Reply The Lolita Society.
Illustration Series: Brainstorming for Ideas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:44 pm
How about this- 50-100, 8 x 11" non-gloss sheets of the Swan, full page, but lightened, like a watermark image. Instant stationary!

I'd take a pack or two, unlined, through paypal if that's something you wouldn't mind doing.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:49 pm
I actually checked pricing on the printer I'd be using [again, joys of working in a press shop], because it was something to consider. The minimum they do for stationary/letterheads is 250, at 107 dollars before shipping. XD;;;

Notepads are a minimum of 5 pads, 50 sheets each, at 5x4.25". Cost of that was over 80.

I'll poke around when I get back to the office Monday and see if there's a way to do it for less/as a smaller number of prints.

spuntino
Crew

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 pm
eek  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 pm
Notepads and letterhead/stationary look to be a bit out of my price range until I manage to generate some interest and sales. I ordered the first batch of postcards tonight, though. The back is super basic, with just my name and email address, and a dividing line and paw print to mark where the stamp goes:

User Image User Image

For the test run, I chose the Rabbit and the Wolf, since the Swan needs some editing and the Raven hasn't been colored yet. The color on the little thumbnails aren't at all accurate, because of the CMYK to RGB change when I saved them as .jpg files.

spuntino
Crew

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 am
This still looks absolutely gorgeous to see, do you have an estimate of what the final pricing would be for them?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:21 pm
Right now, I'm thinking that pricing would be like so:

$3.00 -> One (1) Print
$10.00 -> Five (5) Prints
$15.00 -> Ten (10) Prints

Every print from 10 pieces and up would be $1.50. So 20 prints would be $30.00. Think that's fair?

Also, when I've finished more/printed more cards, there'll be the option of making mixed sets.

spuntino
Crew

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:25 pm
Cool, cool. How are you going to go about the sales?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:24 am
I'll be selling them on EGL, my website [if I can get it back up before next week], and accepting requests through email. Shipping will be one flat rate for any amount up to 20 pieces domestically. I need to check on international rates.

spuntino
Crew

caramel frappuccino

Sparkly Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 am
I like the occupational lolita idea.
I know you already have a suggestion for the fashion designer but I would also like to suggest instead of her petticoat in the way, perhaps her skirt gets caught in the sewing machine and it rips? or maybe she pricks her fingers a lot so she has band aids on her fingers?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:25 pm
Finished another illustration: the Raven.

Next up is either the Lion and his Cub, or the Reindeer. The Lion image has been inked, but I'm not so happy with it.

spuntino
Crew

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 pm
So. My first batch of cards didn't print right. By error in formatting on the file, my 6.125 x 4.125" EPS file was shortened by a good three and a half inches. It was then centered for printing. Lame.

I'll order a new batch in the future, after I design a cuter back for that batch. I wasn't much feeling the lines to begin with, and this whole debacle makes me want to make it over as well as "make it right". In the mean time, I've put the cards up for sale on the comm sales for half what I had originally intended, and will be having the Raven printed up in the next two weeks or so for sale as well. This time, I know how to get the files right, though.

Working on addressing everyone's cards (the "raincheck" cards with screwed up backs, that is), and then I'll send 'em out on Saturday when I go to the post office.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:09 pm
Oh those came out gorgeous! I am going show these to Mae and Tsu to see if we end up just ordering together and getting a batch among the three of us :3  

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:56 pm
If you guys wanna batch, just let me know! I'll be ordering the Raven soon and a reprint of those [which means the messed up ones will be even cheaper]. :3

Also, a deviation from the wildlife for a bit!
New Illustration up: The Clockwork Queen [on DA / on EGL]. Slightly NSFW due to boobies.

I binged on that sucker, man. 6 hours straight on lineart, at least four on colors.

... now why can't I do that on illustrations that actually matter?!

Next image, the Lion and his Cub still. After that, the Bat and then the Reindeer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 pm
I'm really impressed with how fast you're getting these out. It takes me forever to get an idea even into pencils.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:42 pm
By most standards, I am quite slow. XD;;
There are a lot of artists who churn out a piece a day, if not faster, even with work/school to interfere. I've been trying to draw more frequently, but life gets in the way I'm afraid. Especially life as it pertains to my boyfriend. haha

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff