Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why did it get canceled? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Surreptitious Faerie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:42 pm
I think america is crap with there "dubbing" hell I may be american but god we suck at protecting american kids, the only way to protect there innocence is to cut off their ears and cut out their eyes... because america is perverted, Im only 12 and I know more then most 18 year olds in my mothers day did... Im glad they didnt dub it! It would friggin ruin it! So yep.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:22 am
Kotusa
Sailor Moon in ameirca got canceled because as the seasons go on the scouts get more mature and a lot more happens that is not considered child friendly to american sensors. Haruka and Michiru are not "cousins" and a lot of the first monsters in the begining of Sailor moon S have thier stars in places such as breast and really high thigh. to where they rip thier shirt off and flip up thier skirt. Americans feel the need to sensor everything. but we can watch a bunch of people on the real world get drunk smoke and do all sorts of stupid stuff.

yea, thats the same in Australia too, and how later in other episodes men turn into women... DAMN CENSORSHIP!!  

passionberry

Something Cataclysmic

10,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:58 pm
Although truly child-unfriendly the fifth season of Sailor Moon may come to be, that's what Adult Swim is for!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:59 pm
That's what I'm thinking...well in any case, anyone know where I can buy subbed DVDs of Stars?  

Mercuryangel
Crew

dn_chrono_dear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:10 pm
i have sailor moon season five, in japanese, with english subs and lets just say that the american society WOULDNT UNDERSTAND  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:46 pm
Amaya_Moriko
All of which makes me very sad. It's not fair... crying crying

me too!  

AngelicDevil16

Erisyu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:38 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:09 pm
darkspike132
Although truly child-unfriendly the fifth season of Sailor Moon may come to be, that's what Adult Swim is for!

I totally agree  

SisterMoon

skyboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:59 am
Mercuryangel
That's what I'm thinking...well in any case, anyone know where I can buy subbed DVDs of Stars?

Ebay!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:27 am
First and foremost... I would have to say that its complete crap that they HAVE to censor things... orgionally I think they should have just put the whole series on TV, one at a time, kinda like an event. Secondly, I feel that when they change elements in the story lines it doesnt flow as freely...

They were planning for the longest time to bring it out in america, but what happened was that the licence ran out, and the creator (which was said ealier) said, forget it, now, Id love to know how it ends... and if there WAS going to be a 6th... but I doubt it...

It is what brought me into Anime, and its what is keeping me there... Every time I see it, its as if I remember my days where I didnt care as much about it.  

Kariou86

Redford Blade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:10 am
All of you also need to remember one thing about the censorship. Sailor Moon came out on the major television networks, which have much stricter censoring standards than cable or satellite channels.

Also, Sailor Moon was one of the groundbreakers, the first bunch of anime to reach major popularity in the Western world. You can whine all you want about how stupid censorship is, but at the time, the suits in the media didn't understand that "animation" does not equal "cartoon," just as most parents still don't quite get it. However, Sailor Moon, and even that crapfest DBZ, served to spawn all of us, a generation of anime fans who can appreciate the works that have increasingly been brought over.

All things considered, we shouldn't really complain. It all worked out.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:14 am
okay i know a lot more on the subject then i did when i first posted here. First thing Toei animation co., l.t.d. owns sailor moon in japan and is in charge of licencing it out to the american copainies not the public. It has nothing to do with t.v. stations.

Since they didn't want to licence out to Dic, ADV, or Geneon they had a limited selection. Also Toei tried to bundle everything together. So if u wanted to licence Sailor Moon you could but ud also have to licence the manga and live action series, and no one wanted the live action series.

Because of this Sailor Moon got old and i think the only people who might even cosider licencing it in america is either Saban or Bandai. I only say this becaus both of their integrities for high quality anime is pretty much none and they most likely will jump on the anime band wagon a.s.a.p. . Saban will most likely take on the live action series it will fail but they'll trie. Bandai will probably just release the live action on video and then franchise franchise franchise the anime with toys and publicity.  

xXpixie_dXx

StephyxWeffy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:14 am
Dyron
They closed for alot of reasons! But the most common reason was because of the mature features & there were love scenes which I don't think little kids should see! But I that's ok, we can still buy the seasons on DVD! blaugh [/quote

You've seen them on dvd? All i've heard of are bootlegs.

P.S. LOVE YOUR SIGGIE! Hilary owns me!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:37 pm

Wow.. ok.. whatever... click here.
It will give you all the information you will EVER need
to know. kthnx. v____v;

Nyok0u

4,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

tear_drop_gal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:29 am
Amaya_Moriko
All of which makes me very sad. It's not fair... crying crying
*cries also*...... i dont care if it was uncensored, i love sailormoon so much that it aint funny......i wish they never took it away  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff