Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xGanonxChanx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:01 pm
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Kuzodav
xGanonxChanx
I love SMS It is definatly one of my favorite mario games out there. As for galaxy I did enjoy it but it didnt have the imagination of a super sweet vacation, or the amazing level work they did. Noki bay had to be my favorite level with Pina park coming in second.
(SIde note: I actually hated most of the "secret" levels after the one in Noki bay"

Wait.
What?

A 'super sweet vacation' has more imagination than creating several different worlds and galaxies?
Wat.
Well look at the levels in galaxy they all pretty much look like the levels in 64 except for the (garden one) so it was like "ooooh Im traveling to different planets that look like little chunks of the place I just left." At least in Sunshine although the storyline was not as good as galaxy it took you away from the same old mushroom kingdom.

I remember one of the planets being shaped like Yoshi's head. That was creative. stare

I really liked the Sunshine levels. They were neat. It was as if you were taking an actual vacation, because those are the kinds of places you would visit if you were going to a tropical area. The planets in Galaxy... Well, I mean, some were neat. I liked the Bee suit, and climbing on the hives. Some had lava, some had water... But to me it looked like chunks of 64 or Sunshine floating in the middle of space. I mean, riding on the manta started from Sunshine (except it was a Blooper.) What I especially hated about Galaxy was the creation of Rosalina. She's so random. I don't want anyone to start bickering at me that she has a story, she's the momma of the Lumas, blah blah... I just don't like her existance. Her design is also very unoriginal. That's Peach with a different haircut and dress on.
yeah i kind of agree on the look however i think that was done just to kinda show that she may be related to peach  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:02 pm
xGanonxChanx
Aquabluesky
The Awkwardest Turtle
Aquabluesky

heart The Goopy Inferno (Pianta Village)
heart Eely-Mouth's Dentist (Noki Bay)
heart The Sand Bird is Born (Gelato Beach)
heart Mecha-Bowser Appears! (Pinna Park)

*high five*

Those are my favorites too. biggrin

Gasp! You don't like the Goopy Inferno?
gonk
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW! xd  

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:04 pm
xGanonxChanx
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Kuzodav
xGanonxChanx
I love SMS It is definatly one of my favorite mario games out there. As for galaxy I did enjoy it but it didnt have the imagination of a super sweet vacation, or the amazing level work they did. Noki bay had to be my favorite level with Pina park coming in second.
(SIde note: I actually hated most of the "secret" levels after the one in Noki bay"

Wait.
What?

A 'super sweet vacation' has more imagination than creating several different worlds and galaxies?
Wat.
Well look at the levels in galaxy they all pretty much look like the levels in 64 except for the (garden one) so it was like "ooooh Im traveling to different planets that look like little chunks of the place I just left." At least in Sunshine although the storyline was not as good as galaxy it took you away from the same old mushroom kingdom.

I remember one of the planets being shaped like Yoshi's head. That was creative. stare

I really liked the Sunshine levels. They were neat. It was as if you were taking an actual vacation, because those are the kinds of places you would visit if you were going to a tropical area. The planets in Galaxy... Well, I mean, some were neat. I liked the Bee suit, and climbing on the hives. Some had lava, some had water... But to me it looked like chunks of 64 or Sunshine floating in the middle of space. I mean, riding on the manta started from Sunshine (except it was a Blooper.) What I especially hated about Galaxy was the creation of Rosalina. She's so random. I don't want anyone to start bickering at me that she has a story, she's the momma of the Lumas, blah blah... I just don't like her existance. Her design is also very unoriginal. That's Peach with a different haircut and dress on.
yeah i kind of agree on the look however i think that was done just to kinda show that she may be related to peach

Was Nintendo going to do that? I really hope not. Peach is an independent woman who does not need relations with other characters.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:04 pm
UltaMatt
This game is like... $12 now! Maybe cheaper...

