emo has and always will be a genre of music and nothing else. It's sad that I, a fervent anti-emo know more about emo than you ******** people.

God, learn what you're talking about. Learn to spell. Get over this petty high school s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:17 pm
[Hollow Point]
I was under the impression this guild was about the real emo, not the bullshit.

well you can tell the real ''emo'' (''cutters'') from the ''scene'' people, there is a difference. most of the ones here are not emo, they just like to lable themselves for attention  

Im Diggin That Dope

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 pm
HannahTheKitty
[Hollow Point]
I was under the impression this guild was about the real emo, not the bullshit.

well you can tell the real ''emo'' (''cutters'') from the ''scene'' people, there is a difference. most of the ones here are not emo, they just like to lable themselves for attention
What's funny is you say that with contempt as if you're an exception.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games