So-So (50-59)
  Bad (40-49)
  Poor (30-39)
  Terrible (20-29)
  Absymal (10-19)
View Results

Shiori Hanamaru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 pm
I think wii is a pretty cool system eh uses remotes and doesnt afriad of anything  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 am
I'd love it if it had better support. No More Heroes is one of my favorite games this generation and even though I'll probably pick up the 360 port (if it has bonus content that is) I will miss the waggling from the original version. Like making the finishers more powerful with a second shake, or the circular parrying motion. Helped me really get into the game.

And I was going to type something here about how I hate the casualization of the market, but then I deleted it because the argument was dumb, invalid, and been said too many times.

Evamortte

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:48 am
Zephyrkitty
KyuubiNaruto4
Don't forget 'expert' game reviewers who think every game that goes to all three systems the Wii's sucks the most. "I don't want to move when playing a video game moving is for homos."

Haven't some multi-platform games been downgraded in the Wii port due to things like graphics limitations? If it's the exact same game a lower rating makes no sense, but it does if there's a downgrade.

As for the Wii, I like it but I don't get a ton of use out of it. It's probably something I'll love in a few years when I've sunk a ton of money into games and set the game systems up better, but for now real-life limitations are keeping me from enjoying it as much as I probably should.

Graphics don't mean s**t to me. If the gameplay is the exact same I could care less about how many polygons are on the screen. A game could go from halo styled graphics on the 360 to stick figures on the Wii I will still play it. Graphics are a poor excuse to hate a game!

Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop is a good example of a reviewer's narrow mindedness.
IGN: 8.3/10(Dead Rising) 6.9/10(Chop Til You Drop)
GameSpot: 8.4/10(Dead Rising) 6.5/10(Chop Til You Drop)

Get the picture? Granted some things were removed. Taking photographs experience points and holding more than one weapon was removed, "That must mean I can knock the score down a bit twisted . But wait I see less zombies now; now there are only 100 on the screen instead of 800 crying "

They also added to the game that people complained about in Dead Rising. Multiple save slots, text is easily read, individual clocks, if you don't like the gore turn it off, Cletus can become an ally, and guns are easier to use(obviously).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:05 pm
It's odd that people are talking about mutiplatform capability as soon someone brought it up. Let's keep it on topic people.  

MarioLuigi1983

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:21 pm
MarioLuigi1983
It's odd that people are talking about mutiplatform capability as soon someone brought it up. Let's keep it on topic people.
Rule 1 about the Cult:

As long as the topic focuses on video games, the discussion will swerve into any kind of topic possible as long as it still talks 'bout them electronic stimulator-majigs.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:26 pm
If I could only have one console this gen, it wouldn't be the Wii. If I could have two, the Wii would easily be one of them. I think it's an amazing system, but the Wii misses out on way too much s**t. Because of that, I can only say it's a secondary, support system.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:11 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Graphics don't mean s**t to me. If the gameplay is the exact same I could care less about how many polygons are on the screen. A game could go from halo styled graphics on the 360 to stick figures on the Wii I will still play it. Graphics are a poor excuse to hate a game!

The 'graphics aren't an important factor' argument doesn't work so well with multi-platform releases. If Version A for the 360 and Version B for the Wii are completely identical in gameplay, price, etc. except that Version B looks worse, about the only reason to get Version B is if you don't own/plan to buy a 360. Graphics shouldn't be an important factor, but most people aren't going to pay the same price for an inferior product.

KyuubiNaruto4
Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop is a good example of a reviewer's narrow mindedness.
IGN: 8.3/10(Dead Rising) 6.9/10(Chop Til You Drop)
GameSpot: 8.4/10(Dead Rising) 6.5/10(Chop Til You Drop)

Get the picture? Granted some things were removed. Taking photographs experience points and holding more than one weapon was removed, "That must mean I can knock the score down a bit twisted . But wait I see less zombies now; now there are only 100 on the screen instead of 800 crying "

They also added to the game that people complained about in Dead Rising. Multiple save slots, text is easily read, individual clocks, if you don't like the gore turn it off, Cletus can become an ally, and guns are easier to use(obviously).

Turn off the gore? Why would you want to do that?

Being serious now, if I was reviewing two versions of a game and one version had added/removed content (or hit limitations because of hardware differences), that should factor into the score. Most people don't appreciate buying a game and later finding out that they didn't even get the whole thing.

Admittedly, I've never played Dead Rising, so I don't know how big of an impact most of those changes had on the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:08 pm
IT SUCKS  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 am
Trenn Flashkill
If I could only have one console this gen, it wouldn't be the Wii. If I could have two, the Wii would easily be one of them. I think it's an amazing system, but the Wii misses out on way too much s**t. Because of that, I can only say it's a secondary, support system.

Really? Because the other two consoles have a library of games that is largely the same, I'd say it's the other way around. It's kind of ignorant to call any system secondary, though, and you know that.

I'd get the console with unique and varied games instead of one of the HD consoles that can't seem to stray from games involving guns. Not that there's anything wrong with games like that. It just gets tiresome to me.

But yeah, the Wii always gets the short end of the stick with multiplatform games. That's because those games are usually developed with the HD twins in mind with the Wii as a sort of cash-in afterthought. It bothers me, but it's not like I have to buy the games, so it's not really a problem.

Meta_Fish
TP was blasted at its launch by a reviewer because you had to go up to signs and push the A button to read them. He compared it to Oblivion where you can just look at the sign in first person in read it.

Really?

don't forget sean white's wifi mode  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:38 am
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

Really? Because the other two consoles have a library of games that is largely the same, I'd say it's the other way around. It's kind of ignorant to call any system secondary, though, and you know that.

I'd get the console with unique and varied games instead of one of the HD consoles that can't seem to stray from games involving guns. Not that there's anything wrong with games like that. It just gets tiresome to me.

But yeah, the Wii always gets the short end of the stick with multiplatform games. That's because those games are usually developed with the HD twins in mind with the Wii as a sort of cash-in afterthought. It bothers me, but it's not like I have to buy the games, so it's not really a problem.

Did you miss the part about this thread being our opinion? I spend less time on the Wii and more time on the PS3. Sounds like the Wii would be my second choice. You're seriously telling me I'm not allowed to feel that way? I MUST prefer the Wii over every other console!!!

Plus I violently disagree that the Wii has unique and varied games while the 360 and PS3 doesn't. All three machines have very creative and unique games, but most of the games for all three machines are not. The Wii is no different.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:35 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

Did you miss the part about this thread being our opinion? I spend less time on the Wii and more time on the PS3. Sounds like the Wii would be my second choice. You're seriously telling me I'm not allowed to feel that way? I MUST prefer the Wii over every other console!!!

Plus I violently disagree that the Wii has unique and varied games while the 360 and PS3 doesn't. All three machines have very creative and unique games, but most of the games for all three machines are not. The Wii is no different.

Bolded. Sorry to disagree with you, massah.

edit: Seriously though, Trenn. I don't know if we're misinterpreting each other, but this shouldn't have gotten so tense. I'm not trying to attack you or say that you're wrong, if that's what you think.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:20 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

I also believe this  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

KirbyWindWaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:51 pm
I think it's ok. Not bad, but not the best either.

I actually kind of like the Gamecube better. :>  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Waynebrizzle

edit: Seriously though, Trenn. I don't know if we're misinterpreting each other, but this shouldn't have gotten so tense. I'm not trying to attack you or say that you're wrong, if that's what you think.
Calling me ignorant seemed as if you were implying that I was wrong.

But I was listening to metal and roid raging pretty hard at the time.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:24 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle

Calling me ignorant seemed as if you were implying that I was wrong.

But I was listening to metal and roid raging pretty hard at the time.

I was always taught that "ignorant" meant "uninformed," so that's how I always used it. I know that most people take it as a stronger word, though, so I'm sorry. I think I also misinterpreted your whole "secondary" thing as implying that the Wii wasn't necessary, which I obviously disagreed with.

wait, roid raging?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces