Is this blasphemy? Is this Madness?
  This is Madness!!!
  This is nothing.
  THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
View Results

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:13 pm
Trenn Flashkill

There's a pretty big gap between 480p and 1080p. Even 720p is a noticeable difference.

Because everybody that plays a Wii has a 1080p tv and is totally going to notice.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

There's a pretty big gap between 480p and 1080p. Even 720p is a noticeable difference.

Because everybody that plays a Wii has a 1080p tv and is totally going to notice.
No, but the 360 and PS3 gamers do. That's the whole point.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:19 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

No, but the 360 and PS3 gamers do. That's the whole point.

my d**k has a 1080p resolution  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 pm
I'm outclassed again.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:45 pm
it looks way better than twilight princess.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:09 pm
I honestly had a hard time telling which was Wii and which was "next-gen" in a lot of screenshots. I'm not ashamed or afraid to admit that the Wii is very weak compared to the other consoles, but a lot of it looks very similar. The sword swinging looks flashier, which is cool.

Trenn's right; a lot of Wii games don't have any reason to be on the Wii, other than to move more units. It's weird that more GOOD games aren't on the console since it's the ringleader. Developers just seem to want to try to see who has the longest graphics-d**k. Still, I think there would be a little bit missed in pulling off those finishing attacks and "charging" the katana up.

I think one of the main reasons I love the Wii is that a lot of its games can be simple and don't need to be a new shooter with some newfangled gimmick (or none at all) to be big hits. That, and I love Nintendo's main franchises.

Anyway, I hope this game does well, because it deserves it.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:22 pm
Meta_Fish
I honestly had a hard time telling which was Wii and which was "next-gen" in a lot of screenshots. I'm not ashamed or afraid to admit that the Wii is very weak compared to the other consoles, but a lot of it looks very similar. The sword swinging looks flashier, which is cool.

Trenn's right; a lot of Wii games don't have any reason to be on the Wii, other than to move more units. It's weird that more GOOD games aren't on the console since it's the ringleader. Developers just seem to want to try to see who has the longest graphics-d**k. Still, I think there would be a little bit missed in pulling off those finishing attacks and "charging" the katana up.

I think one of the main reasons I love the Wii is that a lot of its games can be simple and don't need to be a new shooter with some newfangled gimmick (or none at all) to be big hits. That, and I love Nintendo's main franchises.

Anyway, I hope this game does well, because it deserves it.

It looks similar because besides a few special effects, the only upgrade is the HD res. Until they develop NMH from the ground up for these machines, it'll essentially just look like Wii HD.

And developers avoiding the Wii is more than just graphic flexing. It's power and versatility. More power gives you more freedom for the development of your game. Plus the Wii's numbers are totally misleading. Most Wii owners don't give less than a rat's yambag for NMH. These kinds of games would move more units on the 360/PS3. Madworld would have been half a hit on any other platform. Or at least it would have had a better shot.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm
In some of the screenshots it is hard to tell but in others the models and their textures are clearly way more detailed than in the first game. I mean ********, you can see the folds and wrinkles and s**t in his clothes. And the colors are way more vivid... the one with him facing Death Metal (I think that's his name... it's been forever) shows it best. I really don't think the Wii could pull that off.

I do like the dirtier look of the colors the Wii version has, I kind of noticed it in the trailers for NMH2.

That said, it is clear in a few of those screen-shots that they are not the same graphics in HD. I see them as genuine 360/PS3 level graphics, at least as good as that ********' Borderlands game everybody is jizzing over recently  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 pm
I'm so ******** happy. I loved this game on the Wii and I'm definitely getting it for my 360 too.
And I will tell everyone else with a PS3 and 360 to get it as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:35 pm
Looking forward to playing it on my 360. NMH looked fun, but something else always grabbed my attention away from buying it, so I guess I don't have an excuse now.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:48 pm
I'm still not gonna get it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am
Oh Regis, you always make me smile. xd  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

ev_kev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:01 am
Yes its called No more Heroes paradise, just the same game but on 360 and PS3.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:09 am
Awesome Tree
Looking forward to playing it on my 360. NMH looked fun, but something else always grabbed my attention away from buying it, so I guess I don't have an excuse now.
It's the same game, broski. A port with some minor alterations, à la RE4 PS2, actually no, that game had extra bosses... I doubt you'll even get those.

I'll admit, I enjoyed playing it, but I enjoy a lot of things that aren't "classics" which is what most people seem to tote No More Heroes as. The action was broken up, and it just felt a little pointlessly sadistic at times(I have nothing wrong with bloodshed in game, as long as it's PUSHING THE ******** STORY ALONG, or somehow MEANINGFULL, but otherwise I just feel like some douchebag 12 year old playing Grand Theft Auto, and that game is UNBELIEVABLY BORING for me.) The overworld was a PAIN IN THE a**.

The game could have done so much more, and it's not just stuff that is missing in finished product, it just feels like an unfinished concept.

It aspired to do a lot, and disappointed me in a lot of ways.

I'm not going to shoot down the sequel, but it's looking like a very similar game.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas