Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo better have something else up there sleeves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nintendo?
  Butt kicks?
  Diabolical schemes hiding behind innocent Japanese faces.
  *acts like an angry monkey*
View Results

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:25 pm
There he goes again.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm
Project Natal seems to be just like an enhancement of what Nintendo was thinking of for the Wii. The whole let your body be the controller thing was only meant to get 360 fans to think oh that's cool now I shove it the Wii's face. Sadly for them it's not working now is it. I am willing to go as far as to say that I hope the people that buy this piece of crap get hurt. I heard the price of it and that is way out anyone that owns a 360's league. Also after I saw the 360 market I thought everything costs $50.00 damn. At least the Wii doesn't charge a lot for anything.  

Treeyo

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:56 pm
The Punisher of Criminals
At least the Wii doesn't charge a lot for anything.
$45 for a Wiimote, nunchuk sold seperately, isn't a lot? surprised

Anyway, old technology is old. I saw this s**t on Tekken at the Playdium when I was 11. Microsoft is doing what it does best again: stealing ideas.

I think they're putting too much emphasis on how you play instead of what you play; in the end, it doesn't matter how blown away you are by this s**t, 'cause when the novelty wears off, the better games win, even if you have to play them with a one-button joystick.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:26 am
I hope for a new Mario game!  

Karigan250

Evamortte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:38 am
I'm skeptical about Natal and don't expect anything worth my time at it's launch. The wand I'll care about when I actually own a PS3, but for now no point getting hyped up for a console I don't own.
And yeah, there's no point in trying to beat Nintendo's profits atm, though I don't expect Nintendo to keep the Wii as their head console as long as Sony and Microsoft do. I will be amazed if Nintendo keeps the current version of the Wii in circulation for a 10 year lifespan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:48 am
Project Natal seems to be just like an enhancement of what Nintendo was thinking of for the Wii. The whole let your body be the controller thing was only meant to get 360 fans to think oh that's cool now I shove it the Wii's face. Sadly for them it's not working now is it. I am willing to go as far as to say that I hope the people that buy this piece of crap get hurt. I heard the price of it and that is way out anyone that owns a 360's league. Also after I saw the 360 market I thought everything costs $50.00 damn. At least the Wii doesn't charge a lot for anything.
You think $50 is a lot? And you think the Wii doesn't charge you a lot of anything?! Laaaawl.
Let's take a quick look at Gamestop.
Wiimote $39.99
Nunchuck $19.99
MotionPlus (an addon that delivers on Nintendo original implications) $24.99
Classic Controller (which requires a wiimote to work at all) $19.99

Now, my point isn't to bash Nintendo for these products, my point is that Nintendo is just ad guilty as it's competitors for Peripheral abuse.
Wiiwheel and zapper shell? Optional? Yes. Completely necessary? No.

Evamortte

CherubiMaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:15 pm
I don't believe this will affect Nintendo the slightest.

Maybe I'm putting to much trust in Nintendo, but they haven't let me down yet, and they haven't rubbed the Wiimote's capabilities in our faces. Some of my favorite Wii games don't require you to point or even move.

Trust in Nintendo, that is all.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:14 pm
Your lack of correct grammar is disgusting.  

Raptorphobia

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:39 pm
xBowserxChanx
Your lack of correct grammar is disgusting.
lol waaaaaat  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:23 pm
I hope the new Zelda game whoops the ps3 and xbox-360's butts, im starting to think the nintendo fanbase lives on nostalgia, however it pains me to think such thoughts about my favorite corporate giant. eek  

Monster_Mario

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:42 am
I really don't give a damn unless they make seriously awesome games, that work well and don't need the initial novelty behind it .

@Ultamatewarrior_link: Well I wouldn't say it's nostalgia, it's a mixed bag what Nintendo is doing. On a scale more leaned towards people who've never played a video game in their life. Then there's the virtual console for those who do want nostalgia.

I personally think they should slow down the casual based motives at this point, and start throwing in more curve/knuckle balls into the fray for the hardcore fanbase that's still Interested/Supportive/Forgiving.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 am
Evamortte
You think $50 is a lot? And you think the Wii doesn't charge you a lot of anything?! Laaaawl.
Let's take a quick look at Gamestop.
Wiimote $39.99
Nunchuck $19.99
MotionPlus (an addon that delivers on Nintendo original implications) $24.99
Classic Controller (which requires a wiimote to work at all) $19.99

Now, my point isn't to bash Nintendo for these products, my point is that Nintendo is just ad guilty as it's competitors for Peripheral abuse.
Wiiwheel and zapper shell? Optional? Yes. Completely necessary? No.

I know this is a late response, but:

1: You are listing prices for a controller that one buys in addition to the one the console came with. It's still more expensive than other controllers, but a wiimote+nunchak is really just 10 or so dollars more than buying an extra wireless 360 controller. Ten dollars hardly makes up for the difference you pay when you get a year's subscription for Live, especially since you have to pay that every year. I didn't pay anything for my Motionplus; it came with Wii Sports Resort, just as the Wii Wheel came with Mario Kart, Monster Hunter Tri comes with the classic controller pro, etc. You could make a point and say that maybe you don't want to buy the game it comes with, but that's your own choice if you don't want a good bundle. Then there's the whole deal with every single Wii game being ten dollars less than the HD games, which already makes up for the difference in controller prices.

... I guess there is no 2.

So yeah, does Nintendo make a lot of peripherals? Hell yeah. Do they really cost you anything? I'd say "not ever," but to be safe I'll say a good majority of the time it doesn't.  

Waynebrizzle

Peaceful Disturbance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 pm
It doesn't matter. Sony and Microsoft have already been eaten alive by Nintendo's cheap...ness and commercial advertising.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm
Peaceful Disturbance
It doesn't matter. Sony and Microsoft have already been eaten alive by Nintendo's cheap...ness and commercial advertising.
Pretty sure they're both surviving still, just like Nintendo survived the last couple generations when the 64 and Cube soundly finished last in the console races.

Let's not Top Gun this s**t yet.  

Allegro

Kittymeeow

Anxious Cupcake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:24 pm
Nintendo has nothing to worry about at all.
The Wii is STILL not stocked in many places. I know 3 people trying to find them right now all in 3 different states. They know how to play the game, plus look at what they have done for gaming time and time again.

Mind you I looooooove my 360, but Nintendo had me from age 2. : ]  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces