Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
New RP? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like rp'ing?
  Yessireebob
  Not really
  It's kind of weird...
  GOOOOOOOOLD
  Only sexy kinds
View Results

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Yepness. I used to write a lot of fanfictions, but..I got tired of people bitching me out for writing crossovers. *shrugs*

[ rinioa ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:26 pm
People are super protective of their fandom and have strict rules as to what is ok and what's not. That's why I would never bother writing fanfiction because everyone's so ******** a**l.  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:10 am
They're stupid, and WAY too overprotective over "someone elses creation" !

Don't they know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:24 pm
I love crossovers. xd Usually. And the ones I don't, I just overlook. I used to write fanfics before I knew what they were. whee  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:00 am
I liked the "Lilo and Stitch + Kim Possible" crossover on TV.

And with all the "Suzumiya Haruhi" references that they had in "Lucky Stars", they might as well had a crossover instead.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:52 pm
Iakun
People are super protective of their fandom and have strict rules as to what is ok and what's not. That's why I would never bother writing fanfiction because everyone's so ******** a**l.

I agree 100% with this statement.

And yeah. Lilo & Stitch + Kim Possible was adorable as can be. Normally when I write a Final Fantasy fanfiction....some of the Final Fantasy games end up mixed. (Like in KH....) So, Squall might know Yuna or something like that. But I don't just leave it hanging like that. I mean, my husband and I have drawn up like a big map to make all the Final Fantasy games take place on the same planet. (Even though I know they aren't supposed to) xD! *shrug* Just like Iakun said, people are too a**l. They see that and get super pissed off over it.

[ rinioa ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 pm
Dude has had a theory for years that the FF games all happened on the same planet, maybe separated by millennia. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:36 pm
It's like the people that erupt over the HarryxDraco pairing in HP fics. "OMGZ dey r not t3h ghey! maks nuuuu senze" Apparently creative license is just totally lost on these people. Writing fics, in my view, should be about exploring any possibility, however slight. It's about your skill in creating the situation and nuances that can make your idea possible. It's just good clean fun! (well clean until HarryxDraco have the dirty magic smecks xd )

edit: But HarryxDraco isn't real because HarryxMe is the reality everyone must accept. 3nodding  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 am
Rinioa
Iakun

I agree 100% with this statement.

And yeah. Lilo & Stitch + Kim Possible was adorable as can be. Normally when I write a Final Fantasy fanfiction....some of the Final Fantasy games end up mixed. (Like in KH....) So, Squall might know Yuna or something like that. But I don't just leave it hanging like that. I mean, my husband and I have drawn up like a big map to make all the Final Fantasy games take place on the same planet. (Even though I know they aren't supposed to) xD! *shrug* Just like Iakun said, people are too a**l. They see that and get super pissed off over it.

[ rinioa ]

I also agree with that statement.
Tell me about it, and yes, the FF games DO take place on the same planet ^.^

purpleravenhawk
Dude has had a theory for years that the FF games all happened on the same planet, maybe separated by millennia. xd

I shall explain...
If anyones noticed, the rise of technology from the first game to "X" at least, completely coinsides with the decline of magic. So as people started using technology, they started forgetting about magic. At least until "X" when technology blows up in there faces and they have to rediscover magic again. You can see this in the beginning when magic scrolls were most prevalent. As time progresses, they become harder to find and you have to start learning them from the monsters that you fight.

Even the development of the monsters is the same. As time progresses, weaker monster become more powerful and more rare, and sometimes even become bosses themselves, as new weaker monsters are introduced. Even most of the bosses die out as they are already that rare. Though some of them were smart enough to repopulate there species before the end. As you see similar ones as lower level monsters later on. Though not all were that lucky, seeing as how the "heros" were murdering them left and right ^.^

Iakun
It's like the people that erupt over the HarryxDraco pairing in HP fics. "OMGZ dey r not t3h ghey! maks nuuuu senze" Apparently creative license is just totally lost on these people. Writing fics, in my view, should be about exploring any possibility, however slight. It's about your skill in creating the situation and nuances that can make your idea possible. It's just good clean fun! (well clean until HarryxDraco have the dirty magic smecks xd )

edit: But HarryxDraco isn't real because HarryxMe is the reality everyone must accept. 3nodding

LOL
So that's how it is huh?
I was never fond of the "harryxdraco" story, but as long as I don't read it, the authur can do whatever he/she (probably she) wants, for all I care.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:52 am

Well, technically the FF games do not take place on the same planet. Not all of them at least. I think, and of course I'm not sure...but 7 and a few others take place on a planet called Gaia. But..the others are supposed to take place on different planets.

Of course, I frankly don't care where they are "supposed" to take place. Like I said, my husband and I have our own little map and we're quite happy with it. xd

....Well, I'm a big Draco fangirl. I don't care much for Harry. And I really dislike Yaoi. (I mean if two guys want to get it on, that's their business not mine. And I'm not being biased. I don't care to see ANYONE get it on. Male, Female, cat, rat...whatever. I flat out dislike love scenes all together. blaugh ) ..............But, just because I dislike it, doesn't mean it's wrong for people to write it/like it. And I agree with you, Iakun. Creativity can only flow when given the open door for imagination. Anything goes.

[ rinioa ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 am
Rinioa

Well, technically the FF games do not take place on the same planet. Not all of them at least. I think, and of course I'm not sure...but 7 and a few others take place on a planet called Gaia. But..the others are supposed to take place on different planets.

Of course, I frankly don't care where they are "supposed" to take place. Like I said, my husband and I have our own little map and we're quite happy with it. xd

....Well, I'm a big Draco fangirl. I don't care much for Harry. And I really dislike Yaoi. (I mean if two guys want to get it on, that's their business not mine. And I'm not being biased. I don't care to see ANYONE get it on. Male, Female, cat, rat...whatever. I flat out dislike love scenes all together. blaugh ) ..............But, just because I dislike it, doesn't mean it's wrong for people to write it/like it. And I agree with you, Iakun. Creativity can only flow when given the open door for imagination. Anything goes.

[ rinioa ]

LOL
I'd like to see this map of yours.
^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am
surprised Maybe they just renamed the planet.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:25 pm
Well you have to keep in mind that different civilizations will call their planet different things. As the civilizations die out and new ones emerge they could call it something different. Gaia and Spira could be the same place, but the people in those 2 different times simply have different names.

The only thing that makes me think it's all just not connected is the world map. I think there are some mild similarities between the world maps of 7, 8 and 9 but Ivalice in 12 is clearly not connected and even Spira in X looks pretty different.

As for smut, well, if there has to be any shenanigans of a sexual nature going on in a fic then I prefer it to be romantic rather than just a hardcore sex-romp. xd I love romance, especially the tragic kinds. Moulin Rouge and A Walk To Remember made me BAWL when I first saw them.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 pm

xD! If I could find it...I would show it to you Dude. My husband might have it somewhere. I'll have to ask him. It was so long ago that we put it together.

Well, I remember reading somewhere once about the different planets and how 9 was supposed to take place in a totally separate universe or something while 7, 8, 10, and 12 were all supposed to be different planets in the same system. Damn, I wish I remembered where I read that. ~_~;;;;;;;

.....xD! Moulin Rouge & Walk to Remember were both very good. 3nodding I remember reading A Walk To Remember and crying for hours in the back of my friends car after reading. Well well....Moulin Rouge heh...Ewan just has to open his mouth and the world around me melts. *cough*

[ rinioa ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 am
purpleravenhawk
surprised Maybe they just renamed the planet.

It is possible

Iakun
Well you have to keep in mind that different civilizations will call their planet different things. As the civilizations die out and new ones emerge they could call it something different. Gaia and Spira could be the same place, but the people in those 2 different times simply have different names.

The only thing that makes me think it's all just not connected is the world map. I think there are some mild similarities between the world maps of 7, 8 and 9 but Ivalice in 12 is clearly not connected and even Spira in X looks pretty different.

As for smut, well, if there has to be any shenanigans of a sexual nature going on in a fic then I prefer it to be romantic rather than just a hardcore sex-romp. xd I love romance, especially the tragic kinds. Moulin Rouge and A Walk To Remember made me BAWL when I first saw them.

If the people can change their planets name, they can change the name for their people.
When it comes to the world map, I consider the affects of volcanic activity as well as the shifting of tectonic plates. Not to mention that everytime a new evil arises, the world gets destroyed partly, if not completely, anyway. And the time distance between these games are tremendous. It's like the difference between modern earth, and the rumored pangea. It is possible that the landscape just changed naturally. And you can't rule out the affects of magic either.

And personally, I'd rather have a hardcore "sex-romp" then a tragic romance anyday. (hate those sad stories)

Rinioa

xD! If I could find it...I would show it to you Dude. My husband might have it somewhere. I'll have to ask him. It was so long ago that we put it together.

Well, I remember reading somewhere once about the different planets and how 9 was supposed to take place in a totally separate universe or something while 7, 8, 10, and 12 were all supposed to be different planets in the same system. Damn, I wish I remembered where I read that. ~_~;;;;;;;

.....xD! Moulin Rouge & Walk to Remember were both very good. 3nodding I remember reading A Walk To Remember and crying for hours in the back of my friends car after reading. Well well....Moulin Rouge heh...Ewan just has to open his mouth and the world around me melts. *cough*

[ rinioa ]

Yes, find it, please do. I'm curious.
And I too, wish you could remember where you read it.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff