Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:10 am
Rusti Fire
The Rawk Hawk

Well, gift cards are good when people know you well.
Youre missing a verb in that sentence.

No he isn't?

But you're missing an apostrophe.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:14 am
Rusti Fire
The Rawk Hawk

It's right there. >>  

Terara Drakon

melikefood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:14 am
Snuggies, but then they become so bad it's good.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 am
Yeah, I agree on gift cards. And on top of all that money nonsense with them, don't gift cards also expire after a while? It's like wasting perfectly good money!

And t-shirts. And socks. I ******** get socks every damn year.  

Tanzama -CCV-

Orphie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:04 am
Terara Drakon
Rusti Fire
The Rawk Hawk

It's right there. >>
And there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:20 am
I don't really like getting money for gifts, the whole point of Christmas is thinking about the people you care about enough to get them a thoughtful gift.

My worst gift was a couple of AC/DC albums. The gift was really thoughtful, my aunt just had no idea how much I hate Angus Young and Co.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vaettur

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:37 am
I hate it when people give me booze. I have so many bottles that i'll probably never drink.

Also, i don't like getting shower stuff like shampoo or shower gel. I like the ones i'm using already. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:30 am
I always get some form of clothing for every holiday that results in me getting a present. My closet gets so full, so I usually end up giving some of the clothes that don't fit me/I don't really like to my cousin.

And Sonic Unleashed. I never got to finish the last damned part of that game.  

MaverickDrifter

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 am
Owwin
it only works at Bed bath and beyond or some other stupid ******** place that takes gift cards.
I will take this.

How about. My uncle, who very thoughtfully sends me a gift every year, but generally it's a borders gift-card, now hey, musics+books are good, right, but the nearest borders is an hour away, and they don't have super saver shipping ever since they separated their online store from amazon.

I've never really gotten angry about a gift that was given sincerely, that I can remember.

The most recent experience I can describe that is an insincere gift was when my little sister convince my mom I wanted guitar hero Decades for the DS, because she played it at a friends house and was looking to play it.

The peripheral was too small for my hands AND I DON'T LIKE GUITAR HERO.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:38 am
Rusti Fire
The Rawk Hawk

But I hate gifts that you already got for your self or that you get multiples of. I received two copies of Fallout 3 for the PC for my bday. Can't sell those to game stop, and was way past walmarts return policy.
Play-n-trade takes unopened PC games, I think.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:23 am
I remember that one time, my sister got two copies of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, one for Gamecube, one for PS2.

Also, I still have two copies of Star Wars: Episode III from my 16th birthday.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 am
[Kegan]
Owwin
it only works at Bed bath and beyond or some other stupid ******** place that takes gift cards.
I will take this.

How about. My uncle, who very thoughtfully sends me a gift every year, but generally it's a borders gift-card, now hey, musics+books are good, right, but the nearest borders is an hour away, and they don't have super saver shipping ever since they separated their online store from amazon.

I've never really gotten angry about a gift that was given sincerely, that I can remember.

The most recent experience I can describe that is an insincere gift was when my little sister convince my mom I wanted guitar hero Decades for the DS, because she played it at a friends house and was looking to play it.

Wow, that's underhanded.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:32 am
Ribbin
[Kegan]
Owwin
I will take this.

Wow, that's underhanded.
wow, never thought someone would do that. I mean I can see why you want to influence a gift towards something you could play as well but when the recipient doesn't even want it, that's low.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm
A head of lettuce with a giftcard hidden inside... stare  

BleuP

Sugary Wife

17,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0