Price doesn't mean quality! blaugh  

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:16 pm
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Aquabluesky
The Awkwardest Turtle
Aquabluesky

*high five*

gonk

I KNOW! xd

I only don't like it because it took me forever to beat the first time because I didn't want to mess around with all the underground stuff so I kept trying to cheat my way through.

Which eventually worked, by the way.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 am
Kuzodav
Wait.
What?

Wat.
lmao

Don't you know, bro? Tropical resorts are oozing imagination. Creating new planets, galaxies and forms of 3D platforming are sooooo 20 years ago.

xGanonxChanx
I really don't want to argue with you about this, but you're really, really wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion.

Galaxy takes you away from the Mushroom Kingdom within the first ten minutes of the game. Have you played it through? Have you played more than one level? You go through a huge variety of levels, and yeah, some of them are space junk, some of them have you leaping from 3D object to 3D object and running around all sides of them, but there are many levels that are just gigantic and like SM64/Sunshine in that aspect.

And honestly, who gives a s**t about the storyline?

Sunshine had little variety in its level design because it was limiting itself to a tropical getaway. There were a lot of times that it felt as though they were stretching to fit something else into a tropical resort.

Saying that Galaxy is limiting itself by going "back to basics" with its levels (grass, desert, water, lava, castle, etc, etc) brings the argument that Sunshine is limited to water-based levels.

Aquabluesky
What I especially hated about Galaxy was the creation of Rosalina. She's so random. I don't want anyone to start bickering at me that she has a story, she's the momma of the Lumas, blah blah... I just don't like her existance. Her design is also very unoriginal. That's Peach with a different haircut and dress on.
That's a very small star in a very bright sky.

Also, this should be on the main forum, so please read the Guide to the Cult. Moving~  

Meta_Fish
Captain

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:59 am
I. LOVE. This game.

Dear god, the turbo nozzle is AMAZING. I love the music from Ricco Harbor, and how everything gets an upbeat bongo drum melody when you ride a Yoshi. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:31 am
I actually didn't like Sunshine that much. Galaxy though? BEST. GAME. EVER. And Galaxy 2 looks even better! It fixes the two problems with Galaxy: No Yoshi and it left you wanting more. Galaxy 2 has Yoshi and IS more!  

Super Cheesio

Baby Rib

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:43 am
Sunshine has to be one of my favourite Mario games. FLUDD for the win. <3
My favourite stages were Sirena Beach and Pianta Village.

I didn't like Galaxy all too much either, not sure why. It's a good game and all, I just never got into it. Still haven't completed it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:50 am
Sunshine was fun.

I like Galaxy a lot more.  

Waynebrizzle

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:39 am
The Awkwardest Turtle
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Aquabluesky
The Awkwardest Turtle
Aquabluesky

*high five*

gonk

I KNOW! xd

I only don't like it because it took me forever to beat the first time because I didn't want to mess around with all the underground stuff so I kept trying to cheat my way through.

Which eventually worked, by the way.

Yes, my friend who I mentioned the first time always cheats on that level, even though it's faster to play it the correct way! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:40 am
J of The Wind
I. LOVE. This game.

Dear god, the turbo nozzle is AMAZING. I love the music from Ricco Harbor, and how everything gets an upbeat bongo drum melody when you ride a Yoshi. xd

Those bloopers are fun to ride...  

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 am
Aquabluesky
J of The Wind
I. LOVE. This game.

Those bloopers are fun to ride...

If only I didnt suck so much I could beat that mission without crashing like an idiot... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:21 pm
I, too, love this game far more then galexy. This game also brings me back to when I finally started to not suck at games so much, and started to enjoy them more. Before i got the gamecube I never completed a single game lol.

Although I didn't complete sunshine myself the first time through... i was close though. But I do remember constantly going back to the mecha bowser stage, I loved that stage.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:08 pm
Aw, I want that game! Don't know much about it, though. My friend told me that it sucks because all you do is clean stuff. o_O  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff