Welcome to Gaia! ::

B.O.O. GUILD REVIVED

Back to Guilds

WE'RE BACK BABY 

Tags: OVERSEER, GUILD, BOOG, UILD, PLS BOOGUILD 

Reply Korra
What is with these annoying random guild announcements? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skarmy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 am
David2074
Skarmy

I'm actually highly amused by it, and I'm sure you typing out that paragraph took longer than reading all of the announcements ever made in this guild. Also, only about 500 more people were in the guild before Halloween, and I suspect most of them left because there's nothing to do in a Halloween event based guild after Halloween is over :/

If you feel like leaving, then do it. I respect the people who don't throw a fit over the announcements and just leave quietly, then the ones who flip out, announce their departure and go. It's just shows you're trying to garner more attention for yourself then necessary.

Also if you're just annoyed at the guild and aren't even doing anything productive other than complaining I don't see the point in staying. Guilds are meant to have fun in, and if you're not having fun than leave. More people are amused by the announcements then upset, so why would we stop doing what we're doing if people like it?

Skarmy,
You may want to work on your psychological profiling skills because you totally misjudged me. I find it amusing how much you think you know about me from one post.

I did not ‘flip out’ nor am I seeking attention. I simply took a few moments of my time to type a polite post expressing my dislike for the current trend in guild announcements. I type fast so no, it didn’t take long. Most of the time I am unfortunately stuck on dial up internet so loading up announcements to find out they are just babble takes a little longer than you think.

I do think I will leave the guild. I have waited to see what direction it will take after the Halloween event was over. Talking about what I don’t like here is in no way an attempt to garner attention. I could care less whether you know I exist on Gaia. I posted as a courtesy so the guild owner / vice-captains have feedback. Many (I assume most) guild owners put a lot of time and effort into their guilds. If people are leaving they may want to know why. If they don’t they can certainly ignore threads like this one.

The BOO guild membership may not have dropped dramatically but I'm guessing the number of ACTIVE members has. It really doesn't matter though. I agree with what you said about guilds being for enjoyment. There are lots of great guilds on Gaia and no one guild is for everyone. It is nice to have so many choices. I'm glad BOO is fun for you and I hope it continues to be.

You are by no means flipping out, which is probably why I wasn't referring to you at all when I made the post speaking of people quitting
If you've lurked the guild, then surely you've seen the people who have made threats and thrown fits and thrashed and bashed and demanded their satisfaction, so you should know what I"m talking about
If you haven't seen these threads, then you don't want to xD
Just keep in mind I wasn't talking about you, you're one of the few people who can I can actually speak pleasantly with
Also I'm on dial up too right now, I do know how long announcements take. It takes long to even load a browsing page on Gaia, so one extra doesn't affect me much

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:14 am
I agree with Xander. They really are annoying and totaly pointless. They dont amuse me at all.... evil  

LordXariel

Nero Odio

9,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am
Master Sergeant HALEIGH
Xander-sama
Seriously! What's up with that? Especially today's recent announcement. Its truly annoying x[ the internet is not amused Teh Savior, it is not amused at all!

I do believe that today's most recent announcement was a bunch of smiley faces, so thats whats up with that. And everyone else but you and a few are amused, so stop being butt hurt and calm down already. Its no big deal.

Seiously, the constent complaining about the announcements is more annoying then the actual announcements. I like the announcements because it only takes 5 seconds to click, read then go back to what you were doing. But when you make a thread just to complain about it, it takes work to clean up tthe forum from all the nonsense.

There's a saying: Small minds are easily amused.
And why can't I complain about it? You're complaining about me complaining, so your on the same ship Cap'n Doofus.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 am
People, if you are "amused" by the announcements that's fine. But avoid starting the horrid flame wars thinking your hot stuff. Day in day out I see these so called announcements that aren't really announcements, and since you all find it funny maybe you forgot what the word announcement means. If it was a normal forum post that's fine, but its relatively annoying notifying every single member about random stuff. And I like random, but this is like the bad kind of random, the kind that makes me want to listen to nails on a chalkboard.

And as I said before, small minds are EASILY amused. Either that, or a lot of you were released from your meds a day too early, see I can flame too =]

Don't sass anyone around here, just say you like em or don't and be done with that, I honestly hate people with a bad attitude.  

Nero Odio

9,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

David2074

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 pm
Skarmy
You are by no means flipping out, which is probably why I wasn't referring to you at all when I made the post speaking of people quitting
If you've lurked the guild, then surely you've seen the people who have made threats and thrown fits and thrashed and bashed and demanded their satisfaction, so you should know what I"m talking about
If you haven't seen these threads, then you don't want to xD
Just keep in mind I wasn't talking about you, you're one of the few people who can I can actually speak pleasantly with
Also I'm on dial up too right now, I do know how long announcements take. It takes long to even load a browsing page on Gaia, so one extra doesn't affect me much

Skarmy,
Thank you for clarifying. Apparently I haven't lurked enough because no, I have not seen the posts you refer to. I agree I don't want to. I find it sad when people resort to that in lieu of social skills. I have the intelligence, vocabulary and wit to flame with the best of them. Nine years in the navy doesn't hurt either. Fortunately I also have enough maturity and wisdom NOT TO. I'm hardly perfect but it is pretty basic psychology to realize when you immerse yourself in an environment of well over 100,000 people from literally around the world you are going to bump into people you disagree with.
(The word DUH! comes to mind. biggrin ) Most of the time I find it refreshing because I am exposed to thoughts and ideas that make me think. I am going to quit this guild but I'm not leaving with any hard feelings or hatred. I simply don't find myself spending much time here. (Which, no doubt, is the reason I have not seen the posts you are referring to.)

My condolences on your dial up internet. biggrin Broadband is so common sometimes I feel like I am one of the few still using dial up. Not by choice though. I like the house I bought but I can not get Cable, DSL or the more common wireless here. Although I am surrounded by trees I probably COULD get satellite. Having worked in computer networking support for years I know I don't WANT satellite if I can avoid it. It is more money for less bandwidth (than cable or dsl) and a lot of built in latency. I am currently exploring a connection to a microwave tower in a business park about 2 1/2 miles from me. The trees may still be an issue but if I get a signal I could get a faster connection than satellite for less set up cost, lower monthly fees and no long term commitment. One of the cell carrier air cards (not Verizon) works in this area but I prefer to avoid something with a monthly download limit if I can. In the "It's free to dream" category I also know from talking to a Blackrock technician I could get a business grade fiber optic connection to my house if I want to pay about $1,000 per month for internet.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:45 pm
8D
D8
8D
D8

:v
v:
v:  

Teh Savior
Captain

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Hitorie

Dapper Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:59 pm
Teh Savior
8D
D8
8D
D8

v:
v:

that made me smile ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:39 pm
Xander-sama
People, if you are "amused" by the announcements that's fine. But avoid starting the horrid flame wars thinking your hot stuff. Day in day out I see these so called announcements that aren't really announcements, and since you all find it funny maybe you forgot what the word announcement means. If it was a normal forum post that's fine, but its relatively annoying notifying every single member about random stuff. And I like random, but this is like the bad kind of random, the kind that makes me want to listen to nails on a chalkboard.

And as I said before, small minds are EASILY amused. Either that, or a lot of you were released from your meds a day too early, see I can flame too =]

Don't sass anyone around here, just say you like em or don't and be done with that, I honestly hate people with a bad attitude.

Don't be the hypocritical fool who asks people not to do something and then does so themselves.
You're the one who needs to stop sassing people.
Clearly we know the definition of announcements, as if we didn't we wouldn't be using them.
An announcement is a formal public statement. Clearly Teh Savior wanted to formally announcement smiley faces to everyone :3
Now, pack up your flaming luggage and leave this thread or I will ban you for causing mayhem.

Skarmy
Vice Captain

Nightmare Pumpkin Knight

Blessed Werewolf

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:41 pm
I find them random but funny. at lease the guild is still active....... that's proof! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:47 pm
Teh Savior
8D
D8
8D
D8

v:
v:

That is all that needs to be said. Right there, short, sweet, and to the point.

@David2074: Wtf is wrong with you? Like hell im gonna read your long arse posts THAT I TOTALLY ASSUME ARE FILLED WITH COMPLAINTS AND THREATS OF LEAVING, because apparently thats what I do. (haha jk, and if you wanna see those threads, look in the abyss). But seriously, totally didnt read anything in your last post (something about internet), except the fact that you were going to quit this guild, but you are still here. So stop speakin nonsense and be happy about Sav's smiley faces. lol

@Skarmy: Formally announcement smiley faces to everyone! LMAO now thats a good time.

Serg, you really should read before accusing. David is actually quite pleasant, and he wasn't complaining. He was talking about different guilds and how there's one for everyone, and that he was quitting because he wasn't keeping up with the guild very well.
Then yeah, there was also a large section on his internet connections. XD
Apologize to David D=

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

KeJoRo
Crew

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Xander-sama
Master Sergeant HALEIGH
Xander-sama
Seriously! What's up with that? Especially today's recent announcement. Its truly annoying x[ the internet is not amused Teh Savior, it is not amused at all!

I do believe that today's most recent announcement was a bunch of smiley faces, so thats whats up with that. And everyone else but you and a few are amused, so stop being butt hurt and calm down already. Its no big deal.

Seiously, the constent complaining about the announcements is more annoying then the actual announcements. I like the announcements because it only takes 5 seconds to click, read then go back to what you were doing. But when you make a thread just to complain about it, it takes work to clean up tthe forum from all the nonsense.

There's a saying: Small minds are easily amused.
And why can't I complain about it? You're complaining about me complaining, so your on the same ship Cap'n Doofus.

Small minds are easily amused, eh? Seriously, have a go at me. I find the posts amusing and I'm currently doing my A-levels, at present, set to get an A. I also have completed three news reports which are currently being processed and will soon be released to the world. I was reading year six books in year one which had to be taken from another school just to sate me. I also taught myself how to make Ready Brek when I was nearly three years old, yes, nearly three. This may not seem like much of an achievment in your narrow mind, but at three year old, could you do that?
Cap'n Doofus? Is that the greatest insult you could hurl at Teh Savior? Seriously, your all out of wattage for that lightbulb mate. Grab a dictionary, thesaurus and some manners. As has already been said, if you want to leave, GTFO. Do not flame. Do not complain. Do not harrass. Do not be a pain in the arse to everyone else who is in the guild. Either that or at least intellectually argue your case like David2074. Now, as I have already said before to a flamer, I hope the door hits you on the way out.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:05 pm
LOL RANDOM ANNOUNCEMENTS, SRS BIZNES GAIZ SRS BIZNESS  

pixolotl
Vice Captain

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:53 pm
Skarmy
Master Sergeant HALEIGH
Teh Savior
8D
D8
8D
D8

v:
v:

That is all that needs to be said. Right there, short, sweet, and to the point.

@David2074: Wtf is wrong with you? Like hell im gonna read your long arse posts THAT I TOTALLY ASSUME ARE FILLED WITH COMPLAINTS AND THREATS OF LEAVING, because apparently thats what I do. (haha jk, and if you wanna see those threads, look in the abyss). But seriously, totally didnt read anything in your last post (something about internet), except the fact that you were going to quit this guild, but you are still here. So stop speakin nonsense and be happy about Sav's smiley faces. lol

@Skarmy: Formally announcement smiley faces to everyone! LMAO now thats a good time.

Serg, you really should read before accusing. David is actually quite pleasant, and he wasn't complaining. He was talking about different guilds and how there's one for everyone, and that he was quitting because he wasn't keeping up with the guild very well.
Then yeah, there was also a large section on his internet connections. XD
Apologize to David D=

Lol I wasnt accusin him of nothing. I was joking. Hence me saying 'haha jk'. lol I was tellin him to stay and stop talking about leaving the guild because he was still here. . .and that he types a lot. haha >.< He says he got no hard feelings and i aint got any towards him. heart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:16 pm
i believe that teh saviour is just trying 2 keep it a little intresting here in this guild with the random announcements that i do. 3nodding  

Cloud_Murasama

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Nightmare Pumpkin Knight

Blessed Werewolf

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm
Cloud_Murasama
i believe that teh saviour is just trying 2 keep it a little intresting here in this guild with the random announcements that i do. 3nodding

I believe that is true as well  
Korra

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces