Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil MystREs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nankobo Tenkai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:47 am
Mr. Kennedy
Hmm... First one stumped me... And the second one was worse.

Full Metal Jacket was a war movie based on the Vietnam War.... Im sure theres no connection. Bible Camp? Wha? sweatdrop

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:05 am
This isn't really a mystery or anything, but did any of you realise that it snows at the Antarctic base in CV, but it doesn't actually snow in the Antarctic in real life. Also, it's frickkin' cold there, Claire and Steve should've died from low body temperature.

Valimai

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:19 am
~Daughter of Sparda~
This isn't really a mystery or anything, but did any of you realise that it snows at the Antarctic base in CV, but it doesn't actually snow in the Antarctic in real life. Also, it's frickkin' cold there, Claire and Steve should've died from low body temperature.
Yeah, but... Leon's bullet wound should have developed gangreen, and Jill's wrist would have Shattered when she fired that magnum to finish off Nemesis at the end. It's all Hollywood.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:28 am
Biohazard EXTREME
~Daughter of Sparda~
Yeah, but... Leon's bullet wound should have developed gangreen, and Jill's wrist would have Shattered when she fired that magnum to finish off Nemesis at the end. It's all Hollywood.

Jill was a trained member of STARS and before that DELTA. I don't think she would crumble like a cookie.  

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:46 am
CapitainCanada
Jill was a trained member of STARS and before that DELTA. I don't think she would crumble like a cookie.
It doesn't matter where she was trained. The human wrist cannot handle the stress of a .357 Revolver. If she held it with two hands, that's believable, with some carpal tunnel syndrome in near future, but with one hand, he'd fire one bullet and her wrist would be ********. Either that, or the gun would jerk her arm back so far that she would fall.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:49 pm
Mystery 3: The Big E Concert

So I was playing RE3 and found this oddly out of place advertisement.

User Image

At first I made nothing of it, but then I decided to google it and here's what I found:

The Big E is also known as the Eastern State Exposition. It is a non-profit even that occurs annually for a duration onf 17 days starting in September in West Springfield, Massachusetts. What it's doing in a Mid-Western Town in a whole nother State beats me.
I do not know the reason for it, but that advertisement is an interesting thing to find, out of nowhere. Among all, "Local Newspapers Scattered here," and "Nothing of interest there" messages.

For more information on The Big E visit http://www.thebige.com  

Biohazard EXTREME

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:11 pm
Wait, isn't raccoon city supposed to be in the midwest?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:15 pm
CapitainCanada
Wait, isn't raccoon city supposed to be in the midwest?
Well that discredits what I just said. Forgot all about that.
I fixed it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:39 pm
LIAM G-VERONICA B.O.W
regarding the gravestone, this was probably a concept developed before the george trevor idea, resi one was going to have a ciborg in it but they took it out rolleyes
RE1 was going to have George Trevor in it from the very beginning too. But either way, it's still interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:14 pm
The first two I have been trying to figure out for a while.

The third oddly enough I never noticed.

Very strange.

Wanna know somthing funny? Back when I only had PS, the disk to Directors Cut was messed up but I tried playing it anyways. The game was glitchy and eventually got better untill I met up wth Barry on the second floor. After waiting threw the movie part I went down to the main hall and Jills head would disconnect while walking and when I would run it would flash from Jills head to Barrys. It was very strange.  

xXxXx iRiS hEaRt xXxXx

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:48 am
I now inject this thread with the T-Virus and revive it! biggrin

Mystery 4: The Mine-Darts (Homing)... key item?

This is in Resident Evil 4 (PS2 or Gamecube).

Okay, to get this thing, you have to do a glitch (see the Cafe, page 130). It's easy enough, but you'll get a bunch of items and ammo... and a key item called "Mine-Darts (Homing)". Go check it out and examine it in the Keys/Treasures screen (your cursor will point at a blank space, but it'll be labeled at the bottom). The description is "Custom mines for the Mine Thrower. These Mine-Darts homeMagnum Ammo n the enemies." Wierd. I bet it should say "Custom mine for the Mine Thrower. These Mine-Darts home in on the enemies". Obviously, this is most likely a beta item. My guess is that they had these before the Exclusive upgrade (which makes the mine darts homing darts) and you could use them. One thing keeps that theory from being correct, however, and it's the topic of discussion:

Why would Mine-Darts (Homing) be a key item in Resident Evil 4?

Information below added by Biohazard EXTREME:

User Image

You can't see the lettering that well, so I went ahead and tried the glitch myself.
The explanation says:
Mine-Darts (Homing)
Custom mines for the Mine Thrower.
These Mine-Darts homeMagnum Ammo n on the enemies.

Naturally, the [Magnum Ammo ] is a glitch. Where [Magnum Ammo ] is, I'm guessing was supposed to be something along the lines of, "These Mine-Darts home n on the enemies."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:46 pm
It's a key item? Damn. Good find. See? There's another example of beta stuff ending up on the disc.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:12 pm
Now it's got me hooked, though. Why would they be a key item if they're just Mine-Darts that home in on people? That on top of the Full Metal Prison gravestone mystery... My brain is gonna strain itself too much! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:06 am
I have no logical answer for the first one...but maybe in the original japanese text it actually had a more profound meaning? Like how some words are comprimised through translations, perhaps? That's the only thing I'm getting. sweatdrop

And the homing mine darts...from the way the text has typos, do you think it was going to be a special weapon for a boss battle but they dropped the idea at the last minute, but didn't fully remove it from the game?  

MilitantClockwork

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces