Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Christmas Shopping! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christmas Shopping?
  Love It!
  Hate It!
  No opinion.
View Results

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:21 am

Oh yeah, I totally do agree with that. If you do not ask...then it's likely you may never get it. But, there is a huge difference between kindly requesting something and begging. It seems like most kids nowadays don't simply ask, they beg.

[ rinioa ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:46 am
finished all my christmas shopping! -dances- pirate  

Pirate Captain Specc

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 am
purpleravenhawk
Dude, you've had really good luck every day of your life. xp And yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Sorry, but I didn't tell you that being the good kid meant you couldn't ask for anything.

Iakun
I don't think it's out of line asking for a Ps3 for Christmas. That's like one day out of the year you CAN ask for such things lol A request isn't bad. It's only bad when you throw a shitfit over not getting it on the day.

My sister surprised me with my xbox 360. I didn't even ask for it, she just overheard me talking about some games for it that I wanted to play and bought me the whole system! That's a miracle cuz, you know, my sister usually isn't very nice to me.

Out of curiosity...
Why bother with a system that could be broken before you even open the box? (you know, the red ring of death thing)

Rinioa

Oh yeah, I totally do agree with that. If you do not ask...then it's likely you may never get it. But, there is a huge difference between kindly requesting something and begging. It seems like most kids nowadays don't simply ask, they beg.

[ rinioa ]

Well, I know that I could be accused of begging.
Specifically when it comes to purple's stockpile of junkfood.
sweatdrop

Pirate Captain Specc
finished all my christmas shopping! -dances- pirate

Congrats, I finished too ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:34 pm
now for the hard part...wrapping the gifts razz  

Pirate Captain Specc

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 pm
I'll wrap them for you, El Capitan! I don't have much to wrap myself this year. sweatdrop

Iakun: My main objection to the PS3 was that it was super expensive, and our parents have a major credit card problem. And dude has a history of asking for (and getting) expensive things. That was super nice of your sister, tho. I would've been in shock.

Rini: Not to mention, a huge difference between asking and demanding. 3nodding

dude: Stockpile? I'd hardly call it that. You've begged it down to a handful of year-old candy canes, some harry potter beans, and a couple of chocolate items that I won't be sharing. xp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 am
Pirate Captain Specc
now for the hard part...wrapping the gifts razz

LOL, wrapping is WAY easy compared to trying to decide what everyone wants.

purpleravenhawk
Iakun: My main objection to the PS3 was that it was super expensive, and our parents have a major credit card problem. And dude has a history of asking for (and getting) expensive things. That was super nice of your sister, tho. I would've been in shock.

dude: Stockpile? I'd hardly call it that. You've begged it down to a handful of year-old candy canes, some harry potter beans, and a couple of chocolate items that I won't be sharing. xp

Well if I hadn't asked for mine, you probably wouldn't have gotten yours ^.^
And a large halloween bucket of candy in the basement, ISN'T what I'd call "just a handfull" ~raises eyebrow~  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:38 pm
That's for xmas! xp  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 pm
You two sound like me and my sister. I have a history for asking for expensive things and getting them too, unfortunately my sister has turned out horribly bitter towards me because of it. But then again she too never asked for anything all that expensive all that often, and my dad ain't rich either.

@Dude. I've had my 360 for over a year and it hasn't died yet. I also have a 3 year warranty on it. I don't play my 360 12 hours straight like a lot of nutjobs do so I don't run as much of a risk of overheating it. The design flaw that caused the RROD was more or less fixed after a certain model was released, mine being that model or after. So really the risk of RROD has gone down drastically, but of course it's still possible... just like it's possible for older models of the PS3 to get the YLOD (yellow light of death).

These new gen consoles are not without their flaws unfortunately. Also at the time the PS3 was more expensive and the jrpgs I wanted to play were all on the 360. I think I'll still eventually get the PS3 and might even re-buy FFXIII for it too. xd Just to see how different it is compared to the 360 version in graphics and performance...  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:48 pm
Usually I have my Christmas shopping done early in the year because as I live my life I'll stumble onto a store or place wander in and something will jump out and go, "OMG that is SO So-N-So," but this year no one is getting a gift except my little brother and that's only because I bought his gift long ago...I just need to mail it to him and pray to god that the post office doesn't lose this one. *sighs*

Anyway, Christmas is to tight this year for us so no one is getting a gift from us, but they understand thankfully...I think...

I can't say I like Christmas shopping myself I hate going out at this time of year because it's like when Christmas comes around a switch gets thrown in people to become terrors, crazy drivers, and all around nut jobs. Sadly I have things to do and have to go out and deal with those people.

I'm not sure if Jesus was real or not, but for one this isn't his birthday the dude was born in like March or something so yeah it's a pagan holiday in all honest truth and I'm Okay with that I'd like it to be more about the spirit, the warmth, the kindness, the care...but anymore it's about getting all the gifts bought and mailed out and going from one party to the next and out buying someone so, So-N-So likes you better then Aunt Whoever because you out spent them or whatever. I swear that's all this holiday has become...

*frowns* I'm sorry to be such a downer... I do hope though that all of you have a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and whatever other holiday you celebrate this time of year and that you can spend it with those you truly love and care about.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:14 am
purpleravenhawk
That's for xmas! xp

Pardon me...

Iakun
You two sound like me and my sister. I have a history for asking for expensive things and getting them too, unfortunately my sister has turned out horribly bitter towards me because of it. But then again she too never asked for anything all that expensive all that often, and my dad ain't rich either.

@Dude. I've had my 360 for over a year and it hasn't died yet. I also have a 3 year warranty on it. I don't play my 360 12 hours straight like a lot of nutjobs do so I don't run as much of a risk of overheating it. The design flaw that caused the RROD was more or less fixed after a certain model was released, mine being that model or after. So really the risk of RROD has gone down drastically, but of course it's still possible... just like it's possible for older models of the PS3 to get the YLOD (yellow light of death).

These new gen consoles are not without their flaws unfortunately. Also at the time the PS3 was more expensive and the jrpgs I wanted to play were all on the 360. I think I'll still eventually get the PS3 and might even re-buy FFXIII for it too. xd Just to see how different it is compared to the 360 version in graphics and performance...

Purple has always disliked my good luck.
Whether cards, dice, or any game of chance, I've always well.

Well, that's good to hear.
WAIT A MINUTE! What's this about a yellow light of death?

Moonracer
Usually I have my Christmas shopping done early in the year because as I live my life I'll stumble onto a store or place wander in and something will jump out and go, "OMG that is SO So-N-So," but this year no one is getting a gift except my little brother and that's only because I bought his gift long ago...I just need to mail it to him and pray to god that the post office doesn't lose this one. *sighs*

Anyway, Christmas is to tight this year for us so no one is getting a gift from us, but they understand thankfully...I think...

I can't say I like Christmas shopping myself I hate going out at this time of year because it's like when Christmas comes around a switch gets thrown in people to become terrors, crazy drivers, and all around nut jobs. Sadly I have things to do and have to go out and deal with those people.

I'm not sure if Jesus was real or not, but for one this isn't his birthday the dude was born in like March or something so yeah it's a pagan holiday in all honest truth and I'm Okay with that I'd like it to be more about the spirit, the warmth, the kindness, the care...but anymore it's about getting all the gifts bought and mailed out and going from one party to the next and out buying someone so, So-N-So likes you better then Aunt Whoever because you out spent them or whatever. I swear that's all this holiday has become...

*frowns* I'm sorry to be such a downer... I do hope though that all of you have a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and whatever other holiday you celebrate this time of year and that you can spend it with those you truly love and care about.

This one?
mrgreen
It's the over-commercializing of the season.
(Isn't it fun - "being sarcastic" )
I've never really tried to play the "out-doing" someone else war.
One gift per person, whatever I can afford.
End of topic. That's how I do it.
As long as it's something they like, it can be the cheapest thing on their "want" list.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 am

YLOD? Please explain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:41 pm
I'm surprised you guys don't know. Though people love to complain about the 360's RROD, which has been largely fixed for the newer models, any PS3 before the slim has a chance of having the YLOD (yellow light of death). Both consoles have that death weakness, it's just that the PS3's chances were always lower than the 360's. (To be honest, I bet the PS3 slim has a chance of YLOD too, but by now the chance is probably so small it's not even worth thinking about.)

The only thing I don't like about the 360 is the heating up issue. I have to use a fan attachment that works wonders but makes so much goddamn noise it SORT OF kills the enjoyment of rpgs, especially in the calmer quieter moments of the story. Without the fan attachment I wouldn't dare play more than 2 hours. With it, I don't dare play more than 5 hours.

I bet the PS3 can have heating issues as well but you can probably play it for many more hours straight and you don't use a fan attachment as far as I know. *sigh* I would have loved to get FFXIII for the PS3 but we're freaking poor now and the only way I'm getting the game is because thankfully there's a 360 version and I'm trading in an a**-load of games that I don't want, for credit.

Anyway, enough rambling. sweatdrop

edit: Oh yeah the other thing that sucks, everyone and their mom has a ps3 which kind of leaves me alone on the 360. I don't really have anyone to add to my friendlist on xbox live and chat. SAAAAAAAAAAAD  

Iakun

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:05 pm
Iakun
I'm surprised you guys don't know. Though people love to complain about the 360's RROD, which has been largely fixed for the newer models, any PS3 before the slim has a chance of having the YLOD (yellow light of death). Both consoles have that death weakness, it's just that the PS3's chances were always lower than the 360's. (To be honest, I bet the PS3 slim has a chance of YLOD too, but by now the chance is probably so small it's not even worth thinking about.)

The only thing I don't like about the 360 is the heating up issue. I have to use a fan attachment that works wonders but makes so much goddamn noise it SORT OF kills the enjoyment of rpgs, especially in the calmer quieter moments of the story. Without the fan attachment I wouldn't dare play more than 2 hours. With it, I don't dare play more than 5 hours.

I bet the PS3 can have heating issues as well but you can probably play it for many more hours straight and you don't use a fan attachment as far as I know. *sigh* I would have loved to get FFXIII for the PS3 but we're freaking poor now and the only way I'm getting the game is because thankfully there's a 360 version and I'm trading in an a**-load of games that I don't want, for credit.

edit: Oh yeah the other thing that sucks, everyone and their mom has a ps3 which kind of leaves me alone on the 360. I don't really have anyone to add to my friendlist on xbox live and chat. SAAAAAAAAAAAD
I dont have a PS3 YET. I believe I'm getting one for Jesus day though.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:54 pm
*raises hand* I don't have one either bro! And probably won't be getting one for a long while! I'm butt a** poor too.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:53 am
Iakun

HUH, well that's news to me. I didn't know about the PS3's YLOD, though to be honest, it doesn't surprise me in the least. Companies sure are cheap these days, sending out systems before all the bugs are fixed. (I'd bet that the NES, never had this trouble - I don't think so anyway)

And yeah, the ps3 has some major heating issues, I haven't run into any heat related freeze-ups (and I play mine for multiple hours a day), but lets just say that I will NEVER need a "space heater". If it weren't for the oscillating fan in my room, I would die of heat exhaustion.

Well I got one of the first ones so I could have the backwards compatability that the new slim models don't. Any model that doesn't have that feature is total garbage, but that's just my opinion.

As for the online stuff? I get game systems to play games, not to have extra websurfing or dvd and cd playing devices. I've never plugged my ps3 into the internet so much as once. Even when I updated the firmware, I just used my computer and flash drive.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff