Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Should we do something for Thanksgiving? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:19 pm
This guild gives me t3h rofl lulz sometimes. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:12 pm
*blinks and controls self*

Anyway...

Bro: I could understand that. I mean it's not like I'm not going to celebrate it and I enjoy the holiday after all I don't get turkey except at Thanksgiving so I'm sure not going to miss that holiday. *chuckles* And it is still a nice reason for us to celebrate something.

Purple: Yeah, I could get behind that. Seriously something a bit lower key and nice Fall celebration would be nice! I'm down for that! *shrugs* Don't look at me I picked no and noticed there was like a ton of Yes picked but people were against the idea in the posts I didn't get it either but thought it was just me.

Dude: *chuckles* Ah, I see. I think I was teasing with ya too but I can't remember now. sweatdrop *nods* Seriously I know! I mean for the love of all that is dark! If you celebrate whatever holiday you should have the right to wish someone else a happy *insert holiday here* and if they don't celebrate it they can wish you a happy *insert holiday here* and all should be good, but NOOOOO we're all about being politically correct. You know what I say to that? Politically correct this! *flips them the double bird* Okay I feel better. You know what I say! "Merry Freakin Christmas!" And I think my dear sweet Vinny baby puts it best...

User Image

Anyone got any questions?  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:32 am
Iakun: That's how a guild should be ^.^

MR: I like how you put it. (I hate people that are so sensitive about that "politically correct" garbage) If we have to put up with their bullsh** then they should have to do the same. (and tough kumquats)

I love that picture, it's like...
Merry Christmas, but I'll kick your A** anyway - LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:40 pm
Iakun
This guild gives me t3h rofl lulz sometimes. xd
Yup.  

aamiller321

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:58 pm
Bro: Dude is right that's how a guild should be one that you enjoy and makes you just laugh out right every now and again or maybe even more. ^_^

Dude: *bows* Why thank you I like how I put it too. *chuckles* But seriously I hear ya it's not even right how obsessed people are about being politically correct. Celebrate your holiday love it enjoy it share it feel it whatever you do for it be happy man! Okay anyway before I go on a rant which eventually turns into a tirade... *smiles* Thank you that my Christmas picture on my computer every December. 4laugh Isn't he cute!? *giggles* The first thought when I saw it was "Merry Freakin Christmas now enjoy it before I blow your brains out." And I loved it so I saved it and it's my desk top picture for the entire December month. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:08 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl WTF @ the Vincent picture. It made me roflmao.

Purple;
      I think an "end of autumn" celebration wouldn't be bad. 4laugh

Dude;
      Boxing Day is a British//Canadian gift exchange day after Christmas.

[ rinioa ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Iakun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:36 pm
Oh it's British too? I thought it was just Canadian. I remember talking to sis on the phone once about boxing day and she was like, um what's that lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 pm
Moonracer
Dude: *bows* Why thank you I like how I put it too. *chuckles* But seriously I hear ya it's not even right how obsessed people are about being politically correct. Celebrate your holiday love it enjoy it share it feel it whatever you do for it be happy man! Okay anyway before I go on a rant which eventually turns into a tirade... *smiles* Thank you that my Christmas picture on my computer every December. 4laugh Isn't he cute!? *giggles* The first thought when I saw it was "Merry Freakin Christmas now enjoy it before I blow your brains out." And I loved it so I saved it and it's my desk top picture for the entire December month. blaugh

And that's how holidays should be celebrated.
Then you won't mind if I copy it from you...
LOL

Rinioa

Dude;

[ rinioa ]

Awesome!
I would celebrate every holiday in the world if I could.
Except Ramadan, I wouldn't be able to survive the whole fasting thing.
^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:27 pm
Okay, ease back on the PC-bashing, you two. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be sensitive to other people's cultures and holidays. I admit the corporate powers and PC people tend to go to extremes, and I don't agree with their methods, but I agree with the sentiment. I don't have a problem with people saying Merry Christmas, but I don't have a problem with saying Happy Holidays, either. Freedom of speech, baby. Requiring someone to say one specific thing isn't right, but there are people on both sides of this issue trying to do that, so nobody's right here. And not everyone does celebrate Christmas, you know.

On a related note, all this discussion has given me an idea! surprised Let's make a list of all the holidays V3 members celebrate and see how it shapes up. Like:

New Year Day
Groundhog Day
Valentine's Day
St. Patrick's Day
Spring Equinox
Memorial Day
Mother's Day
Father's Day
Summer Solstice
Independence Day (USA)
Labor Day
Autumn Equinox
Halloween
Thanksgiving (USA)
Winter Solstice
Christmas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Mmmhmm, Boxing Day is British as well. whee I know quite a lot of people who celebrate that instead of Christmas.

Celebrating holidays are fun, even if they are religious ones that you're not really part of. xP!

Purple;
      Veteran's Day (nov 11) -2009
      Chanukkah (dec 12) -2009
      Easter (april 4) - 2010
      Passover (march 30) -2010
      Dia de los muertos (nov1) -2010
      Chinese New Year [Tiger] (feb 14) -2010

[ rinioa ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:16 pm
Okay I think I found a new topic for the In depth section...

*blinks* OMG I totally forgot to tell you that Dude. Yeah seriously Boxing day is the day after Christmas where they...I forgot what you do... My little brother explained it to me and the first time he ever talked about it I was like, "What day?" *laughs*

Purple give me a bit and I could through up some dates too for holidays. Though I have a question...you probably don't want the holidays only I celebrate do you? *nods* Yes, sometimes I make up my own holidays...hey I made up my own religion why not?

Dude: *shakes head* No, I don't mind if you save it to your computer and use it. You should see half the pictures I have most of them are just fun ones...should have put up the Thanksgiving one I have... Anyway, yeah feel free to save and use as you like my baby doesn't mind. xd Yes, I'm certifiably nuts and proud about it. twisted

Rini: Glad ya liked my picture. It was suppose to bring some cheer. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:00 am
Good, the extended discussions section needs something new haha  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:47 am
purpleravenhawk
Okay, ease back on the PC-bashing, you two. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be sensitive to other people's cultures and holidays. I admit the corporate powers and PC people tend to go to extremes, and I don't agree with their methods, but I agree with the sentiment. I don't have a problem with people saying Merry Christmas, but I don't have a problem with saying Happy Holidays, either. Freedom of speech, baby. Requiring someone to say one specific thing isn't right, but there are people on both sides of this issue trying to do that, so nobody's right here. And not everyone does celebrate Christmas, you know.

On a related note, all this discussion has given me an idea! surprised Let's make a list of all the holidays V3 members celebrate and see how it shapes up. Like:

New Year Day
Groundhog Day
Valentine's Day
St. Patrick's Day
Spring Equinox
Memorial Day
Mother's Day
Father's Day
Summer Solstice
Independence Day (USA)
Labor Day
Autumn Equinox
Halloween
Thanksgiving (USA)
Winter Solstice
Christmas

Yeah sorry about that. I lose my head alot over things that involve censorship and political correctness. (an appology to all)
YAY, Let';s make a list.

Rinioa

Mmmhmm, Boxing Day is British as well. whee I know quite a lot of people who celebrate that instead of Christmas.

Celebrating holidays are fun, even if they are religious ones that you're not really part of. xP!

Purple;
      Veteran's Day (nov 11) -2009
      Chanukkah (dec 12) -2009
      Easter (april 4) - 2010
      Passover (march 30) -2010
      Dia de los muertos (nov1) -2010
      Chinese New Year [Tiger] (feb 14) -2010

[ rinioa ]

W007, more !deas.

Moonracer
Okay I think I found a new topic for the In depth section...

*blinks* OMG I totally forgot to tell you that Dude. Yeah seriously Boxing day is the day after Christmas where they...I forgot what you do... My little brother explained it to me and the first time he ever talked about it I was like, "What day?" *laughs*

Dude: *shakes head* No, I don't mind if you save it to your computer and use it. You should see half the pictures I have most of them are just fun ones...should have put up the Thanksgiving one I have... Anyway, yeah feel free to save and use as you like my baby doesn't mind. xd Yes, I'm certifiably nuts and proud about it. twisted

Cool, THX. We're all a little nuts ^.^

Iakun
Good, the extended discussions section needs something new haha

LOL

Hey, what about...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_holidays_by_country  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:38 pm
xwhateverxdudex
Moonracer

And that's how holidays should be celebrated.
Then you won't mind if I copy it from you...
LOL

Rinioa

Dude;

[ rinioa ]

Awesome!
I would celebrate every holiday in the world if I could.
Except Ramadan, I wouldn't be able to survive the whole fasting thing.
^.^
Ramadan is good considering they have a massive food-orgy every night after dusk. They only fast when the sun is in the sky.  

aamiller321

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:34 pm
That's not good for your digestion. sweatdrop

Dude, that is the awesomest link you've ever posted in here! eek Seriously, O...M...F...G!! surprised

Rini, is Dia de los Muertos related to Catholicism's All Soul's Day?

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff